Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross vs. Hamilton
The race of the century. I bet they could fill one of the stadiums with fans just to watch them race.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19312171/billy-hamilton-cincinnati-reds-says-willing-race-cincinnati-bengals-rookie-wr-john-ross
Reply/Quote
So you think a stadium could be completely packed to capacity just to watch two guys run 40 yards? We're talking just a little over 4 seconds here.. They might get a few thousand show up, but unless they're going to super hype the whole thing and get people to spend all day just to watch two guys run for 4 seconds I think you're dreaming about packing an entire stadium. Might as well bring in the racing horses and while you're at it toss in some racing dogs just for good measure. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_mzvf69UzMK1qhkbk8o1_400.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
who would win?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Guess it would be better than racing a damn horse...

Reply/Quote
I'm curious to see if the Reds can bust through the line and get to Andy.

Let's make a day of fun Reds vs. Bengals events.

Give the proceeds to Amelia Molitor.

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 05:32 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Give the proceeds to Amelia Molitor.

Who?

Reply/Quote
PFT.com has now carried the story:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/05/baseballs-fastest-player-wants-to-race-john-ross-for-charity/

I would put my money on Ross from a pure horsepower standpoint. I think he would get off the line quicker. It would be fun to watch, but I would sure be holding my breath that no hammys go POP!
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 07:45 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Who?

The woman that Mixon punched.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
They could always bring back Jumbo Dias and have him race Andre Smith with no shirts on.. Now that would surely pack them in, eh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 09:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The woman that Mixon punched.

Those events have already been settled and the 2 are fine with moving on with their lives...

So should we.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 01:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: So you think a stadium could be completely packed to capacity just to watch two guys run 40 yards? We're talking just a little over 4 seconds here.. They might get a few thousand show up, but unless they're going to super hype the whole thing and get people to spend all day just to watch two guys run for 4 seconds I think you're dreaming about packing an entire stadium. Might as well bring in the racing horses and while you're at it toss in some racing dogs just for good measure. 

Yes, I'm sure the teams/city that put on the event wouldn't have any other entertainment around the main event of the race...
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 11:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Those events have already been settled and the 2 are fine with moving on with their lives...

So should we.

I agree. I was simply replying to Harley of who Amelia Molitor was.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not going to lie, I would tune in for that.

They should have a 40 yard dash followed by fastest run from 1st base to 2nd (and 3rd).

Billy's speed is unreal and never seen before in baseball. He's scored on plays he had no business scoring on.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 12:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not going to lie, I would tune in for that.

They should have a 40 yard dash followed by fastest run from 1st base to 2nd (and 3rd).

Billy's speed is unreal and never seen before in baseball. He's scored on plays he had no business scoring on.

He sure is fun to watch.  However, I would think it tough for him to match that speed/intensity without the adrenalin and excitement of live competition and beating the throw.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 12:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He sure is fun to watch.  However, I would think it tough for him to match that speed/intensity without the adrenalin and excitement of live competition and beating the throw.

My money would be on Ross for the 40 yard dash, but around a base path I'd go probably go with Hamilton, who is more familiar with the angles.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I can see it now, the match is all hyped and set up and Ocho opened his big trap and wants to join. Actually, wouldn't doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 12:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My money would be on Ross for the 40 yard dash, but around a base path I'd go probably go with Hamilton, who is more familiar with the angles.

Agree,

Pure straight line 40 - Ross probably has it. Put them on a baseball field Hamilton eats him up.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 01:39 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I can see it now, the match is all hyped and set up and Ocho opened his big trap and wants to join. Actually, wouldn't doubt it.

the more hype the more people the better... all for charity.
Reply/Quote
Billy has been timed at 21.2 mph on stolen bases. He gets from home to 1st in 3.3 seconds. That's some of his 30 yard variables.
Reply/Quote