Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross finally breaks out!
(11-11-2018, 12:17 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Betcha he doesn’t finish the game.

Winner.

(11-11-2018, 12:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You know what...I'm benching Amari Cooper (no great loss, there) and picking up Ross.  He'll get at least a long garbage time TD to get us all weak in the knees, right?

Missed on the TD bit, got the long garbage time catch right, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Winner.

He finished the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He finished the game.

I believe he limped off after his catch actually. Looked like yet another groin issue. 

Kinda feel for the guy honestly. It's one thing to not produce, it's another to never get a chance because your body keeps failing you.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:40 PM)thillan Wrote: I believe he limped off after his catch actually. Looked like yet another groin issue. 

Kinda feel for the guy honestly. It's one thing to not produce, it's another to never get a chance because your body keeps failing you.

He did look a bit limpy, but he was out on the next play, AFAIS (may have seen incorrectly, though).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He closed his eyes in the endzone cause he was scared
Reply/Quote
Per Cincinnati.com:

"John Ross. The lack of effort on passes thrown his direction is noticeable and an ongoing problem. The interception by Marcus Williams was the prime example, but he also didn't try to go after a deep ball in the third quarter that was nearly picked. This has followed him, most notably when he gave up on a deep pass in the fourth quarter against Carolina."

Pretty much says it all. A bust.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Winner.

Missed on the TD bit, got the long garbage time catch right, though.

This game was garbage time the second it started 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:06 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Per Cincinnati.com:

"John Ross. The lack of effort on passes thrown his direction is noticeable and an ongoing problem. The interception by Marcus Williams was the prime example, but he also didn't try to go after a deep ball in the third quarter that was nearly picked. This has followed him, most notably when he gave up on a deep pass in the fourth quarter against Carolina."

Pretty much says it all. A bust.
Looking at his college tape he doesnt look like a receiver who jumps and fights for balls, he wants the ball to be put on him. Only driskel did that,andy couldnt. Andy needs them tall big receivers who jump and catch anything around them.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:06 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Looking at his college tape he doesnt look like a receiver who jumps and fights for balls, he wants the ball to be put on him. Only driskel did that,andy couldnt. Andy needs them tall big receivers who jump and catch anything around them.

In college, the Pac 12 had no defenders who could run with him, so he was always wide open and nothing was really contested. The NFL is completely different.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:06 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Looking at his college tape he doesnt look like a receiver who jumps and fights for balls, he wants the ball to be put on him. Only driskel did that,andy couldnt. Andy needs them tall big receivers who jump and catch anything around them.

I have to agree. That is why I think "Vice Grip" Tate could fit in the proper scheme.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: In college, the Pac 12 had no defenders who could run with him, so he was always wide open and nothing was really contested. The NFL is completely different.

Makes a lot of sense
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:10 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I have to agree. That is why I think "Vice Grip" Tate could fit in the proper scheme.

I cant believe they waited till late 4th to put him in then he actually dropped it. If felt to me he just dropped his career right there ,im surprised they didnt bench him. But ge got 0 more targets. But yeah hed probably be a better fit then ross. 
Reply/Quote
As bad as Ross is, he's still infinitely better than the practice squad-level players behind him. That's saying something.

Meanwhile, Brandon Marshall is available. He won't keep the defense from bleeding points though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I’d take a 4th round pick for this guy in a heartbeat, maybe even a fifth rounder.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 09:36 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’d take a 4th round pick for this guy in a heartbeat, maybe even a fifth rounder.

Yeah, let’s trade a kid who can actually score TD’s and draft another Malik Jefferson or Mark Walton!

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:10 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I have to agree. That is why I think "Vice Grip" Tate could fit in the proper scheme.

I like the sound of this Vicegrip Tate.  Can we cut Auden Tate and sign him?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He finished the game.

Unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
The day Ross scores a TD, we lose by 51 points, go figure.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:00 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The day Ross scores a TD, we lose by 51 points, go figure.

We lost by 37 points, but only 7 of our 14 points were even remotely important.
Reply/Quote
2 for 39 & a TD was a little underwhelming, but then again so was nearly everyone else,from the coaches down.
Reply/Quote