Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ross and Lawson Signed - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Ross and Lawson Signed (/Thread-Ross-and-Lawson-Signed)

Ross and Lawson Signed - Luvnit2 - 05-07-2017

Great to see us get 2 of our guys signed within 10 days of the draft. Is it me, or this extremely early for the Bengals getting #1 signed so quickly?

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - McC - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 04:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Great to see us get 2 of our guys signed within 10 days of the draft. Is it me, or this extremely early for the Bengals getting #1 signed so quickly?

They're hungry to get started.  I love it.  Lawson might be my new favorite Bengal.  Big Willie can't say enough good things about him.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - BFritz21 - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 04:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Great to see us get 2 of our guys signed within 10 days of the draft. Is it me, or this extremely early for the Bengals getting #1 signed so quickly?

Rookie wage scale has it pretty much set, and even more-so with Ross's injury history because I don't think he had a lot of bargaining power.

He also just might be a good guy that wanted to get it done so we can get in and start working with his teammates.

I'm PUMPED that we have two guys signed because it means that we're going to get into some football soon!

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - Pat5775 - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 04:53 PM)McC Wrote: They're hungry to get started.  I love it.  Lawson might be my new favorite Bengal.  Big Willie can't say enough good things about him.

Agreed. Lawson was easily may favorite draft pick 

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - PDub80 - 05-07-2017

Ross is angling to be the fastest Bengal ever, including signing. That has to be a record.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - magikod - 05-07-2017

now lets get mixon signed

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - CJD - 05-07-2017

With the rookie contracts basically outlined by the CBA, signing rookies is super easy now haha.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - THE PISTONS - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 10:48 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: With the rookie contracts basically outlined by the CBA, signing rookies is super easy now haha.

It is...but sometimes you get guys like Bosa that holdout.

I'd want to sign quick as a rookie so that if I got injured I'd still get paid.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - Shake n Blake - 05-08-2017

This was lightning fast, even for the wage scale.

For example, WJIII signed on June 10th. Ogbuehi on June 11th.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - The Caped Crusader - 05-08-2017

Ridiculously fast. Good news. He seems eager to get started.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - HarleyDog - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 02:05 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Ridiculously fast.

Jimmy johns fast!

I watched highlights of both again this weekend. Starting to get excited.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - CJD - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 12:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This was lightning fast, even for the wage scale.

Fast for us.

Compared to the rest of the league it's relatively average.

Carolina has their entire class signed already.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - Sled21 - 05-08-2017

It's not like it used to be. Signing is a formality. Unless the player has some stupid issue like wanting to surf, it's basically a done deal the day they are drafted.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - Whatever - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 08:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not like it used to be. Signing is a formality. Unless the player has some stupid issue like wanting to surf, it's basically a done deal the day they are drafted.

For Top 10 picks, there is usually a struggle over offset language, however.  Carolina getting McCafferty under contract quickly did set the benchmark for Ross, though.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - XenoMorph - 05-08-2017

Got him signed now can prevent him from racing

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - Luvnit2 - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 12:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This was lightning fast, even for the wage scale.

I knew the rookie wage scale changed things, but thanks for clarifying my original assumption these signings were much faster for us.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - grampahol - 05-08-2017

Pretty simple really.. They want to play football and get paid to do it?  Sign on the dotted line.. Want to go flip burgers with your degree in intergalactic basket weaving?  Don't.. 

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - Au165 - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 11:22 AM)grampahol Wrote: Pretty simple really.. They want to play football and get paid to do it?  Sign on the dotted line.. Want to go flip burgers with your degree in intergalactic basket weaving?  Don't.. 

Kind of. There are things in contracts to be worked out like structure and offset language. If they don't sign they sit out a year and re enter the draft, they don't go flip burgers haha.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - Bengal Dude - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 07:58 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Fast for us.

Compared to the rest of the league it's relatively average.

Carolina has their entire class signed already.

I figured Ross was signed since Carolina got McCaffrey quickly. However, I'm guessing the reason the other ones haven't signed so quick is their agents are occupied with other deals.

RE: Ross and Lawson Signed - Au165 - 05-08-2017

I am a bit worried that they agreed to pay him his full base if he remains on NFI for the year. I hope that was jsut a negotiating tactic to make Ross feel good like he isn't rushed to return.