Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross expected to debut afterall....
Looks like Ross is set to make his debut on the big stage.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12173/john-ross
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Good. Happy he is back.
Reply/Quote
Good, we need some positive news desperately.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 11:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: Looks like Ross is set to make his debut on the big stage.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12173/john-ross

[Image: tenor.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Maybe he will be the target of quick screens instead of Brandon LaFell.
Reply/Quote
Like a broken record....

How are we going to get him the ball deep when the OL doesnt give the QB enough time?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Like a broken record....

How are we going to get him the ball deep when the OL doesnt give the QB enough time?

Yep. If he's gonna do anything, it's gonna have to be on YAC. They seriously need to get creative in getting him touches. Direct snaps; whatever it takes. KC does it with Tyreek Hill. The Bengals need to do it too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Like a broken record....

Do people STILL not realize Ross is not JUST a deep threat? Dude wa a multi-faceted receiver in college. He has the potential to be one in the NFL as well.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do people STILL not realize Ross is not JUST a deep threat? Dude wa a multi-faceted receiver in college. He has the potential to be one in the NFL as well.

Yes. But if we manufacturer a bunch of touches where he is getting smacked by LBs and DLs he may not last long.

Let him use his quickness to get open in space. Getting him the ball behind the LoS so 11 defenders can come down hill to rag doll him is not going to do him any favors.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

That go route week 3 of the preseason where some guy named Bashaud Breeland easily covered him is still fresh in my mind.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Great news! Now need to figure out how he can avoid getting tackled, should be good to go.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do people STILL not realize Ross is not JUST a deep threat? Dude wa a multi-faceted receiver in college. He has the potential to be one in the NFL as well.

Due to the fact that he barely played in the preseason...they don't.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That go route week 3 of the preseason where some guy named Bashaud Breeland easily covered him is still fresh in my mind.

I don't remember that, but how far off was Breeland playing from LOS initially? If he was pretty far off, I can see him staying with Ross before Ross could get past him simply because he essentially would have such a head start. Breeland isn't very fast, he ran just a 4.63 40 which is pretty slow for a CB nowadays. I'd guess he was playing very far off the LOS to have any chance to stay with Ross.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Due to the fact that he barely played in the preseason...they don't.

It's sad that a good majority of fans don't bother doing any research on any prospects other than watching/hearing about Combine performance and seeing the players in NFL preseason/regular season.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Over/under 3 touches before he leaves with an injury?
Reply/Quote
I like the nickname The Flash for him. Hope he's 100% and can prove it.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:18 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Over/under 3 touches before he leaves with an injury?

How about under 3 touches and not because of an injury? 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't remember that, but how far off was Breeland playing from LOS initially? If he was pretty far off, I can see him staying with Ross before Ross could get past him simply because he essentially would have such a head start. Breeland isn't very fast, he ran just a 4.63 40 which is pretty slow for a CB nowadays. I'd guess he was playing very far off the LOS to have any chance to stay with Ross.

Don't know how far off he started, but he was step-for-step with him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Apparently those people never bothered to look up how many receptions he had his senior year...81. You don't get 81 receptions in 14 games being just a deep threat.
Also, if he was "just" a deep threat, he'd have higher than 14.2 YPC. He runs screens, short, and intermediate routes very well too.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I got blistered for saying Ross is going to have to be all YAC with our O-line. Dalton is not a very good deep ball threat in typical years. Chad Johnson used to slide or run out of bounds, protect yourself if they can't catch you.

I hate Marvin Lewis saying "Run on your own gas!" he should have said "Everybody needs to carry the team". Imagine if every player came in thinking they're the ones that have to carry the team. John Ross has to carry our damn team.
Reply/Quote