Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross steps up
That opening bomb and the move he made to get open against what is supposed to be one of the better secondaries in the game was awesome. The disco (Dis go that way and Dis go the other way and Dis go by your stupid-looking ass) move after the reception was hilarious.  Ross looks like he wouldn't get touched in a game of tag in a phone booth.

But that wasn't the best play.  I think it was in the first quarter, but Ross motioned in after Andy changed a call at the line.  He then sealed off the edge (I think it was a LB) with a great block that freed the RB for (roughly) an 11 yard gain.  THAT was something that Marv needed to see from him, and I loved it.  

Yes, he dropped an easy slant (damn, I would have loved to see what he did with the ball after because he already had dusted his DB), but his play is looking very, very good and opposing DBs will be playing off of him in fear of looking like the two Bills that got obliterated by him on the first play.

Keep it up, John.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of Ross yet, and I expect him to catch the ball. I'm giving him A LOT of credit however for the after the catch moves. He put some sweet moves on the defenders to score that TD. That was EXCELLENT!!!! Well done Ross!!! Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping
Reply/Quote
I saw that block as well. Good to see him willingly getting involved in the run game for his size.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This had to be a confidence booster for him. He's coming around, and I think he's only going to get better.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
My biggest issue is that Ross catches the pass with his body. Where as Auden Tate seems to catch with his hands. Ross is going to have his share of drops using his body. It is what it is.

I REALLY wanted him to catch that slant, just to see what he could do with that safety still in the middle of the field. I think he is going to come alive this season. Maybe we can toss in a few dozen WR screens for our right line.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:12 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: My biggest issue is that Ross catches the pass with his body. Where as Auden Tate seems to catch with his hands.  Ross is going to have his share of drops using his body.  It is what it is.

I REALLY wanted him to catch that slant, just to see what he could do with that safety still in the middle of the field.  I think he is going to come alive this season. Maybe we can toss in a few dozen WR screens for our right line.

If you bunch Eifert, AJ, and Boyd on one side, have Ross on the other side...and he catches a quick screen (something Dalton is VERY good at) the defender will be off him a bit because of his speed and will have to come down and tackle him one-on-one in space.  Good luck!  
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see them run more Orbit screen actions with Ross. There are a couple things this does, one being it has a built in zone read. The other thing is the side he orbits to you can throw the swing pass/screen to Ross with blockers ahead but once you show it that action sucks up the secondary to stop the swing pass and you can take AJ over top with a fake screen.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That opening bomb and the move he made to get open against what is supposed to be one of the better secondaries in the game was awesome. The disco (Dis go that way and Dis go the other way and Dis go by your stupid-looking ass) move after the reception was hilarious.  Ross looks like he wouldn't get touched in a game of tag in a phone booth.

But that wasn't the best play.  I think it was in the first quarter, but Ross motioned in after Andy changed a call at the line.  He then sealed off the edge (I think it was a LB) with a great block that freed the RB for (roughly) an 11 yard gain.  THAT was something that Marv needed to see from him, and I loved it.  

Yes, he dropped an easy slant (damn, I would have loved to see what he did with the ball after because he already had dusted his DB), but his play is looking very, very good and opposing DBs will be playing off of him in fear of looking like the two Bills that got obliterated by him on the first play.

Keep it up, John.

Just what opposing teams needed to see from him this Preseason. Now they will be a bit scurred...

The Colts better watch him. Like i said even before we drafted him. He will open up the Offense simply by being on
the field. Awesome that he is learning to block as i thought that was his one weakness besides being raw. His talent
is very rare as a whole. You cannot teach his open field ability.

Just happy he is starting to gain that confidence cause like people saw, he is a highlight reel when he gets his hands
on the ball. Electric.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just what opposing teams needed to see from him this Preseason. Now they will be a bit scurred...

The Colts better watch him. Like i said even before we drafted him. He will open up the Offense simply by being on
the field. Awesome that he is learning to block as i thought that was his one weakness besides being raw. His talent
is very rare as a whole. You cannot teach his open field ability.

Just happy he is starting to gain that confidence cause like people saw, he is a highlight reel when he gets his hands
on the ball. Electric.

Last night, AJ seemed to reap the benefit of having Ross out there with him.  If Ross keeps improving, we're going to have a weapon AJ's never had.  Nor Dalton for that matter.   :andy:
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 02:18 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Last night, AJ seemed to reap the benefit of having Ross out there with him.  If Ross keeps improving, we're going to have a weapon AJ's never had.  Nor Dalton for that matter.   :andy:

Yes, everybody shall benefit, especially Dalton and AJ. People like to talk about how good MLJ was but he was
injured a lot and had just one great game against the Jets. Ross is the type of player that scares the shit out of
Secondarys cause Corners and Safeties just cannot keep up with him and he is the quickest player on the field.

Ross can be like Tyreke Hill mixed with Antonio Brown and DeSean Jackson.

These are Receivers he reminds me of.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, everybody shall benefit, especially Dalton and AJ. People like to talk about how good MLJ was but he was
injured a lot and had just one great game against the Jets. Ross is the type of player that scares the shit out of
Secondarys cause Corners and Safeties just cannot keep up with him and he is the quickest player on the field.

[Image: mejog6.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
(05-24-2018, 08:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Cowboys finished 2nd in rush yards, 3rd in YPC and gave up 32 sacks last year.

To put this in perspective, the only time the Bengals were that good in each of those categories was 1988.

The Cowboys fired this guy lol.

Yes, everybody shall benefit, especially Dalton and AJ. People like to talk about how good MLJ was but he was

I think Marvin Jones past two seasons proves he is more than just one good game against the Jets... Anyways while I hope your right on the Hill and Brown comparisons I think Ross is more like Tedd Ginn then the others you compared him to. While you might think that's bad Ginn is actually a good player and has been for the longest time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He absolutely needs to clea. Up the drops if he does that then the sky’s the limit
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Ross' speed is extremely scary. He will definately stop the doubles on AJ!! I hope Dalton times him up better as Ross is capable of running past Daltons range and quickly!!!
The passing will be great to watch. GET THE RUN GAME GOING!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 03:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think Marvin Jones past two seasons proves he is more than just one good game against the Jets... Anyways while I hope your right on the Hill and Brown comparisons I think Ross is more like Tedd Ginn then the others you compared him to. While you might think that's bad Ginn is actually a good player and has been for the longest time.

Thats true about MLJ, i was just talking about his time here. I think Ross can be a better #2 for us though.

Ginn isn't a bad comparison either.
Reply/Quote
"euhhhh   i like to dance a little side step. Now you see me. Now you don't. I'm here and gone."

Speed Kills...........welcome to the passing lane.

Courtesy of John Ross
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 11:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'd like to see them run more Orbit screen actions with Ross. There are a couple things this does, one being it has a built in zone read. The other thing is the side he orbits to you can throw the swing pass/screen to Ross with blockers ahead but once you show it that action sucks up the secondary to stop the swing pass and you can take AJ over top with a fake screen.

Yes!  The forgotten man here is that AJ Green might finally have someone to draw attention away from him.  And Eifert, too!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 04:10 PM)RASCAL Wrote: Ross' speed is extremely scary. He will definately stop the doubles on AJ!! I hope Dalton times him up better as Ross is capable of running past Daltons range and quickly!!!
The passing will be great to watch. GET THE RUN GAME GOING!!!

Teams will still double AJ. They will make Ross beat them.

Reply/Quote
Speed kills

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
i would like to see a jet sweep faked to Ross one way then Andy throws nice seam route to the
other side to whoever
Reply/Quote