Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross and Lawson Signed
Great to see us get 2 of our guys signed within 10 days of the draft. Is it me, or this extremely early for the Bengals getting #1 signed so quickly?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 04:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Great to see us get 2 of our guys signed within 10 days of the draft. Is it me, or this extremely early for the Bengals getting #1 signed so quickly?

They're hungry to get started.  I love it.  Lawson might be my new favorite Bengal.  Big Willie can't say enough good things about him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 04:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Great to see us get 2 of our guys signed within 10 days of the draft. Is it me, or this extremely early for the Bengals getting #1 signed so quickly?

Rookie wage scale has it pretty much set, and even more-so with Ross's injury history because I don't think he had a lot of bargaining power.

He also just might be a good guy that wanted to get it done so we can get in and start working with his teammates.

I'm PUMPED that we have two guys signed because it means that we're going to get into some football soon!
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 04:53 PM)McC Wrote: They're hungry to get started.  I love it.  Lawson might be my new favorite Bengal.  Big Willie can't say enough good things about him.

Agreed. Lawson was easily may favorite draft pick 
Reply/Quote
Ross is angling to be the fastest Bengal ever, including signing. That has to be a record.
Reply/Quote
now lets get mixon signed
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
With the rookie contracts basically outlined by the CBA, signing rookies is super easy now haha.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 10:48 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: With the rookie contracts basically outlined by the CBA, signing rookies is super easy now haha.

It is...but sometimes you get guys like Bosa that holdout.

I'd want to sign quick as a rookie so that if I got injured I'd still get paid.
Reply/Quote
This was lightning fast, even for the wage scale.

For example, WJIII signed on June 10th. Ogbuehi on June 11th.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Ridiculously fast. Good news. He seems eager to get started.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 02:05 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Ridiculously fast.

Jimmy johns fast!

I watched highlights of both again this weekend. Starting to get excited.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 12:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This was lightning fast, even for the wage scale.

Fast for us.

Compared to the rest of the league it's relatively average.

Carolina has their entire class signed already.
Reply/Quote
It's not like it used to be. Signing is a formality. Unless the player has some stupid issue like wanting to surf, it's basically a done deal the day they are drafted.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 08:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not like it used to be. Signing is a formality. Unless the player has some stupid issue like wanting to surf, it's basically a done deal the day they are drafted.

For Top 10 picks, there is usually a struggle over offset language, however.  Carolina getting McCafferty under contract quickly did set the benchmark for Ross, though.
Reply/Quote

Got him signed now can prevent him from racing
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 12:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This was lightning fast, even for the wage scale.

I knew the rookie wage scale changed things, but thanks for clarifying my original assumption these signings were much faster for us.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Pretty simple really.. They want to play football and get paid to do it?  Sign on the dotted line.. Want to go flip burgers with your degree in intergalactic basket weaving?  Don't.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 11:22 AM)grampahol Wrote: Pretty simple really.. They want to play football and get paid to do it?  Sign on the dotted line.. Want to go flip burgers with your degree in intergalactic basket weaving?  Don't.. 

Kind of. There are things in contracts to be worked out like structure and offset language. If they don't sign they sit out a year and re enter the draft, they don't go flip burgers haha.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 07:58 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Fast for us.

Compared to the rest of the league it's relatively average.

Carolina has their entire class signed already.

I figured Ross was signed since Carolina got McCaffrey quickly. However, I'm guessing the reason the other ones haven't signed so quick is their agents are occupied with other deals.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I am a bit worried that they agreed to pay him his full base if he remains on NFI for the year. I hope that was jsut a negotiating tactic to make Ross feel good like he isn't rushed to return.
Reply/Quote