Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster spot observation
(08-11-2017, 01:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Signs are pointing towards keeping 7 WRs.. but that decision will be influence as much by the play of D and O line in presason, play of other return players, and injuries through preseason as it will be by the play of the bubble WRs

Injuries will definately be a big deal as always but if all these WR's are healthy i honestly think we might be in for a surprise Lafell trade or cut.

He just doesn't have the upside of Malone or Core IMHO.

I know he is experienced but hey, this is just a hunch if we keep 6 instead of 7.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Injuries will definately be a big deal as always but if all these WR's are healthy i honestly think we might be in for a surprise Lafell trade or cut.

He just doesn't have the upside of Malone or Core IMHO.

I know he is experienced but hey, this is just a hunch if we keep 6 instead of 7.

Lafell has been the best WR in camp not named AJ Green I think you keep him.. hes got the most snaps with Dalton outside of green.   And if the rookies are stepping up you rotate them in and increase their work loads.

But I wouldn't cut him or trade him this late in the game for a guy we might be able to stash on the PS anyway.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 02:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lafell has been the best WR in camp not named AJ Green I think you keep him.. hes got the most snaps with Dalton outside of green.   And if the rookies are stepping up you rotate them in and increase their work loads.

But I wouldn't cut him or trade him this late in the game for a guy we might be able to stash on the PS anyway.
Totally agree
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 02:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lafell has been the best WR in camp not named AJ Green I think you keep him.. hes got the most snaps with Dalton outside of green.   And if the rookies are stepping up you rotate them in and increase their work loads.

I think Core is on the bottom of our WR depth cart, and I don't think he would stay on our PS if we put him there. If we cut one of our 7 I see a team stealing one of them. I think we will put a LB like Dawson on the PS to free up some space. Dawson was on the PS last year, and he wasn't snatched up so it's safe to assume that he wouldn't be this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Well, cannot argue with that Xeno, i was just thinking of the future and as Brownshoe says, if we put Core on the PS
he will be grabbed up by another team i am sure of it. His size, speed and physicality are very rare.

Lafell just doesn't have the speed like Malone or Core and he is much older.

I say keep 7 and avoid this at all costs if all these guys are healthy.

(08-11-2017, 03:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think Core is on the bottom of our WR depth cart, and I don't think he would stay on our PS if we put him there. If we cut one of our 7 I see a team stealing one of them. I think we will put a LB like Dawson on the PS to free up some space. Dawson was on the PS last year, and he wasn't snatched up so it's safe to assume that he wouldn't be this year.

Agree with this, Dawson should be safe on the PS, Core would not IMO.
Reply/Quote