Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Roster update-DT signed to PS XSF released
(01-18-2022, 07:05 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: If I'm Tennessee, I pick up XSF right now.

lol...they would have to place him on their active roster for the week.  I don't think they would want to dump 2 players off their roster.  1 for XSF and 1 for Derrick Henry

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 07:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's already been paid his entire salary for this year, as we're into the postseason.
He's due $3.433 mill next year with only $333k in dead cap.
So the Bengals will get an extra $3.1 mill in cap next year.

Cool.  Thanks for that. Carry on. 

Along with Waynes, he had to be a leading contender for getting released. I think we have around $14 million by getting rid of both. XSF was just never healthy. 
Reply/Quote
Costin Miami O stud is great against run. Nice pick up at this stage in season. He could stick for next season.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Still trying to figure this out. He played 15 snaps against the Patriots in the Jags week 17 game. And according to their team website he is listed on the practice squad. Didn't think a guy could go from one PS to another PS.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 07:44 PM)pally Wrote: lol...they would have to place him on their active roster for the week.  I don't think they would want to dump 2 players off their roster.  1 for XSF and 1 for Derrick Henry

I'm just saying that if Tennessee waives someone and he's interested in spilling the beans on the Titans offense, I'd gladly cut a player that will most likely be inactive on Saturday.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 06:43 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I think they have removed any age/years limitations from being PS eligible.  
anybody can be on the PS now, even you and me!

One of the few rule changes I've loved.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 08:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Still trying to figure this out. He played 15 snaps against the Patriots in the Jags week 17 game. And according to their team website he is listed on the practice squad. Didn't think a guy could go from one PS to another PS.

Once your team's season is over; you're no longer on their PS; you become a FA
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 09:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: One of the few rule changes I've loved.

Yep. That and the rookie pay scale has been my two favorite changes to the modern NFL. 

The PS rule really increases the level of play from a consistency standpoint. It also keeps many vets from taking off to join the XFL or USFL mainly just to get exposure to NFL teams in need of players in their position group. The UFL had many very good vets that weren't eligible for the PS in those days and, from what little that I saw of the UFL, that was good football.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 09:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Once your team's season is over; you're no longer on their PS; you become a FA

Ah ha.That makes sense. Thanks. Still trying to figure out these week 2 of the playoffs roster rules.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 09:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ah ha.That makes sense. Thanks. Still trying to figure out these week 2 of the playoffs roster rules.

You and me both. 

Unfamiliar territory for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 07:25 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Does it?

I looked on spotrac and his Dead Cap hit for this year is $3.3 mil, only $333k for next year. If we eat that money on this year's cap hit, doesn't it reduce our rollover number for next year by the same amount? Thus reducing our amount of effective cap space? Or does it count as a 2022 release because it happened after the regular season? 

Somebody who knows more abot capology fill me in. 

Reply/Quote
I'm not surprised at XSF getting the axe. I figured he'd be gone this upcoming offseason along with Waynes.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 09:35 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yep. That and the rookie pay scale has been my two favorite changes to the modern NFL. 

The PS rule really increases the level of play from a consistency standpoint. It also keeps many vets from taking off to join the XFL or USFL mainly just to get exposure to NFL teams in need of players in their position group. The UFL had many very good vets that weren't eligible for the PS in those days and, from what little that I saw of the UFL, that was good football.

Add the new IR rules and the game day practice squad elevations too as some of the smarter moves the NFL has made

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

That'll help re-sign Big Spain.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 06:04 PM)pally Wrote: Dt Doug Costin signed to the practice squad.  He is the mysterious #62 seen at practice.  He was a 3 year starter at Miami of Ohio who was on the Jags PS at some point at the beginning of the season.  He played in 12 games in 2020 for the Jags getting 33 tackles

Sweeeet. I hope he sticks as I want to see a Miami RedHawk contribute to Bengals success.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 09:14 AM)pally Wrote: Add the new IR rules and the game day practice squad elevations too as some of the smarter moves the NFL has made

Correct. I will add that to the Post-It on my fridge with the list of all of the things Roger Goodell didn't screw up. Still plenty of room for more! Although, I do wish that they would treat it closer to what MLB does with their IR/DL. Baby steps, I guess.

I forgot to mention my two favorite things of the rookie pay scale . . .
1a) Pretty much ended the stupid holdouts, which, with Mike Brown, was almost as much as a Cincinnati tradition as a threeway at Skyline or Gold Star.
1b) No need for holdouts means no more sleezeball agents dominating the Sports news shows. One swipe of the pen and I no longer needed to change the channel to get Drew ****ing Rosenhaus off of my TV.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 02:00 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm not surprised at XSF getting the axe. I figured he'd be gone this upcoming offseason along with Waynes.

Games Played across 2 seasons (34 games inc. playoff game):
XSF - 8
Waynes - 6 (inc. playoff game)

Waynes should at least one more with Saturday's game.

XSF made significantly less than Waynes, but both still have been highly unavailable.

I think the release of XSF made more sense given the amount of healthy IOL players on the roster who are under contract beyond this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

FWIW, spotrac disagrees. XSF is on our 2022 cap sheet for $3.1 mil in dead cap, not $333k. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/ 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 03:06 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, spotrac disagrees. XSF is on our 2022 cap sheet for $3.1 mil in dead cap, not $333k. 

Yea not sure I get why Spotrac is showing that, his base salary I doubt was guaranteed for next year so no clue how they got to 3.1 in dead cap. I went to OTC to see what they had and OTC reflects it like I would have guessed with the 333k dead cap, so I am going to go with Spotrac got it wrong here. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 03:06 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, spotrac disagrees. XSF is on our 2022 cap sheet for $3.1 mil in dead cap, not $333k. 

Its wrong.

The only guaranteed money in XSF's contract was his signing bonus so only the 333k prorated bonus would be held as dead cap in 2022.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote