Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ross "will play again this year"
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Lawson-finding-cadence-Hue-starts-18th-QB-vs-Lewis-backs-AndyRoss-itchy-Gio-limited/3acb38a2-38e6-4535-a3a8-99fb775267d2

They are calling it "just soreness", but the MRI is clean. He is saying "they will let me know when I can play".

Uh, he's your first round pick and this team is in desperate need of offense. If there is nothing wrong with the knee other than soreness (probably inflammation) get his ass out there! We already will be without Eifert. We seem enamored with average, no-separation Lafell, and keep Cody Core on the bench.

Are they trying to sabotage the season? Why are we wasting an amazing defense?

This just makes me want to throw up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 08:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Lawson-finding-cadence-Hue-starts-18th-QB-vs-Lewis-backs-AndyRoss-itchy-Gio-limited/3acb38a2-38e6-4535-a3a8-99fb775267d2

They are calling it "just soreness", but the MRI is clean.  He is saying "they will let me know when I can play".  

Uh, he's your first round pick and this team is in desperate need of offense.  If there is nothing wrong with the knee other than soreness (probably inflammation) get his ass out there!  We already will be without Eifert.  We seem enamored with average, no-separation Lafell, and keep Cody Core on the bench.  

Are they trying to sabotage the season?  Why are we wasting an amazing defense?  

This just makes me want to throw up.

Im sore every day, but i still go to work. Its football, these guys are supposed to be sore. If there's no damage and he's "just sore" then he can get his ass out on the field and play.

Im so damn sick on how this team continuously bungles injuries.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Seems to be par for our 1st round selections course anymore.

Head scratcher or jinx not sure but it is becoming tiresome.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Every time a Bengals issue comes up my mind quickly goes to - this isn't going to last forever. What I mean is how much longer are we going to have the core of this team together ?

Geno, Carlos, Vontaze, AJ, Gio, Andy, Mixon, even Eifert. Which is why it just pure pisses me off that they've let the O-line descend to this point. Dalton is not an elite QB, but I still believe we could have won if they'd only have been willing to fix the line.

I could go on and on but suffice is to say the NFL window for the vast majority of teams is rather short, and ours is closing. Ross, Mixon, Willis, Lawson, and Smith all need to be on the field now !
Reply/Quote
Lol, with his injury history that soreness could indicate he needs a bit more healing.

So you want to put him back out there? Would you rather deal with a few more weeks, or risk a major injury that could make things worse?

These guys are still humans who have to look out for their own health.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 10:08 AM)thillan Wrote: Lol, with his injury history that soreness could indicate he needs a bit more healing.

So you want to put him back out there? Would you rather deal with a few more weeks, or risk a major injury that could make things worse?

These guys are still humans who have to look out for their own health.

That's just it...with the MRI showing damage and him still being sore...this might be something he just has to deal with in his career.

It's why you don't draft guys with extensive history of injury and major surgeries.
Reply/Quote
The good news is Hopkins is back to practicing. Hopefully once he's able to play, he can occupy the RG spot again and maybe TJ Johnson can take Bodine's spot. Then Andre can take either LT or RT. If all that happens, we might FINALLY see some improved OL performance lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 10:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The good news is Hopkins is back to practicing. Hopefully once he's able to play, he can occupy the RG spot again and maybe TJ Johnson can take Bodine's spot. Then Andre can take either LT or RT. If all that happens, we might FINALLY see some improved OL performance lol

I'd probably rotate Andre in at RT and LT if he can do it. Let Ced and Fisher both play half the game.
Reply/Quote
How much better might we be if they had taken Mixon in the first and spent the next two picks on center or tackle.

If we had a decent o line and an average center I understand the temptation of Ross.

I am so sick of the Bodine problem. How many more years does this have to go on before we get a new center.

If they sign  Bodine to an extension I am done with the Bengals. Getting close any way to being done after 50 years.

The odds of the Bengals moving in my lifetime are far better than the odds of them winning a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 10:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd probably rotate Andre in at RT and LT if he can do it. Let Ced and Fisher both play half the game.

I'd rather put Andre out there at one spot and let Fisher and Ogbuehi rotate at the same position. Given RT is Andre's most comfortable position and both Fisher and Ogbuehi are more athletic guys, probably best they rotate at LT.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm gonna go against the grain and say to sit this guy out all year, get him 100%. When you're favoring one leg over another, you're asking for other injuries by running that way. It's not like the team is out of it after 3 weeks anyways. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 10:37 AM)bengals67 Wrote: How much better might we be if they had taken Mixon in the first and spent the next two picks on center or tackle.

If we had a decent o line and an average center I understand the temptation of Ross.

I am so sick of the Bodine problem. How many more years does this have to go on before we get a new center.

If they sign  Bodine to an extension I am done with the Bengals. Getting close any way to being done after 50 years.

The odds of the Bengals moving in my lifetime are far better than the odds of them winning a Super Bowl.

Or OT in the first, Elflein in the second, Hunt in the third, Lawson in the fourth.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 10:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's just it...with the MRI showing damage and him still being sore...this might be something he just has to deal with in his career.

It's why you don't draft guys with extensive history of injury and major surgeries.

I'm not saying I disagree, because I feel similar about drafting guys with his type of injury history.

But, what I am saying is give the guy a chance. Let him rest a bit more, instead of throwing him into the fire. When his knee feels good, then let him out there and see what he can do, and if he can last. 

I'd rather trade a few weeks to give the guy a chance, instead of tossing him out there when he doesn't even feel 100% and risking something far worse.
Reply/Quote
Definitely concerned me when i saw that "will play again this year" wtf is that about?
Reply/Quote
Ross isn't actually hurt, guys Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 10:55 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Definitely concerned me when i saw that "will play again this year" wtf is that about?

Me too, not the words I want to read about a 1st round pick.  Say What
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 12:39 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Me too, not the words I want to read about a 1st round pick.  Say What

Boy did you pick the wrong team to root for.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 10:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The good news is Hopkins is back to practicing. Hopefully once he's able to play, he can occupy the RG spot again and maybe TJ Johnson can take Bodine's spot. Then Andre can take either LT or RT. If all that happens, we might FINALLY see some improved OL performance lol

Yeah, this made me feel better after the initial pisstoffessness.

I think that lineup will be significantly better than what we have been running on the right side.

Let Fisher and Og compete at LT and let the best man win, draft a LT in the 1st next year.

It starts in the trenches people.

About Ross, i would not hurry him out there unless he is clearly ready.

I don't want him to sacrifice his career while we are 0-3 and looking on the outside of the Playoffs anyways.

The run game needs to improve and that will open up the passing game.

Mixon could take off soon if this O-line can actually open up some holes for him.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 10:49 AM)thillan Wrote: I'm not saying I disagree, because I feel similar about drafting guys with his type of injury history.

But, what I am saying is give the guy a chance. Let him rest a bit more, instead of throwing him into the fire. When his knee feels good, then let him out there and see what he can do, and if he can last. 

I'd rather trade a few weeks to give the guy a chance, instead of tossing him out there when he doesn't even feel 100% and risking something far worse.

Nice post Thillan, feel the exact same way on Ross.
Reply/Quote
"It looks like they’re hoping rest is the answer."

[Image: 200?cb=20120509073411]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote