Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 & 2, just beat Chiefs, play G-Bay later without Rodgers - Division likley for Pitt
(10-16-2017, 01:38 PM)depthchart Wrote: It says Andre had 88 Pancake blocks his Senior year at Alabama.

If Mitchell gets himself inside the Bengals pocket and close to Dalton then Andre would be nearby and have a chance to strike.

Hopefully Andre gets Mitchell Pancaked after having a Big Breakfast on game day to add some extra weight to it.

Plus some hang time in the air before belly to belly contact, with the ground at Mitchell's back. Tongue

I would much rather see Andre give him one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAGGS4pHFFI
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 07:04 PM)kevin Wrote: No, I've read the garbage on this site and you don't have to carefully look at every thread.  It's pretty easy to see the endless threads of slim chances, weak Bengals, Burfict and Bengals treated unfair by Refs.  Steelers a better team and yet Refs give them all the breaks.  The world is against us. Climb in the toilet, flush and say good-bye cruel world, I'm off to join the circus.   So we have thread after thread of built in crutches for losing to Steelers this Sunday  ...Of course Bengals could win Sunday and go to 2-1 in the AFC North and tied losses with Steelers at 3. Yes Steelers would have one more win due to bye week, but Bengals would have key division win over Steelers.  Instead of high hopes for victory though, many on this site are already covering their rear ends with excuses in case Bengals lose.  We never have a fair chance and the NFL is mean to our poor Bengy's.  Of course our Defense could shut down Steelers and our Offense is improving and scores enough to win Sunday.   Of course this would mean all the gloom and doom threads would be wrong, what a horrible nightmare that would be.  I guess much better for these fans if Bengals just lose so they can be right.

I see what you are saying.

To me, the Steelers have just been better than the Bengals at making deep Playoff runs during the Big Ben era, coupled with some fortunate breaks like the Carson Palmer & Chris Henry injuries at the perfect moment for the Steelers. Jeremy Hill fumble then Burfict hit and Pac Man melt down at the perfect moment for the Steelers. Makes a Bengals fan feel cursed.

Overall, during Big Ben's era, the Steelers have been a much better team deeper in the Playoffs with 2 Big Ben Super bowls.

Our Defense gives us a shot this Sunday and our Offense should be able to put some points on the Board.

Big swing in where we stand if we Win Sunday.

Bengals 3 and 3 with a Win, with Steelers 4 and 3.

Or Bengals 2 and 4 with a Loss, with Steelers 5 and 2.

I think people have grown much to accustomed to something going wrong for the Bengals as we watch the Ball bounce the Steelers way.
Case in point for me was watching Aaron Rodgers go down knowing that the Steelers have to play Green Bay later this season.
Makes it seem like the Stars are aligned for the Steelers and people vent in ways you described about Refs, Burfict etc.

At the end of the day, the Bengals have to Earn it. Take it away from the Steelers. Change their Mojo by beating them this week on their Home Field. Be better.

I am itching to see it happen. For us to take this Division over and end what has seemed to be the Universe aligned in their favor.

It hasn't been Refs or the Universe, however.

Instead the Steelers have been ready to pounce on opportunities that arise in their favor and overcome obstacles like the Chiefs last week when their backs are against the wall.

The Bengals have to start doing that. Respond when our backs are against the wall.

Earn it and take it. No excuses...
Reply/Quote
What simply amazes me is that anyone who watches football or any professional sports would think that the leagues would dream of leaving their billions of dollars in TV revenue up to chance that a small market team such as the Bengals would somehow and miraculously beat the big market teams in the playoffs and win the super bowl. 
You could quite literally double every nickel you ever had by betting that the league always has an ace up their sleeves. Betting on the small market teams to win it all is a fools errand.  
How long the league can keep this dog and pony show up is anyones guess, but they've been doing it now for quite some time. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thanks, PB, and the Bengals have one thing this year that I can't remember ever seeing against piggy:  a pass rush that can get home with the front four.  

This is the team that I was thinking about when always clamoring for an outside speed rusher and the synergy it would create with Geno and Dunlap.  Heck, even MJ is getting home now from a DT position due to some of the other pressures.  We don't have just one guy that is capable of making a game-changing play this week, but three in Lawson, Willis, and Smith that are new to the mix.  Their depth allows for a rotation to keep fresh guys coming off the edge and generating pressure.

For years, the Bengals would stubbornly rush just four guys, the steelers front would go max protection, piggy would pat the ball for what seemed like an eternity and then finally dump it off to a RB for an easy first down.  Watch, wince, repeat....for soooo many years.  

Not this year.  Vigil can cover their TEs.  The defense will have 7 in coverage.  And no longer will piggy be able to say to himself:  "this little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy got roast beef, and this little piggy cried weeeeeeeee....".  This time, this little piggy will be slaughtered and made in to bacon and I can't wait.  

You are killing me "SH" with the little Piggy lines.  LOL !

Ben will be facing a quicker, more athletic Bengals D-line this Sunday plus some Burfict and hopefully a few Blitzes.

It will likely get Nasty...
Reply/Quote
Gee, I wonder if Squats fans are brushing off their 'all the Bengals players play dirty' speeches in the event that we actually win this game.. 

Nahh..they never do that. Instead it'll be 'That Mitchell and Shazier sure do play good clean hard hitting football and it's unfortunate that the Bengals players that were injured for the season are such crybabies...'

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 12:02 PM)grampahol Wrote: Gee, I wonder if Squats fans are brushing off their 'all the Bengals players play dirty' speeches in the event that we actually win this game.. 

Nahh..they never do that. Instead it'll be 'That Mitchell and Shazier sure do play good clean hard hitting football and it's unfortunate that the Bengals players that were injured for the season are such crybabies...'

Not wishing an injury on a player (well, maybe...) but can you imagine how the world would literally explode if Burfict injures Piggy with a clean hit and knocks him out for the season?  I honestly would hire a body guard if I were him at that point.  

To see steeler nation implode because they see NE not being the same team and GB not being the same without Rogers to all of a sudden, lose Piggy?  

As much as I would like to see that (karma, bytches), I would rather see the Bengals beat them straight up against their best. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 10:55 AM)depthchart Wrote: I see what you are saying.

To me, the Steelers have just been better than the Bengals at making deep Playoff runs during the Big Ben era, coupled with some fortunate breaks like the Carson Palmer & Chris Henry injuries at the perfect moment for the Steelers. Jeremy Hill fumble then Burfict hit and Pac Man melt down at the perfect moment for the Steelers. Makes a Bengals fan feel cursed.

Overall, during Big Ben's era, the Steelers have been a much better team deeper in the Playoffs with 2 Big Ben Super bowls.

Our Defense gives us a shot this Sunday and our Offense should be able to put some points on the Board.

Big swing in where we stand if we Win Sunday.

Bengals 3 and 3 with a Win, with Steelers 4 and 3.

Or Bengals 2 and 4 with a Loss, with Steelers 5 and 2.

I think people have grown much to accustomed to something going wrong for the Bengals as we watch the Ball bounce the Steelers way.
Case in point for me was watching Aaron Rodgers go down knowing that the Steelers have to play Green Bay later this season.
Makes it seem like the Stars are aligned for the Steelers and people vent in ways you described about Refs, Burfict etc.

At the end of the day, the Bengals have to Earn it. Take it away from the Steelers. Change their Mojo by beating them this week on their Home Field. Be better.

I am itching to see it happen. For us to take this Division over and end what has seemed to be the Universe aligned in their favor.

It hasn't been Refs or the Universe, however.

Instead the Steelers have been ready to pounce on opportunities that arise in their favor and overcome obstacles like the Chiefs last week when their backs are against the wall.

The Bengals have to start doing that. Respond when our backs are against the wall.

Earn it and take it. No excuses...

Steelers have been better at making deep playoff runs than the Bengals?

The Bengals have won 5 playoff games in their entire history. 50 years.

The Steelers have been to 16 AFC championship games and won 36 playoff games.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 12:19 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not wishing an injury on a player (well, maybe...) but can you imagine how the world would literally explode if Burfict injures Piggy with a clean hit and knocks him out for the season?  I honestly would hire a body guard if I were him at that point.  

To see steeler nation implode because they see NE not being the same team and GB not being the same without Rogers to all of a sudden, lose Piggy?  

As much as I would like to see that (karma, bytches), I would rather see the Bengals beat them straight up against their best. 

Pretty much, Piggy getting hurt by a clean straight up hit is one thing, but we don't need any cheapshot. It would be nice to not hear by the media all the BS about about how dirty we "supposedly" are. We still need to be more physical than them tho, but clean.  I don't want anyone to try and takeout our QB in the 2nd game against them this year...
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 12:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Steelers have been better at making deep playoff runs than the Bengals?

The Bengals have won 5 playoff games in their entire history. 50 years.

The Steelers have been to 16 AFC championship games and won 36 playoff games.

We are talking about the Big Ben era here.

And yes, the Steelers have been better in Ben's era.

Injuries to Palmer/Henry and Dalton affected two Playoff games against Pittsburgh & eased the Steeler's paths those 2 seasons.

I would have liked to have seen what happened in those games had Palmer/Henry and Dalton been healthy those 2 games.

We will never know.

All we can do now is go forward to this Sunday and hope for a Change in our fortunes with a Win.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 12:41 PM)depthchart Wrote: We are talking about the Big Ben era here.

And yes, the Steelers have been better in Ben's era.

Injuries to Palmer/Henry and Dalton affected two Playoff games against Pittsburgh & eased the Steeler's paths those 2 seasons.

I would have liked to have seen what happened in those games had Palmer/Henry and Dalton been healthy those 2 games.

We will never know.

All we can do now is go forward to this Sunday and hope for a Change in our fortunes with a Win.

Well...I mean we have won a total of 0 playoff games since Ben has been in the league.

The Steelers have won 13 playoff games and 2 Super Bowls with Roethlisberger.

The Palmer injury...who knows if he stays healthy. Our defense was bad.

And the Dalton injury...we lead late in that game and fumbled and had 2 personal fouls.

We find a way to lose to the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
I must be far more cynical than the rest of everyone. I'm not 100% sold that Rogers was even injured much less has a broken collar bone or that NE's D has suddenly fallen apart for no apparent reason. KCs D rolled over to play dead.
It's leading up to Rottenboogers miraculous comeback against all adversity. 5 INTs  the previous game, talk of retirement, Bells hold out, Bryant wanting traded, and the diva Brown's crybaby rants.. By all accounts they were in complete disarray, but somehow miraculously walked all over KC AS IF they were a 0-5 team..
I'm not buying it.. Great story line except it's all bullshit to sell us on yet another QB hero in the twilight of his career getting to play superhero.. 

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 12:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...I mean we have won a total of 0 playoff games since Ben has been in the league.

The Steelers have won 13 playoff games and 2 Super Bowls with Roethlisberger.

The Palmer injury...who knows if he stays healthy. Our defense was bad.

And the Dalton injury...we lead late in that game and fumbled and had 2 personal fouls.

We find a way to lose to the Steelers.

If the Steeler's Organization and Big Ben keep us under their heel then they deserve the Division and we don't.

Start winning or go back to the drawing board yet again.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 01:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: I must be far more cynical than the rest of everyone. I'm not 100% sold that Rogers was even injured much less has a broken collar bone or that NE's D has suddenly fallen apart for no apparent reason. KCs D rolled over to play dead.
It's leading up to Rottenboogers miraculous comeback against all adversity. 5 INTs  the previous game, talk of retirement, Bells hold out, Bryant wanting traded, and the diva Brown's crybaby rants.. By all accounts they were in complete disarray, but somehow miraculously walked all over KC AS IF they were a 0-5 team..
I'm not buying it.. Great story line except it's all bullshit to sell us on yet another QB hero in the twilight of his career getting to play superhero.. 

So you don't see a Story line where the Red Headed Step Child Andy Dalton finds a slipper around Midnight of a Super Bowl that was delayed and throws the Game winning TD as the Clock strikes so that the Old, weary Owner that no one thought could win gets his Super Bowl right before the Grim Reaper touches his shoulder?   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 01:03 PM)depthchart Wrote: If the Steeler's Organization and Big Ben keep us under their heel then they deserve the Division and we don't.

Start winning or go back to the drawing board yet again.

There is no going back to the drawing board here. They're used largely the same strategy for 26+ years.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 01:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There is no going back to the drawing board here. They're used largely the same strategy for 26+ years.

The Drawing Board is where & when this Board heats up the most.

Draft time.  Offseason Plan.

They actually improved the D-Line this last Draft & the Defense appears to be Playoff ready.

The Organization always finds an area to neglect or misjudge. This year the O-line.

Plan 27 or so is in place, John Ross may play and we keep watching.
Reply/Quote
I mean, the Bengals played the Texans with a rookie QB getting his first start and they lost their starting corners, and the Bengals still lost.
Flacco had little to no practice time and was coming off a bad injury, and the Bengals still lost.
The Packers had 7 doubtful players and had numerous starters out (5 from what I counted). And the Bengals still lost.

So, can't really make excuses. The Bengals put themselves in this hole.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote