CB KeiVarae Russell (healthy)
S Shawn Williams (hamstring)
LB Vinny Rey (hamstring)
LB Nick Vigil (ankle)
OL Alex Redmond (healthy)
OL Christian Westerman (healthy)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Gotta love it. Season on the line, Monday Night Football against our rivals. And the number 9 overall pick is a healthy inactive.

whodey
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's going to likely be a healthy scratch unless someone gets injured. No sense being surprised.

Hey...I'm sure people would say that he hasn't practiced enough to play.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:05 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Gotta love it. Season on the line, Monday Night Football against our rivals. And the number 9 overall pick is a healthy inactive.

whodey

Pretty sure Owczarsky sad he thought Ross would be inactive till we were officially eliminated from contention.  I see the reasoning, but it either signals that Ross is, as far as they can see, incompetent, or that Marvin is irrationally committed to stifling our first round pick to spite...  I'm not sure who.
Reply/Quote
he may never take the field again for us....
thanks a lot....
a fast toy that is so bad he can't even get on the field....
SMH....
STOP DRAFTING THESE TOYS......
PICK A CENTER HIGH....
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's going to likely be a healthy scratch unless someone gets injured. No sense being surprised.

Hey...I'm sure people would say that he hasn't practiced enough to play.

Another year, another wasted 1st round draft pick. One of the available OT’s or G’s would sure look nice right now. Even Reuben Foster would be nice. Trotting our Ole-he, Boling, and Hopkins is sure to provide success tonight.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:22 PM)3wt Wrote: Pretty sure Owczarsky sad he thought Ross would be inactive till we were officially eliminated from contention.  I see the reasoning, but it either signals that Ross is, as far as they can see, incompetent, or that Marvin is irrationally committed to stifling our first round pick to spite...  I'm not sure who.

I think at this point it signals Ross doesn't look good in practice and there are pretty severe issues with him.

He could develop still...but I think the excuse that the injury put him behind is way out the window at this point.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:22 PM)3wt Wrote: Pretty sure Owczarsky sad he thought Ross would be inactive till we were officially eliminated from contention.  I see the reasoning, but it either signals that Ross is, as far as they can see, incompetent, or that Marvin is irrationally committed to stifling our first round pick to spite...  I'm not sure who.

He never showed incompetence in the past.  What he did show was being one helluva play maker.  Guess he forgot how to play.

If the guys playing in front of him were ripping it up, it'd be a lot easier to understand.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:05 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Gotta love it. Season on the line, Monday Night Football against our rivals. And the number 9 overall pick is a healthy inactive.

whodey

Can someone tell me why that means he should be active?

Due to injury he missed 90% or more of the off season and preseason activity.  He was unavailable for most of the entire first half of the season.  Why should he then be given an active roster spot over the guys who have been a part of all of it?

Either Malone or Core would get sat in favor of Ross.  Both of those guys have been through the offensive installations the entire season.  They've been in the special teams installations all season.  They've been getting reps in the plays and working on chemistry with the offense and special teams all season.  When the margin of difference in players is incredibly minute in the NFL, why in the hell should one of those guys take a seat and force changes to special teams just because one measureable is .25 seconds faster than the other two?  Because of his lack of activity and gelling with the offense, the season being on the line in Monday Night Football against our rivals is exactly why he SHOULDN'T be active.

My rant is done, carry on!

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think at this point it signals Ross doesn't look good in practice and there are pretty severe issues with him.

He could develop still...but I think the excuse that the injury put him behind is way out the window at this point.

This is how I am leaning. Maybe he's Jerome Simpson 2.0? Or something else is wrong.

(12-04-2017, 09:27 PM)McC Wrote: He never showed incompetence in the past.  What he did show was being one helluva play maker.  Guess he forgot how to play.

If the guys playing in front of him were ripping it up, it'd be a lot easier to understand.

It's almost like being a good college football player doesn't translate perfectly to being a good NFL player. No idea what the problem is, but at this point, I have to start believing that at least a good part of it is on Ross.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Or that nobody on this staff can think of a single creative way to get this guy involved. Tyreek Hill is far from a traditional WR, and yet the Chiefs' coaching staff finds ways to get him the ball... 185 yards yesterday. The team's handling of John Ross is the final nail in this inept coaching staff's coffin with me... Buncha bums stealing a paycheck.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Shocker!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This is how I am leaning. Maybe he's Jerome Simpson 2.0? Or something else is wrong.

It's almost like being a good college football player doesn't translate perfectly to being a good NFL player. No idea what the problem is, but at this point, I have to start believing that at least a good part of it is on Ross.

Hard to tell if he never plays. The Bengals staff also seems to force their strategy concepts on the talent versus molding their concepts to the talent at hand. Basically, the anti Belicheck method.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This is how I am leaning. Maybe he's Jerome Simpson 2.0? Or something else is wrong.

Of course not every college player succeeds.  I'm just saying incompetence was never part of his resume.  It is, however, a healthy part of Marvin's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
New GM available who has multiple super bowl wins.

Maybe get a new coach who isn't a moron.

And bring in someone who can evaluate talent beyond 40 times bench press reps and media rankings.
Reply/Quote
He should have been on the field the moment he was healthy and should never have come off it and by now, he'd be ripping up defenses all over the league. Further proof of the stupitude of Marvin.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Can someone tell me why that means he should be active?

Due to injury he missed 90% or more of the off season and preseason activity.  He was unavailable for most of the entire first half of the season.  Why should he then be given an active roster spot over the guys who have been a part of all of it?

Either Malone or Core would get sat in favor of Ross.  Both of those guys have been through the offensive installations the entire season.  They've been in the special teams installations all season.  They've been getting reps in the plays and working on chemistry with the offense and special teams all season.  When the margin of difference in players is incredibly minute in the NFL, why in the hell should one of those guys take a seat and force changes to special teams just because one measureable is .25 seconds faster than the other two?  Because of his lack of activity and gelling with the offense, the season being on the line in Monday Night Football against our rivals is exactly why he SHOULDN'T be active.

As Tyreek Hill showed this week, that .25 difference can be deadly when you scheme advantageously. Double teaming AJ means single coverage elsewhere. Getting Ross on safeties or nickel CB’s should, in theory, be highly attractive. Instead, the Bengals run the no separation bunch out there instead.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
I'd be more inclined to give Marv the benefit of the doubt if he didn't have a history of being hard on some rookies.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Can someone tell me why that means he should be active?

This is what, like week 13 now. The lack of preseason and whatnot was fine early on. By now though he should be out there if he actually is talented as a top 10 receiver, even if in the 4 or 5 spot. Also not to mention Steelers can be prone to the deep ball, especially with Mitchell out tonight. 

Hopefully he is as talented as a top 10 receiver should be tho, someday.

Reply/Quote

Typical Bengal stubborness. Keep plugging away with players and whoever regardless of the results, then make possible changes at end of season if their contracts are up. Im not sure either on why he isnt out there, but at this point it is spite from Marvin if Ross is really talented. Or it is because Ross just isnt all that against an NFL defense in practice. I man seriously, a top 10 draft pick at a skill spot on offense is still a healthy inactive. Crazy to not figure out how to get that supposed talent out there.

Reply/Quote