Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross steps up
(08-28-2018, 03:23 PM)RASCAL Wrote: Dog I didn't want to come out and say that so I'm glad you did! If Dalton hits him in stride there would have been no need for Ross to have to juke out the defenders! Thank You for speaking my mind friend!

That’s the Dog report! LOL

However, I’m colorblind, the TV shakes when I get excited and I run to the yard a lot to see what those friggen squirrels are up to (I think they’re plotting to mess with my house). But my collar says “Who Dey.”

And I drinks Beers! Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It will take time, but hopefully Ross cleans up the drops. On that play, he displayed why I wanted him so badly in the draft. He doesn't just have insane straight line speed like a Mike Wallace. He has tremendous acceleration and lateral agility to go with it. It's going to take some adjustment from Dalton to get the timing down. A lot of deep threat WR's like the aforementioned Wallace rely on a 2nd gear and separate while the ball is in the air. Ross beats guys early in the route with his footwork and acceleration and then there's no catching him unless he has to wait on the ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 08:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That’s the Dog report! LOL

However, I’m colorblind, the TV shakes when I get excited and I run to the yard a lot to see what those friggen squirrels are up to (I think they’re plotting to mess with my house). But my collar says “Who Dey.”

And I drinks Beers! Cool

I hung my TV from the ceiling for that very shaken thing. By the way, are those squirrels waving piss yellow rags???

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 01:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Imagine if Dalton would have hit Ross in stride on that long TD. Woo boy!

I'm really hoping we see the passing game elevate this season with a fully healthy combo of Green, Eifert, Boyd, Ross, and Mixon/Bernard.

The weapons are there and the line is vastly improved at LT and C.  That, plus Lazor as full time OC equals a hell of a step up on the offensive side of the ball.  
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 05:23 PM)3wt Wrote: If he makes the slant I'm all in on the guy. 

If we realize that he has gone almost two years without any game action, the fact that he has looked to have had some rust to knock off makes complete sense.  I am glad he has stayed healthy and has gotten a few targets in the preseason.  We can't afford to have him popping balls in the air for easy INTs.  He has to make those routine grabs and once he gets his confidence back and more and more reps, I think he will.  
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 06:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He has to make those routine grabs and once he gets his confidence back and more and more reps, I think he will.  

Pretty confident he can fix this. Has to get better at catching with his hands.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 07:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 2nd year Bengals WR with 0 career receptions being compared to a perennial All-Pro WR/probably future HoFer? Check.

We are officially in prime offseason/preseason Bengals WR hype form, Nate. Going full Armon Binns = Megatron up in here.

Ninja

Glad you did the ninja or you would of made me mad. Smirk

You know what i mean, Ross's game reminds me of Antonio Brown, he is just faster than AB and quicker.

Really raw though. Took awhile for AB to become what he has become as well.

Didn't do much his first 3 years in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 04:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Glad you did the ninja or you would of made me mad. Smirk

You know what i mean, Ross's game reminds me of Antonio Brown, he is just faster than AB and quicker.

Really raw though. Took awhile for AB to become what he has become as well.

Didn't do much his first 3 years in the NFL.

And I am sure I wouldn't like you when you're mad.

Not really true? He had 1,100 yards and a Pro Bowl appearance in his 2nd year, and he was a 6th round pick. Ross seems like a real boom-or-bust player, but I will admit I guess I do expect a more polished player from the 9th overall pick.

Lets hope he stops falling down and letting passes bounce off his chest, and does more of that first offensive play TD. The passing offense is going to need to be excellent to pick up the inevitable horrible run game, so here is to hoping for a big step forward.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 01:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Imagine if Dalton would have hit Ross in stride on that long TD. Woo boy!

I'm really hoping we see the passing game elevate this season with a fully healthy combo of Green, Eifert, Boyd, Ross, and Mixon/Bernard.

Imagine if Dalton would have overthrown him, the haters would be everywhere. The under throw worked out well, an over throw not so much in that situation.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 07:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And I am sure I wouldn't like you when you're mad.

Not really true? He had 1,100 yards and a Pro Bowl appearance in his 2nd year, and he was a 6th round pick. Ross seems like a real boom-or-bust player, but I will admit I guess I do expect a more polished player from the 9th overall pick.

Lets hope he stops falling down and letting passes bounce off his chest, and does more of that first offensive play TD. The passing offense is going to need to be excellent to pick up the inevitable horrible run game, so here is to hoping for a big step forward.

I get this.  People should expect the 9th overall pick to be:

1.) An immediate contributor (he wasn't at all)
2.) An elite talent (he might be)
3.) Someone that can win a game with a big play (he might be)

Also from last year's draft:

Corey Davis at #5 had 34 catches for 375 yards
Mike Williams at #7 had 11 catches for 95 yards

Right now, I wouldn't trade picks with either of those teams.  

I don't want to get ahead of ourselves.  Ross has to stay healthy and improve his consistency, but what we have seen glimpses of with Ross is game-changing ability.  He could take a simple swing pass 80 yards for a TD if he makes one man miss.  AJ Green doesn't even have that ability.  Green is a much more "complete" receiver, with excellent route running and consistency.  However, Ross provides such a big play capability that I believe he will force defenses to change the way they defend our team.

I am beyond excited to see what he can do this year.  He is much more than just a burner.  He has incredible shiftiness.  There is so much he will be able to do:  sweeps, screens, vertical, etc.  I think he is exactly what this offense needed opposite Green, and now that Dalton appears to have a bit of time to set his feet, watch this offense soar.  
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 07:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And I am sure I wouldn't like you when you're mad.

No you wouldn't. Ninja

True, AB had a lot of yardage his 2nd year, but he didn't have a lot of TD's from what another poster shown.

I think Ross will be ahead of AB in the TD department once he gains enough confidence. Just me, but when i watch
the guy i see a guy who can take a Slant all the way to the house on any given play. Sure, he might mess up here
and there cause he is raw but i will take a drop and a TD.

But Ross had good hands in college too, so i think he will clean up the drops.

Also, i still find it way early to say we have a horrible running game with the teams we played that were very good
against the run last season and Buffalo who just stacked the box. We will see how our running game comes together
in Indy. If we still struggle i will start to be a bit concerned but if we are just using the running game to open up the
passing game and it works by just keeping Defenses honest everything still should be fine.
Reply/Quote
The move that impressed me was when he completely turned around in stride to burn both defenders. Usually when a player does a 180° turn there's a lot of decelleration, but I didn't see any slowing down at all on the play. https://youtu.be/UON4VWToA30

IDK...maybe my brain and eyes are slower making it appear faster than it really was..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote