Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross active but healthy Boyd is not
Will Ross get snaps? Will they target him today?

It has been disappointing, but I hope everyone agrees you should never call an injured rookie as bust after 8 games.

Let's hope he starts showing today or very soon why he was a top 10 pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Will Ross get snaps? Will they target him today?

It has been disappointing, but I hope everyone agrees you should never call an injured rookie as bust after 8 games.

Let's hope he starts showing today or very soon why he was a top 10 pick.

Ross is not a bust at this point, but he's got be near the bottom in rating the 2017 1st round draft picks.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:13 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Ross is not a bust at this point, but he's got be near the bottom in rating the 2017 1st round draft picks.

Yes no doubt only guys like Conley that have not seen the field at all should be rated worse or any 1st round pick that did not see the field and was healthy would be even worse too
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Wtf is going on with Boyd? Starting to think he's on his way out... Trade in the offseason?
Reply/Quote
If Ross get's separation, Andy will see it and EVENTUALLY go to him.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes no doubt only guys like Conley that have not seen the field at all should be rated worse or any 1st round pick that did not see the field and was healthy would be even worse too

Ross has been a healthy scratch as well. And his one-touch-one-fumble in 8 games doesn't help him in the ratings.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:20 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Ross has been a healthy scratch as well. And his one-touch-one-fumble in 8 games doesn't help him in the ratings.

I blame that on his use. Let him settle in at what he excels at before you start using him in double reverses and other crap destined to fail behind a horrible OL.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:19 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Wtf is going on with Boyd? Starting to think he's on his way out... Trade in the offseason?

Who knows. This org. is so hellbent on pretending they're in a 007 movie that they don't ever let the fanbase know what is going on.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I blame that on his use. Let him settle in at what he excels at before you start using him in double reverses and other crap destined to fail behind a horrible OL.

True, true. But I couldn't resist.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:25 PM)treee Wrote: Who knows. This org. is so hellbent on pretending they're in a 007 movie that they don't ever let the fanbase know what is going on.

So true. This Ross drama, now this with Boyd. The RB rotation, stubbornly sticking with the current Oline... It almost seems like he's trying to fail. Maybe he's quit. It would make more sense than half the stuff he's been doing this season. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I blame that on his use. Let him settle in at what he excels at before you start using him in double reverses and other crap destined to fail behind a horrible OL.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cincy rip off Andy Reid and use that triple option run play KC runs alot. Smith can give it to Hill on the Jet sweep, turn around and hand it off, or keep it himself. (Not to mention the WR screen to Hill if he doesn't flip it to him on the Jet sweep.) That play forces the both edge defenders to stay home.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:19 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Wtf is going on with Boyd? Starting to think he's on his way out... Trade in the offseason?

Two limited practices, then full practice on Friday after coming off a MCL injury (that I thought for sure was a blown ACL live).  I'm not surprised that he is not in the lineup.  Caution with a knee is better than re-aggravating things.

We are also assuming it responded well yesterday after his first full practice.  If there was any swelling or discomfort yesterday, I wouldn't even he would be available next week.
Reply/Quote
Boyde and Ross were caught pissing in Marvins cherrios.. C'mon..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We could hve drafted Alvin Kamara instead
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:44 PM)Igor Wrote: We could hve drafted Alvin Kamara instead

Why so Marvin could not play him instead?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why so Marvin could not play him instead?

Lol
Reply/Quote
So Ross still is looking for his first NFL catch and Boyd has regressed big time.

I blame the coaches for this situation.

They just don't know how to use their own players. Ross had an extensive route tree in college and should be used on
Slants, comeback routes, curls and deep post routes. Boyd is a very versatile player that can even play QB, i would be
using Boyd on jet sweeps more so than Ross honestly.

Lafell had a couple big plays yesterday finally but he still gets no seperation. The TD was blown coverage.

Malone also has been somewhat disappointing in my eyes. Urban has done a poor job with his Receivers this year.
Reply/Quote
Ross had a play designed for him in the first half against Tennessee on 3rd down.

It was a deep ball (that Andy actually threw very well and kept in bounds) however Ross gave up on the play after being barely blocked.

He never played another snap after that and is back in the dog house from what I see. Unfortunately he looks pretty "soft" from the limited time/snaps he's had. Im sure the book on him right now is to be physical at the line and not let him get a running start.

Above all that I thought he was going to be used more in the slot and not as a wide out? I guess this is what we can expect under Marvin watch, four our 1st Rounder to ride the pine....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:31 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: So true. This Ross drama, now this with Boyd. The RB rotation, stubbornly sticking with the current Oline... It almost seems like (he's) they're trying to fail. Maybe he's quit. It would make more sense than half the stuff he's been doing this season. 

I'm still convinced this team IS trying to fail and the entire league has set it up so that certain teams will succeed no matter how poorly they play and certain teams will fail no matter how much talent they have or if they have the best coaching staffs. It circles around gambling and payoffs.. We'll get the occasional win and get the occasional big play, but the bottom line is that the league makes the lions share of its money from just a handful of teams. 
I don't think we'll ever see a season when the only teams in the playoffs are teams with smaller fan bases and who have been in the loss column for more than 10 years. They're in the loss columns for 1 reason and it has little to nothing to do with the level of talent and coaching and everything to do with revenue. It's a privately owned and operated entertainment business so the only thing we as fans can do to change it is to simply quit buying the product they have to sell. As long as we keep buying their bullshit they'll keep feeding bulls laxatives. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 04:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm still convinced this team IS trying to fail and the entire league has set it up so that certain teams will succeed no matter how poorly they play and certain teams will fail no matter how much talent they have or if they have the best coaching staffs. It circles around gambling and payoffs.. We'll get the occasional win and get the occasional big play, but the bottom line is that the league makes the lions share of its money from just a handful of teams. 
I don't think we'll ever see a season when the only teams in the playoffs are teams with smaller fan bases and who have been in the loss column for more than 10 years. They're in the loss columns for 1 reason and it has little to nothing to do with the level of talent and coaching and everything to do with revenue. It's a privately owned and operated entertainment business so the only thing we as fans can do to change it is to simply quit buying the product they have to sell. As long as we keep buying their bullshit they'll keep feeding bulls laxatives. 

Things sure are shaping up to be an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl, aren't they?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote