Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster changes
Lamur to IR with knee injury. Trevor Roach promoted from practice squad

Coley Harvey ‏@ColeyHarvey 1h1 hour ago
#Bengals today moved LB Emmanuel Lamur (knee) to the IR. They have signed Lb Trevor Roach from the practice squad to replace him.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Looks like Shawn Williams role was just expanded.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:49 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Looks like Shawn Williams role was just expanded.

Yeah, and i actually think it is an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, and i actually think it is an upgrade.

I was thinking the same.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, and i actually think it is an upgrade.

Agree as well, I almost forgot Lamur was on the team, he was used very little as of late..

Whats the bio on the new addition?  Im not familiar with him?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Lamur was possibly the worst LB in the NFL. So it's hard not to be at least the same as a replacement.
Reply/Quote
Yeah this will help us vs TE's.
Reply/Quote
I thought they'd bring back Chris Carter.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 08:09 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I thought they'd bring back Chris Carter.

Cris Carter played yesterday.....for the Ravens

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 07:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: Lamur was possibly the worst LB in the NFL. So it's hard not to be at least the same as a replacement.

your funny... and NOT
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:56 PM)corpjet Wrote: Agree as well, I almost forgot Lamur was on the team, he was used very little as of late..

Whats the bio on the new addition?  Im not familiar with him?

Roach started at ILB at Nebraska under Bo Pelini's pro style 4-3 defense.  Roach played special teams as well.  He was an UDFA and played well in pre-season.  He'll be covering on special teams in Lamur's spot.  He does cover nicely in the flats and has pretty decent speed side line to side line.  A solid tackler that wraps up nicely with a great field of vision against offensives.   
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:41 PM)SFmajor Wrote: Roach started at ILB at Nebraska under Bo Pelini's pro style 4-3 defense.  Roach played special teams as well.  He was an UDFA and played well in pre-season.  He'll be covering on special teams in Lamur's spot.  He does cover nicely in the flats and has pretty decent speed side line to side line.  A solid tackler that wraps up nicely with a great field of vision against offensives.   

and was on the practice squad.. hopefully does not get in much.. Lamur will be missed .. solid player in coverage and good at his role on the team.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:01 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and was on the practice squad.. hopefully does not get in much.. Lamur will be missed .. solid player in coverage and good at his role on the team.

Lamur was not the same player this year as he was in years past for whatever reason, his playing time dropped dramatically and wasn't used as of late on passing downs...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Lamur wasn't having a good year to start with. Just a special teamer with little value on defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:01 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and was on the practice squad.. hopefully does not get in much.. Lamur will be missed .. solid player in coverage and good at his role on the team.

I understand the importance of this game.  I'm sure that Roach will cover on specialty teams.  BUT,  every NFL player has to start somewhere.  Roach is getting his opportunity now.  So, play hard, hit hard, and be smart.  
Reply/Quote
I know we signed Roach off the practice squad, but I see no guarantee he is active. I think Williams takes over the Lemur role and there are others who can handle the special team duties.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
From Rotoworld: Lamur was one of the worst 4-3 outside linebackers in the NFL in 2014, and Pro Football Focus graded him 39th out 40 qualifying players.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8194/emmanuel-lamur
Reply/Quote
Take a page from Pitts playbook. First play from scrimmage send Roach flying into Bens knee.
Reply/Quote
I was very happy we managed to get Roach as a UDFA. He's one of those under rated guys that just seems to get the job done.
I figured he's be on our PS this year, and push for some playing time next year, but now is his time to make an impression.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:41 PM)SFmajor Wrote: Roach started at ILB at Nebraska under Bo Pelini's pro style 4-3 defense.  Roach played special teams as well.  He was an UDFA and played well in pre-season.  He'll be covering on special teams in Lamur's spot.  He does cover nicely in the flats and has pretty decent speed side line to side line.  A solid tackler that wraps up nicely with a great field of vision against offensives.   

Yeah, he isn't a OLB like Lamur, he is just depth and will play some ST's.

Shawn will fill in there in a pinch, better tackler and better in coverage than Lamur = upgrade.

I doubt he will be missed...

(01-05-2016, 02:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: From Rotoworld: Lamur was one of the worst 4-3 outside linebackers in the NFL in 2014, and Pro Football Focus graded him 39th out 40 qualifying players.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8194/emmanuel-lamur

This sounds pretty bad, even worse than i thought. He has been bad for a couple of years now and i had
high expectations for the guy originally. You would think a former Safety would be able to cover better than
he has especially with his size and speed, but no.
Reply/Quote