Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster moves..CB signed
Like the move. Would have rather seen Chykie get the axe
Reply/Quote
Yeah, why not
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 06:29 PM)J24 Wrote: Like the move but why release Hopkins instead of Brown?

This times 1,000.  Brown has never seemed like a dude who is capable of covering a receiver past 10 yards to me.  He made one really good play in preseason, I get it, but releasing Hopkins?  Was he really that bad? 
Reply/Quote
Can't be worse than Brown. 3rd round in this past draft? Football Decision? Hopefully it wasn't due to his attitude.

Reply/Quote
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article100292512.html

Looks like this guy is struggling with the terminology according to this article. Wasn't this the issue with Dre Kirkpatrick for 2 years! Well at least we have the ST gunner position set for a few years.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 09:05 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: This times 1,000.  Brown has never seemed like a dude who is capable of covering a receiver past 10 yards to me.  He made one really good play in preseason, I get it, but releasing Hopkins?  Was he really that bad? 

I think the reason for the pickup was to eventually move on from Brown. However, this waiver claim is a virtual unknown right now and will take some time to integrate into the team and let the coaches learn if he can contribute. He was obviously cut for a reason. Brown will be needed until the new kid proves he's expendable. 

Fisher, Winston and Westerman coming off the bench at OL make Hopkins a casualty of the numbers game here. Hopefully he makes it on the PS.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 09:56 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article100292512.html

Looks like this guy is struggling with the terminology according to this article. Wasn't this the issue with Dre Kirkpatrick for 2 years! Well at least we have the ST gunner position set for a few years.

Hah. direct replacement?

Reply/Quote
Definitely worth kicking the tires on, Not much of a gamble that comes with potentially big upside if he turned it around.

Whats not to like.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 06:04 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: As others have said, there's relatively no risk here. We gain a third round draft pick in last year's draft essentially.

As for other team's passing on someone, it's not a new concept. The Bengals have been able to turn many castoffs into solid or better players. This one just happens to be younger than most of the castoffs they take on.

Maybe he just didn't fit in with what Kansas City was doing. I am surprised that they didn't try and trade him for something, at least. I guess they needed to get that extra OLB in and he was the one on the chopping block.

Probably hoping they could slip him onto their PS. 

Didn't work.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/9/15/12930446/why-i-dont-believe-keivarae-russells-release-was-a-real-football
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 11:12 PM)EatonFan Wrote: http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/9/15/12930446/why-i-dont-believe-keivarae-russells-release-was-a-real-football

Crap article. Dude couldn't grasp the terminology. Probably nothing more than that.

Reply/Quote
can he play center?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 05:41 PM)pally Wrote: 2016 3rd round KC pick cut was cut yesterday and today was picked up by the Bengals.  Chief's Nation was surprised by the cut.  But you know Marvin..he never met a cornerback he didn't want

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/keivarae-russell?id=2555547

Trey Hopkins was released.

Damn It!

I like corners as well, but couldn't we have found a Center from somewhere or other?

Reply/Quote
Love the pick up. We gt another third rounder from this past draft....Russell and Vigil, forever linked like Dalton and Green!

If he is a head case, I think Adam Jones is the perfect mentor. Can get on him about how the Bengals gave him a second chance too and he just needs to turn it around. If the kid does eventually live up to his draft position, we have some really nice CB in the pipeline with him and Jackson!

For those wondering why we didnt cut Chykie Brown, well we are still thin at CB until Dennard and Jackson get completely well. On top of that, Lewis-Harris is nicked up, and this new kid Russell is not going to be ready to contribute for at least a few weeks.

I think they cut Hopkins because they feel they can sneak him through to the PS again. How many teams are G needy right now? I don't know of any. May be the shrewd move. I still can't believe the Bengals were able to get him after he was cut. I am sure that being a playoff quality team with good coaches and a good situation to go into played into his decision to sign with us.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 12:14 AM)Beaker Wrote: Love the pick up. We gt another third rounder from this past draft....Russell and Vigil, forever linked like Dalton and Green!

If he is a head case, I think Adam Jones is the perfect mentor. Can get on him about how the Bengals gave him a second chance too and he just needs to turn it around. If the kid does eventually live up to his draft position, we have some really nice CB in the pipeline with him and Jackson!

For those wondering why we didnt cut Chykie Brown, well we are still thin at CB until Dennard and Jackson get completely well. On top of that, Lewis-Harris is nicked up, and this new kid Russell is not going to be ready to contribute for at least a few weeks.

I think they cut Hopkins because they feel they can sneak him through to the PS again. How many teams are G needy right now? I don't know of any. May be the shrewd move. I still can't believe the Bengals were able to get him after he was cut. I am sure that being a playoff quality team with good coaches and a good situation to go into played into his decision to sign with us.
i think you pegged it beaker. they'll sneak hopkins back onto the ps. we get a 3rd rounder. and i gotta say, a lot of chiefs fans are po'ed at reid and the chiefs for this move. meantime i'm lol'ing b/c it was a Great move by the bengals. i expect to hear lots of bitching about this on sports radio tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
LMAO!! Just figured out something.

I looked into the waiver wire order. Here's what it says:

Quote:.. Clubs are assigned players on a priority basis. From the first business day after the Super Bowl until the day after the third regular season week, assignments are based on a claiming order that is the same as the order in which clubs selected in that year’s Draft. ...

So basically we just grabbed Russell ahead of the Squeelers. LMAO!!

Carolina is another team who likely put in a claim. They need corners.

Here's a link to how the waiver wire ordering is done.

http://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-players/nfl-waiver-system-overview/

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 08:32 PM)J24 Wrote: Hopkins can play all 5 spots on the line if need be Brown is an ok corner who won't be active on Sunday either because of Dennards return.

Well I will leave in the hands of the experts.. the coaching staff and making roster moves, I don't know enough from the outside to make that decision
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 12:45 AM)BengalChris Wrote: LMAO!! Just figured out something.

Sweet, love crapping the crappers.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 12:45 AM)BengalChris Wrote: LMAO!! Just figured out something.

Just for clarification, we won the division in 2015 and Steelers were a wild card so I believe the Steelers had the waiver pick before us and passed. I read it somewhere else. Maybe someone else can confirm either way.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 12:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just for clarification, we won the division in 2015 and Steelers were a wild card so I believe the Steelers had the waiver pick before us and passed. I read it somewhere else. Maybe someone else can confirm either way.

We picked in front of the Steelers and stole WJ3 and Billings away from them remember?

I would figure the waiver wire is the same order...
Reply/Quote