Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rose, Conyers....the list continues to grow
CBS suspends Rose, PBS halts his show following allegations

Charlie Rose accused of sexual harassment by 8 women

https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/charli...nt-by-8-women

Top Democrat Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accuser With $27,000 In Taxpayer Money

A leading Democratic congressman settled a wrongful dismissal complaint for more than $27,000 in taxpayer funding after he allegedly fired the staffer because she would not “succumb to [his] sexual advances,” according to a new report.

The congressman, Michigan Rep. John Conyers, is described as a serial sexual harasser who would prey on his female staffers
in sworn affidavits signed by four of his former staffers. BuzzFeed News first reported the bombshell allegations and accompanying settlement after right-wing blogger Mike Cernovich provided the website with the documents.

One former female employee filed a complaint with the Congressional Office Of Compliance in 2014, alleging that she was fired for rebuffing Conyers’ sexual advances. It was that employee who eventually received a $27,111.75 settlement in 2015, in exchange for a confidentiality agreement. The congressman did not admit to fault as part of the settlement agreement.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/20/re...axpayer-money/

Lets see thus far the list of liberal sex perverts....

Charlie Rose, Al Franken, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Clinton, Louis C.K., John Conyers, Kevin Spacey, Glenn Thrush, Mark Halperin,Dustin Hoffman, Jeffrey Tambor.

My oh my, and recall how atop their perch of moral superiority did liberals express so much vitriol toward Bill O'Reilly.
Stay classy, DC.
Wait... So men are creeps? And they do ****** up things to women, and kids? It's almost as if, all that dumb ass rape culture stuff has a hint of truth to it... Sadly, people are more concerned with keeping a tally of which side is more rapey than the other. There doesn't seem to be much concern for any victims. This is all just another talking point until the next one comes along.

I cast shaaaaaaaame and derision on all of you !!!!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(11-22-2017, 09:58 AM)jason Wrote: Wait... So men are creeps? And they do ***** up things to women, and kids? It's almost as if, all that dumb ass rape culture stuff has a hint of truth to it... Sadly, people are more concerned with keeping a tally of which side is more rapey than the other. There doesn't seem to be much concern for any victims. This is all just another talking point until the next one comes along.

And people are now lumping in rape and pedophilia with an unwanted kiss and "feeling uncomfortable".

Is any of this sexual harassment?

Or is it different because they are on stage? Because both are good looking?

I said in another thread that if anyone took a good, hard look at their past I bet they'd find something that might cross the line.  The line is different for everyone.  And apparently the line moves over the years and can be reapplied to anything and everything.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-22-2017, 08:56 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Stay classy, DC.

...and Hollywood.

Love to see libs eating their own.
(11-22-2017, 12:57 PM)Vlad Wrote: ...and Hollywood.

You mean holding them accountable?  Yeah.  That's good to see.  Now if only the POTUS would do it....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
or Roy Moore........
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(11-22-2017, 12:57 PM)Vlad Wrote: ...and Hollywood.

That's unfortunate because for you get this sort of enjoyment, some people had to have their lives ruined... If not ruined, then scarred.

To me this isn't about some damned Senate seat, or pointing out that "they" do it to. This involves real people who were victimized in various degrees by people in power.

It's sad to me that convicted felons in the state penitentiary take this kind of thing more seriously than slanted news outlets, politicians, and the rah rah types for either political party. I'm not trying to put you down in any way. I'm just the father of a little girl who doesn't enjoy anything about any of this. I also think that the Republicans would be wise to move off of Moore, and find another pistol wielding, blue blooded, God fearing conservative in Alabama that doesn't have this baggage to get behind. I've been there. There are plenty to choose from.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
This is an issue that I struggle with more and more every time I new case arises. Where do we draw the line? bfine throws hat in the POTUS for 2020, Mary Jane Rottencrouch comes forward and states bfine touched me inappropriately in gym class back in 1982. I was afraid to come forward then as bfine was the most popular guy in school; however, others coming forward have given me the courage to come forward.

What course does bfine have except: I didn't feel (no pun intended) I did anything wrong and cannot remember the incident.

***Disclaimer for the usual suspects: This is not to imply that I don't believe accusers, condone sexual misconduct, or kick puppies.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-22-2017, 02:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is an issue that I struggle with more and more every time I new case arises.  Where do we draw the line? bfine throws hat in the POTUS for 2020, Mary Jane Rottencrouch comes forward and states bfine touched me inappropriately in gym class back in 1982. I was afraid to come forward then as bfine was the most popular guy in school; however, others coming forward have given me the courage to come forward.

What course does bfine have except: I didn't feel (no pun intended) I did anything wrong and cannot remember the incident.

***Disclaimer for the usual suspects: This is not to imply that I don't believe accusers, condone sexual misconduct, or kick puppies.

Well her name's Rottencrotch so I'm thinking Bfine did touch her, but Mary Jane was all in for Bfine being all in.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

What's the official score of liberal vs conservative sexual assault allegations? I need to know which side is less bad.
(11-22-2017, 12:57 PM)Vlad Wrote:  

Which is obviously the important thing here. Not the victims. Not the prevalence of both sexual assault and victim blaming. It's that another one from their side got taken down.
(11-22-2017, 04:38 PM)Benton Wrote: Which is obviously the important thing here. Not the victims. Not the prevalence of both sexual assault and victim blaming. It's that another one from their side got taken down.

Winning has always only been the important thing in politics.
A thought keeps popping back up in my noggin. Is this what the ‘drain the swamp’ mean? Getting rid of some of the vile and ugly?

Nah, it couldn’t be that. He’s already come out and endorsed Moore so the ‘liberal’ democrats can’t have that vote.

But, I still go back to this ‘draining the swamp’ motto.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

This is why I just live my life assuming everyone is terrible. I have yet to be disappointed by any of this. I have been happy to see people being held accountable for their actions. I just wish that was a more universal thing.
(11-22-2017, 09:58 AM)jason Wrote: Wait... So men are creeps? And they do ***** up things to women, and kids? It's almost as if, all that dumb ass rape culture stuff has a hint of truth to it... Sadly, people are more concerned with keeping a tally of which side is more rapey than the other. There doesn't seem to be much concern for any victims. This is all just another talking point until the next one comes along.

I cast  shaaaaaaaame and derision on all of you !!!!!!!

I agree that there seems to be a "which side is more rapey" vibe going on. However, I question whether this a matter of "rape culture" or the nature of men itself. I feel like people treat "rape culture" like it's some magical spell cast on men that make them do the things they do. Why can't it just be who they are from a natural perspective and not something that's always blamed on "rape culture"?
(11-22-2017, 02:11 AM)Vlad Wrote: CBS suspends Rose, PBS halts his show following allegations

Charlie Rose accused of sexual harassment by 8 women

https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/charli...nt-by-8-women

Top Democrat Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accuser With $27,000 In Taxpayer Money

A leading Democratic congressman settled a wrongful dismissal complaint for more than $27,000 in taxpayer funding after he allegedly fired the staffer because she would not “succumb to [his] sexual advances,” according to a new report.

The congressman, Michigan Rep. John Conyers, is described as a serial sexual harasser who would prey on his female staffers
in sworn affidavits signed by four of his former staffers. BuzzFeed News first reported the bombshell allegations and accompanying settlement after right-wing blogger Mike Cernovich provided the website with the documents.

One former female employee filed a complaint with the Congressional Office Of Compliance in 2014, alleging that she was fired for rebuffing Conyers’ sexual advances. It was that employee who eventually received a $27,111.75 settlement in 2015, in exchange for a confidentiality agreement. The congressman did not admit to fault as part of the settlement agreement.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/20/re...axpayer-money/

Lets see thus far the list of liberal sex perverts....

Charlie Rose, Al Franken, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Clinton, Louis C.K., John Conyers, Kevin Spacey, Glenn Thrush, Mark Halperin,Dustin Hoffman, Jeffrey Tambor.

My oh my, and recall how atop their perch of moral superiority did liberals express so much vitriol toward Bill O'Reilly.

LOL as I started reading this I was going to suggest you create one of your lists--then you beat me to it!  Your Republican list seems short a few names though.

Don't recall hearing Rose, Frank, Weinstein and Clinton et al. expressing "vitriol" towards Bill O'Reilly.  Maybe Rose and Franken did?   Does it matter if the ones expressing vitriol at O'Reilly are not the same ones now accused of misconduct? Not if all can be called "liberals" I guess.

I think I am not the only one who would now appreciate a little clarification. What is the point of listing people accused of a wide range of sexual misconduct simply to "recall how atop their perch of moral superiority" liberals condemned the misconduct of O'Reilly?

Especially when those moral superior liberals seem also to be "eating their own" as you put it, which you "love to see."

Trump elected prez DESPITE Clinton level scandal, and backs for Senate a Repub accused of molesting children. That Republicans do not seem to be "eating their own" is a problem which escapes notice when one reduces a non-partisan problem to toting up lists.
(11-22-2017, 06:13 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I agree that there seems to be a "which side is more rapey" vibe going on. However, I question whether this a matter of "rape culture" or the nature of men itself. I feel like people treat "rape culture" like it's some magical spell cast on men that make them do the things they do. Why can't it just be who they are from a natural perspective and not something that's always blamed on "rape culture"?

"Rape culture" is an unfortunate term, since it suggests a wide range of misconduct is rape-like, or that there is active support of rape out there, like "gun culture" suggests there are people who like and collect guns.

But sexual/gender norms are certainly cultural.  In the US, a woman wearing a skirt may walk quite a distance through most US cities without getting physically harassed. In other parts of the world, it is "normal" for men to whistle, accost, and even grope a woman so dressed. And in those parts of the world, behaviors quite unacceptable in the US are viewed as "natural."

I have already seen considerable change in gender roles and responsibilities over my lifetime. When I was 14 girls did not ride around in cars with boys, unless one-on-one on a date. Controlling men in most areas of social interaction was largely the responsibility of the woman. Men were supposed to be "gentleman," but the penalties for not being one were so slight that some guys only bothered when there was something to be gained. Then came the counter culture. By the time I was in college, women were "liberated." And to some degree men as well.  Men and women could lunch together as professionals and colleagues without setting off a storm of gossip.

Apparently too many men have viewed "liberation" as an opportunity. And so we appear to be once again at a moment when change in gender roles/responsibilities is accelerating. There will be winners and losers.  Trying to get a handle on that larger social change seems a bit more important than lining up a partisan list of sexual misconduct to battle one side's feelings of moral inferiority.
(11-22-2017, 05:29 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Winning has always only been the important thing in politics.

Remember when McCain refused to call Obama an "Arab"?  
(11-22-2017, 06:13 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I agree that there seems to be a "which side is more rapey" vibe going on. However, I question whether this a matter of "rape culture" or the nature of men itself. I feel like people treat "rape culture" like it's some magical spell cast on men that make them do the things they do. Why can't it just be who they are from a natural perspective and not something that's always blamed on "rape culture"?

Outside of context clues, I'm really not 100% sure what "rape culture" means. I just kinda assumed it was a phrase made up by the women's studies intellectual types to describe the natural phenomenon that you are speaking of. I just used it because I've heard the term thrown around and mocked from time to time. But you and I are on the same page here.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021