Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross expected to debut afterall....
(09-14-2017, 12:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Like a broken record....

How are we going to get him the ball deep when the OL doesnt give the QB enough time?

I've heard — and this is just a rumor — that by Andy's third step back, Ross can make it from the 20 yl to the concession stand, get a Diet Coke, drop it off to one of the upper seats, and still make it to the red zone before the ball gets there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:59 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I got blistered for saying Ross is going to have to be all YAC with our O-line. Dalton is not a very good deep ball threat in typical years. Chad Johnson used to slide or run out of bounds, protect yourself if they can't catch you.

I hate Marvin Lewis saying "Run on your own gas!" he should have said "Everybody needs to carry the team". Imagine if every player came in thinking they're the ones that have to carry the team. John Ross has to carry our damn team.

Those deep ball throws to Core last weekend were pretty bad.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He well overthrew Ross in pre-season too. He seems to have a problem underthrowing AJ. Arm chair QBing but I think Dalton just can't throw the long ball consistently.

We did move the ball well when we went into hurry up, something Dalton is not bad at, it can't hurt to try this again since last game was horrific on most levels. Although hurry up resulted (I think) in that endzone TD that was double covered and really 0% chance of being caught covered like that.

Marvin tried to make excuses in the pres conference, he did the same thing with Nugent when it was Nugent's time to go. He said we can't turn the ball over, but then he gave minimal blame to Andy for his picks at the same time.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good news !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 02:01 PM)Benton Wrote: I've heard — and this is just a rumor — that by Andy's third step back, Ross can make it from the 20 yl to the concession stand, get a Diet Coke, drop it off to one of the upper seats, and still make it to the red zone before the ball gets there.

The reason is, the ball will get there, but it will be in the concession stands.

4th and 5: Throw the ball away!!! - Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Apparently those people never bothered to look up how many receptions he had his senior year...81. You don't get 81 receptions in 14 games being just a deep threat.
Also, if he was "just" a deep threat, he'd have higher than 14.2 YPC. He runs screens, short, and intermediate routes very well too.

Mohamed Sanu had a 115 catch season in college.
Dezmon Briscoe had a 92 catch season in college.
Cobi Hamilton had a 90 catch season in college.
Marvin Jones had a 62 catch season in college.
Jerome Simpson had a 61 catch season in college.
AJ Green had a 57 catch season in college.
Chris Henry had a 52 catch season in college.

Sam Bradford had a 4,720 yard, 50 TD/8 INT season in college.
Tom Brady had a 2,427 yard, 14 TD/10 INT season in college.

It's almost like college production doesn't really properly translate to NFL results. That's probably why nobody bothered to look up how many receptions his senior year.

(09-14-2017, 02:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The reason is, the ball will get there, but it will be in the concession stands.

4th and 5: Throw the ball away!!! - Andy Dalton.

Probably following his mastermind HC's lead. Ravens 43, down three possessions, 10 minutes left? Punt!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the Andy, Marvin, AJ Green era is over this year. Maybe they me their potential together, we went to 5 straight playoffs, better than the Browns........................
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 02:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mohamed Sanu had a 115 catch season in college.

It's almost like college production doesn't really properly translate to NFL results. That's probably why nobody bothered to look up how many receptions his senior year.

Or most people are stupid and I hate them.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Like a broken record....

How are we going to get him the ball deep when the OL doesnt give the QB enough time?

Get him the short ball and let him take it deep
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 02:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mohamed Sanu had a 115 catch season in college.

Probably following his mastermind HC's lead. Ravens 43, down three possessions, 10 minutes left? Punt!

We have a WINNER!  College football isn't the same as the NFL. If it were Mr. J. Football would be the league MVP instead of hanging out with his lawyer by the local jail every weekend. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I expect at least 2 end arounds and that is about it.

Reply/Quote
Bardford is turning it around this year (well, at least after 1 game).
Yeah J. Football and T. Tebow would be running the NFL if it were the same.

I can't get into non professional sports, you have a team with some NFL caliber players on it vs. the weakest link in the chain (someone like me, 5'10 180lbs running the mile in 9 minutes) trying to cover someone.
Reply/Quote
Atleast here is another positive, should help Ross just being on the field.

Still, i don't expect a win against the Texans after that pathetic showing.

Everyone was bad but AJ Green and Gio on Offense.

Maybe Dalton will have a better game but he will be going against a better front than last week. JJ Watt and Clowney against these Tackles?

A rookie QB that actually is very good, Watson always plays great in the big games and this is primetime.

Hard to see us winning this one. Fire Marv, Zamp and PA after the game. Never happen but it is what i would do.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 02:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or most people are stupid and I hate them.

Eh, flip a coin. Either/or.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 02:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eh, flip a coin. Either/or.

Neither/NOR!!! :angry:

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 02:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eh, flip a coin. Either/or.

Le'Veon Bell caught over 30 passes twice in college, he's shown to be a good receive in the NFL.

Jordy Nelson caught 122 passes his senior year of college, and he's shown to be a stud in the NFL.
Antonio Brown caught 90+ passes each year in college, and he's shown to be a stud in the NFL.

So for every player you show that doesn't sync between their NFL and college production, I can counter with someone who does.

My point is that college production (or lack thereof) does give some indication for how players could/should perform in the NFL. Sure, there are scenarios like you laid out where players don't follow their college trends, but college production can be indicative of the type of player someone will be.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 11:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: Looks like Ross is set to make his debut on the big stage.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12173/john-ross

Super excited!!! Hope Ross & Mixon get a lot of touches

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote

The point wasn't about his production but on HOW he produced. Ross produced not just through deep ball receptions. Yet, some people on here see him as only a deep threat. He could potentially be more than that.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:34 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yes. But if we manufacturer a bunch of touches where he is getting smacked by LBs and DLs he may not last long.

(09-14-2017, 12:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That go route week 3 of the preseason where some guy named Bashaud Breeland easily covered him is still fresh in my mind.

(09-14-2017, 01:18 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Over/under 3 touches before he leaves with an injury?

(09-14-2017, 02:01 PM)Benton Wrote: I've heard — and this is just a rumor — that by Andy's third step back, Ross can make it from the 20 yl to the concession stand, get a Diet Coke, drop it off to one of the upper seats, and still make it to the red zone before the ball gets there.

Kid missed exactly 1 game in his NFL career, hasn't played a snap yet, and minds are already made up.

[Image: 341f1d74b1bb8e78e00a83816b8bd76f62315663...049f17.jpg]

(09-14-2017, 02:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Arm chair QBing but I think Dalton just can't throw the long ball consistently.

Name the QB who can, and I'll post his stats to enlighten you.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 03:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Name the QB who can, and I'll post his stats to enlighten you.

Jeff Driskel

Ninja
Reply/Quote