Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross Can't Be Butter Fingers Tonight
If the Bengals are to have any chance against Steelers, they need Ross to catch the ball when thrown to him. He shows he can be a real attack weapon when he catches the ball. The problem is he drops a lot of passes. It would help Dalton, Mixon, Boyd if Ross would catch the ball. If Stick-Em is still allowed in NFL, get his hands full of it.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I agree, stickum is banned I think but he needs some special gloves.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Agree but I feel the games outcome will really be determined on the ground. We have 12 yards rushing at the half.......

I believe Ross may be one of those players like Gresham, gotta get him in the game early with nice easy screen or something ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I will say he has at least 2 dropped passes and a fumble. I hope I am wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:05 AM)kevin Wrote: If the Bengals are to have any chance against Steelers,  they need Ross to catch the ball when thrown to him.  He shows he can be a real attack weapon when he catches the ball.  The problem is he drops a lot of passes.  It would help Dalton, Mixon, Boyd if Ross would catch the ball.  If Stick-Em is still allowed in NFL, get his hands full of it.

It almost defies logic that the purpose of this forum is to discuss a professional American Football team, this sub-topic is about one of our professional pass-catchers and his maladroit tendencies to catch passed footballs, and no one seems to notice the abject absurdity.

Except me for me. That's why I'm here, dear reader. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:13 AM)2slick Wrote: I will say he has at least 2 dropped passes and a fumble. I hope I am wrong.

I hope so to

In the words of John Madden "every receiver has drops every now and then, the key being every now and then" Ross has already used up his every now and thens.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:48 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree but I feel the games outcome will really be determined on the ground. We have 12 yards rushing at the half.......

I believe Ross may be one of those players like Gresham, gotta get him in the game early with nice easy screen or something ?

Ya know, Gresham was one of those guys who I was frustrated with for years but eventually came to think he was undervalued by the fanbase.
For 5 years straight he gave the Bengals 450+ yards and 4+ TDs every season, but people will just remember his untimely fumbles or drops.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
In all fairness, we've won more games when Ross was either on the bench or a total non-factor than when he actually did something...so there is that.
Reply/Quote
This forum never ceases to amaze me. Yes, Ross has drops and like a bunch of other guys has made mistakes (you know like horrible tackling by most of our defense), yet it is one of our most productive players thus far in 2019 that is chosen to single out.

We have some even hoping he fails saying drops and fumbles. Nervous
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Ross has been the least of my worries on offense
His good has out weighted the bad this year
The lack of running lanes is very concerning.
The lack of overall production from the TEs is alaming
This offense hasn't scored more than 2 TDs in a game this year.
ROSS has been a bright spot on a average offense this
Year.
Who would you rather see in his place ....Alex Erickson?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:31 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Ross has been the least of my worries on offense
His good has out weighted the bad this year
The lack of running lanes is very concerning.
The lack of overall production from the TEs is alaming
This offense hasn't scored more than 2 TDs in a game this year.
ROSS has been a bright spot on a average offense this
Year.
Who would you rather see in his place ....Alex Erickson?

We have 6 TD's and  Ross has 3 or 50% of our TD's and leads the team in receiving yards in 2019. I agree, why bash Ross???????

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We have 6 TD's and  Ross has 3 or 50% of our TD's and leads the team in receiving yards in 2019. I agree, why bash Ross???????

Maybe we beat the Bills if he doesn't cough up the ball the second our offense finally does something right?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe we beat the Bills if he doesn't cough up the ball the second our offense finally does something right?

Maybe we beat the Bills if Andy actually hit Auden Tate inside 
His catch radius ?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:59 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Maybe we beat the Bills if Andy actually hit Auden Tate inside 
His catch radius ?

Ah my bad, I must have misplaced my job aide outlining which things that actually happened I'm allowed to ignore and which ones I'm supposed to blame when we come up short and only get a "Shoulda W but L."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe we beat the Bills if he doesn't cough up the ball the second our offense finally does something right?

The offense handed the defense the lead, the defense blew the lead again in the 4th quarter. But yeah, put the loss on Ross since you hate the guy, but must love watching our DB's get torched. Excuse the coaching issues that cost us a delay of game on a point after, then Bills switch, go for 2 and make it. Huge difference down 4 or down 3 as time winding down. But again, blame Ross???????????????????????????????

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The offense handed the defense the lead, the defense blew the lead again in the 4th quarter. But yeah, put the loss on Ross since you hate the guy, but must love watching our DB's get torched. Excuse the coaching issues that cost us a delay of game on a point after, then Bills switch, go for 2 and make it. Huge difference down 4 or down 3 as time winding down. But again, blame Ross???????????????????????????????

As long as Ross fumbled in that game he goes in the "reasons we lost" column.  Why shouldn't he?
Reply/Quote
Our defense cant be butter fingers tonight. They have some of the worst butter fingers in the league right now. Josh Allen knows all about it. Cant miss tackles or Conner will have a breakout game.
Reply/Quote
He is wearing special gloves tonight just to address this issue....    Ninja

[Image: img-fbeef760-aa24-4090-aa8f-5cfdc7d5a77c.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The offense handed the defense the lead, the defense blew the lead again in the 4th quarter. But yeah, put the loss on Ross since you hate the guy, but must love watching our DB's get torched. Excuse the coaching issues that cost us a delay of game on a point after, then Bills switch, go for 2 and make it. Huge difference down 4 or down 3 as time winding down. But again, blame Ross???????????????????????????????

This is what we, in the industry, call a red herring fallacy.

It's also an egregious exploitation of the question mark to buttress an argument, which is also known as the "HUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" fallacy.

None of the things you described exonerate Ross's contributions to another glorious Bengal loss in any material or anecdotal way. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah my bad, I must have misplaced my job aide outlining which things that actually happened I'm allowed to ignore and which ones I'm supposed to blame when we come up short and only get a "Shoulda W but L."

Andy was in position to put the ball in the end zone 
Ross's drops didn't cost us the game
But Andys erroneous throw to Tate did 
Reply/Quote