Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster moves: Prince back from IR, Mike Thomas waived
(11-22-2022, 01:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I see where they can do it starting on Tuesday, so if you want another Team's PS player you can have your pick on Monday. So there is a risk of having a player revert back to the PS.

But as I said; it's a silly rule; they're denying a player a possible game-day check. 

It has to be that way.  Otherwise, teams would just "pay for playbook" by signing PS guys from the opposing team after they've had their weekly preparation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 01:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I see where they can do it starting on Tuesday, so if you want another Team's PS player you can have your pick on Monday. So there is a risk of having a player revert back to the PS.

But as I said; it's a silly rule; they're denying a player a possible game-day check. 

Maybe it's so a team can plan for the week and not worry about someone you may need being taken.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Trenton Irwin added to active roster, Isaiah Prince waived to make room.
https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-roster-moves-trenton-irwin-signed-isaiah-prince-waived
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 07:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Trenton Irwin added to active roster, Isaiah Prince waived to make room.
https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-roster-moves-trenton-irwin-signed-isaiah-prince-waived

Thank goodness. To me, he's the clear-cut 4th WR. More yards than the other three backup WRs managed all together, and he did it in just 3 games. Sure hands. Burrow trusts him.
Reply/Quote
So that leaves 3 open PS spots. We can make the assumption that Prince will take one. Mike Thomas is still out there for a 2nd

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 08:01 PM)pally Wrote: So that leaves 3 open PS spots.  We can make the assumption that Prince will take one.  Mike Thomas is still out there for a 2nd

I was rooting a bit for keeping Prince and sending Carman packing. 
Reply/Quote
Was just looking Bengals.com and I am surprised he is only 6'2". He looks taller than that or at least has really long arms.

Love that we are finding players who can help us win deep in a position group.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 07:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Trenton Irwin added to active roster, Isaiah Prince waived to make room.

Glad to hear this news and betting Burrow had something to do with this happening.

Hoping it does not mean Chase is out for longer than expected though

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 08:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Glad to hear this news and betting Burrow had something to do with this happening.

Hoping it does not mean Chase is out for longer than expected though

It shouldn’t because it’s correlated with the Mike T. release. If they would have done this and still had Mike T, I’d be more concerned.
Reply/Quote
Good move. I like Irwin. He has good hands and is football smart and faster than he looks. That run down the sideline was key after the catch, a lot of receivers would have just stepped out of bounds. Picked up an extra 10-15 yards.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 08:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: I was rooting a bit for keeping Prince and sending Carman packing. 

Yeah, I can see Prince getting grabbed off waivers. Carman might have had a shot making it through because of his second round cost.
Reply/Quote
Good for him. If I remember correctly his TD reception wasn’t easy. The ball was on a line and there was someone right on his hip.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 10:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yeah, I can see Prince getting grabbed off waivers. Carman might have had a shot making it through because of his second round cost.

Idk. I don’t remember seeing any updates on how he was doing in practice or heath wise. I’m pretty sure they just instantly activated him and he hasn’t got to take part in any full team practices.

A team would have to be really desperate to put in a claim. He might get some offers to go to another practice squad. But I can’t see a team giving him a 53 man roster spot when he more than likely isn’t in game shape.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Idk. I don’t remember seeing any updates on how he was doing in practice or heath wise. I’m pretty sure they just instantly activated him and he hasn’t got to take part in any full team practices.

A team would have to be really desperate to put in a claim. He might get some offers to go to another practice squad. But I can’t see a team giving him a 53 man roster spot when he more than likely isn’t in game shape.

You know, that's a great point. However I don't think we could have activated him without him being healthy enough. So the only way that were to work is if he agreed to all of it knowing he couldn't pass another team's medical so he could revert to FA with an agreement in place that he would get re-signed.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 08:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: I was rooting a bit for keeping Prince and sending Carman packing. 

Not sure I understand why Prince is preferred over Carman.
In the playoffs and regular season last year (the last time both played), Carman was better than Prince, at least in pass protection.
Personally, I hope neither Prince nor Thomas comes back at all.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Apparently the team is comfortable with D’Ante Smith as the 4th tackle over Prince. My theory on Carman is that Zac and Duke are hesitant to cut him because he was a Mike Brown pick.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 12:05 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Apparently the team is comfortable with D’Ante Smith as the 4th tackle over Prince. My theory on Carman is that Zac and Duke are hesitant to cut him because he was a Mike Brown pick.

If you cut Carman before the start of the new league year, he's going to cost $3 mill in dead cap.
If let go in the new league year, he only has a $1.389 mill dead cap.

On the flip side, Prince costs basically nothing (less than $1 mill this year, just $589k dead cap hit). 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 01:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: It has to be that way.  Otherwise, teams would just "pay for playbook" by signing PS guys from the opposing team after they've had their weekly preparation.

You can't sign a guy off your upcoming opponent's team the same week you play them. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 12:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Not sure I understand why Prince is preferred over Carman.
In the playoffs and regular season last year (the last time both played), Carman was better than Prince, at least in pass protection.
Personally, I hope neither Prince nor Thomas comes back at all.

Agree 

Not a fan of what Ive seen from Carman so far, but they did make him switch positions and sides which is not easy. 

Still worth waiting until the next camp to see if he can improve, not to mention the team monetary reasons you've pointed out already. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 02:41 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree 

Not a fan of what Ive seen from Carman so far, but they did make him switch positions and sides which is not easy. 

Still worth waiting until the next camp to see if he can improve, not to mention the team monetary reasons you've pointed out already. 

I'm not saying Carman is good, but Prince was straight trash last year.
He and Adeniji would have been my first two gone if I'm looking for guys to replace.
I'd like for the Bengals to keep Scharping as depth/competition for Volson after this year.
Then Bengals can draft an OT early to groom behind Williams and/or Collins, and maybe a C in the mid-to-late rounds to compete with Hill for backup duties.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote