Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roquan Smith. LB Georgia
ok. now is the time to start thinking draft. picking at around #9 this would be ideal slot to draft this difference maker. in the mold of Falcons Jones, or Bucs David hes the new type of LB we need to team with Burfict. lets be honest , besides Burfict our lbs are garbage. love this guy. i wanted Foster last year, but ill be happy with Smith.. still cant believe we drafted a injury prone undersized wr. fml
Check out @UgaRecruitNews’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/UgaRecruitNews/status/939678206755565568?s=09
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 12:29 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: ok. now is the time to start thinking draft. picking at around #9 this would be ideal slot to draft this difference maker.  in the mold of Falcons Jones,  or Bucs David hes the new type of LB we need to team with Burfict.  lets be honest , besides Burfict our lbs are garbage.  love this guy.  i wanted Foster last year, but ill be happy with Smith.. still cant believe we drafted a injury prone undersized wr.   fml
Check out @UgaRecruitNews’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/UgaRecruitNews/status/939678206755565568?s=09

I just saw a mock that had us taking Lamar Jackson. :whiteflag:

I'd like this kid, or a top notch Olineman.  LB is a big need too.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm okay with Smith as he'll be a lot of help in the run game too. Our LB's do suck...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 12:29 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: ok. now is the time to start thinking draft. picking at around #9 this would be ideal slot to draft this difference maker.  in the mold of Falcons Jones,  or Bucs David hes the new type of LB we need to team with Burfict.  lets be honest , besides Burfict our lbs are garbage.  love this guy.  i wanted Foster last year, but ill be happy with Smith.. still cant believe we drafted a injury prone undersized wr.   fml

This is why we need to atleast grab a Guard like Andrew Norwell in FA.

Then take Roquan with our 1st rounder and grab a Center next.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is why we need to atleast grab a Guard like Andrew Norwell in FA.

Yup.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is why we need to atleast grab a Guard like Andrew Norwell in FA.

I can't help but read this as Narwhal, and then I think about one of my favorite parts of Elf...
[Image: eY1KpON.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
By the time it's all said and done, we will be drafting 7 (my best guess)

If that's the case, you take the best player on the board

In my opinion, that's going to be Quentin Nelson. He immediately makes this team better up front. Best OG prospect to come around in years.
Reply/Quote

How about this?

Sign Guard Norwell and Center Jensen. Let the coaching staff work with Ced and Fisher. Bring Smith back as an insurance Policy.

Draft a difference maker in Round 1- Smith or Christian Wilkens. I like Wilkens better.

Draft Christopher Herndon at TE at some spot. Probably 2nd or 3rd Round.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: By the time it's all said and done, we will be drafting 7 (my best guess)

If that's the case, you take the best player on the board

In my opinion, that's going to be Quentin Nelson.  He immediately makes this team better up front.  Best OG prospect to come around in years.

All for Nelson if we don't get a Guard in FA, dude is a monster.

Just would like for us to open up the draft some and Guard is much better in FA this year than Center and there are some
fine Centers in this draft. Hard to see us going G then Center with our first 2 picks and we really need a Center more than a
Guard right now, no matter how good Nelson is.

(12-13-2017, 02:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How about this?

Sign Guard Norwell and Center Jensen. Let the coaching staff work with Ced and Fisher. Bring Smith back as an insurance Policy.

Draft a difference maker in Round 1- Smith or Christian Wilkens. I like Wilkens better.

Sure would be nice to not have to draft O-line with our first two picks. Just doubt we free up the draft that much.

History is not on our side. Do like Wilkens just as much as Roquan or Quentin Nelson. Extremely disruptive.
Reply/Quote

Or how about this?

Sign Jensen (or some other center) and LB Zach Brown or Preston Brown. Two proven veterans at two very important positions.
Then you can pick up Wilkins still while not worrying about LB.
OL in Round 2 and/or 3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All for Nelson if we don't get a Guard in FA, dude is a monster.

Just would like for us to open up the draft some and Guard is much better in FA this year than Center and there are some
fine Centers in this draft. Hard to see us going G then Center with our first 2 picks and we really need a Center more than a
Guard right now, no matter how good Nelson is.

Sure would be nice to not have to draft O-line with our first two picks. Just doubt we free up the draft that much.

History is not on our side. Do like Wilkens just as much as Roquan or Quentin Nelson. Extremely disruptive.

My fear on Wilkens is they'd take him to allow Atkins to leave.

Our defensive line is in trouble. Atkins/Dunlap/MJ are all free agents after next year. I do think Willis eases that...but IF they lose Atkins...we could end up with one of the worst defensive lines in football...similar to what we experienced on offense.
Reply/Quote
All this "all our linebackers suck except Burfict" talk makes me laugh when I remember the "Vigilantes" that were all about Vigil, and the Nick Vigil jokes. I think we have some decent LBers, but their coach played linebacker in a different time, and we need a younger coach who knows this is now a passing league.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is why we need to atleast grab a Guard like Andrew Norwell in FA.

Agreed. A defensive stud in 1 and price in 2. Maybe even a trade up to get price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Nobody likes talking draft more than I. That is why I would like to remind everyone that we have a whole forum dedicated to draft talk.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

i like this plan.  as long as we use free agency to secure one spot on the oline.  but Smith looks like a difference maker.   OT Conner Williams is the mauler type OT most of you want at tackle.  vicious ground blocker. opposite of OG 70.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:01 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Agreed.  A defensive stud in 1 and price in 2.  Maybe even a trade up to get price.

So we have a ton of draft picks. I often wonder why we don't trade up to get a 2nd 2nd Round pick?

A lot of our late round guys are just special teamers. Trade a 3rd and 4th for an extra 2nd.

Get 3 really good prospects.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My fear on Wilkens is they'd take him to allow Atkins to leave.

Our defensive line is in trouble. Atkins/Dunlap/MJ are all free agents after next year. I do think Willis eases that...but IF they lose Atkins...we could end up with one of the worst defensive lines in football...similar to what we experienced on offense.

Eh, draft Wilkens and extend Geno and Dunlap for 2 or 3 more years. Willis, Lawson and Billings start to come around...

Badass D-line, one of the best with a new DC.

(12-13-2017, 03:01 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Agreed.  A defensive stud in 1 and price in 2.  Maybe even a trade up to get price.

Lots of good Centers in this draft would trade up for any of the top 2 if we have to.

(12-13-2017, 03:17 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: i like this plan.  as long as we use free agency to secure one spot on the oline.  but Smith looks like a difference maker.   OT Conner Williams is the mauler type OT most of you want at tackle.  vicious ground blocker. opposite of OG 70.

In FA, we grab Norwell, draft Conner Williams with our 1st, Price with our 2nd...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All this "all our linebackers suck except Burfict" talk makes me laugh when I remember the "Vigilantes" that were all about Vigil, and the Nick Vigil jokes. I think we have some decent LBers, but their coach played linebacker in a different time, and we need a younger coach who knows this is now a passing league.

have you not watched Rey, Vigil n Evans play this year? they stink
Reply/Quote

if there is OL worthy of going where we pick that's what we gotta get... That would be the biggest difference maker based on this season
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 04:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if there is OL worthy of going where we pick that's what we gotta get... That would be the biggest difference maker based on this season

Like i said if we really want to upgrade this O-line we should grab atleast one player in FA and Guard is much
better this season in FA than Center. We should draft our Center this year even if we have to trade up for the
best one available IMHO.
Reply/Quote