Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
Maybe someone will outbid us for him LMAO
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I was pretty devastated the day Marvin was rehired. (I actually had hopes for Mike to retire, and Katie to reset the franchise with a clean slate) Then, after the week of all the coaching hires, I started to gain some optimism, really hoping that Marvin was sincere about changing things up and improving the team.

Then, I read garbage like this about wanting to hold onto Bodine. Kind of puts me right back into the numb spot I was in, the day that they re-hired Marvin.. After a lifetime of being a Bengal fan, I've learned one thing for certain; Either you're gonna have reticence of a block of granite, or you're just going to become numb to letdowns.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 06:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Maybe someone will outbid us for him    LMAO

[Image: 124118990-e1515006058559.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
A worthless midget anchoring the line for the clueless mental midget.

Shocking.
Reply/Quote
Russell Bodine was an excellent prospect out of North Carolina. Let’s see what happens under Frank Pollack’s tutelage before going all emo over this move.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 08:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Russell Bodine was an excellent prospect out of North Carolina.  Let’s see what happens under Frank Pollack’s tutelage before going all emo over this move.

I guess there is that chance that Pollack evaluated the personnel and told Marvin, "I think I can work with this guy".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 07:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was pretty devastated the day Marvin was rehired.  (I actually had hopes for Mike to retire, and Katie to reset the franchise with a clean slate)  Then, after the week of all the coaching hires, I started to gain some optimism, really hoping that Marvin was sincere about changing things up and improving the team.

Then, I read garbage like this about wanting to hold onto Bodine.  Kind of puts me right back into the numb spot I was in, the day that they re-hired Marvin..  After a lifetime of being a Bengal fan, I've learned one thing for certain;  Either you're gonna have reticence of a block of granite, or you're just going to become numb to letdowns.

Man, you took the words right out of my mouth. So far this offseason has been nothing but a series of small highs and extreme lows  Whatever

(01-28-2018, 08:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess there is that chance that Pollack evaluated the personnel and told Marvin, "I think I can work with this guy".

That's all we can hope for at this point. Otherwise, Marvin is seemingly getting more and more clueless by the second. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 08:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess there is that chance that Pollack evaluated the personnel and told Marvin, "I think I can work with this guy".

As long as it's not this scenario instead I'm okay with it... 

Brown evaluated the personnel and told Marvin to tell Pollack "Work with this guy".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Unless it was Pollack who raised Lazerus from the dead I'm not optimistic. 

Yes Alexander had lost his touch but no way that Bodines struggles are all on the coach. Bengals have had some great lineman who got better with experience. Bodine had a long run to learn the game. He was surrounded by some solid pros. 

He clearly showed he is not hood enough. 

It feels like Marv always keeps the player fans hate the most. I honestly can't belueve that is intentional but..........
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 01:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin definitely has a very high opinion of Bodine and it seems like he really wants him back at center for the foreseeable future, but it also appears that he's finally admitting that Ced has been a disappointment:

“Ced’s had two seasons, basically, and it’s just not been exactly where we need it to be,” Lewis said. “That’s held us back.”

Jim O and Paul Dehner said they don't expect his 5th option to be picked up.

Well, at least we're seeing sense of reality.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 11:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: As long as it's not this scenario instead I'm okay with it... 

Brown evaluated the personnel and told Marvin to tell Pollack "Work with this guy".

I doubt Mike brown gives two shits about the Oline. 

Which is both a blessing and a curse
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 06:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Maybe someone will outbid us for him    LMAO

Hue and the Browns will probably offer at least $6 mil a year.
Reply/Quote
Probably a genius ploy to raise his value so they get a comp pick when he resigns elsewhere!

[Image: DRRBJMVVoAAU1hP.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 08:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Russell Bodine was an excellent prospect out of North Carolina.  Let’s see what happens under Frank Pollack’s tutelage before going all emo over this move.

He was a workout warrior who benched 225 42 times but was slow footed and short armed . He was a reach in the 4th round n definitely not an excellent draft pick  .  He is straight garbage.   He just doesn't have it
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 10:46 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He was a workout warrior who benched 225 42 times but was slow footed and short armed . He was a reach in the 4th round n definitely not an excellent draft pick  .  He is straight garbage.   He just doesn't have it

You and Kettering are on two opposite ends. I feel he was really more in the middle.
He was an aggressive, experienced C with a mean streak who had (and still has) some critical flaws like not being able to play outside of a phone booth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 10:46 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He was a reach in the 4th round n definitely not an excellent draft pick.

Most experts had him projected as 3rd-4th round.

he may not have panned out, but he was not a "reach".
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 11:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I doubt Mike brown gives two shits about the Oline. 

Which is both a blessing and a curse

Not sure how that could be a blessing

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 11:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure how that could be a blessing

Only reason I can think of is because people are afraid of Mike Brown having too much of his input on OL prospects. Hopefully by not having much involvement from Mike Brown, it would mean Pollack could have more say in which OL are picked and when rather than be outranked by Brown.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 12:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Only reason I can think of is because people are afraid of Mike Brown having too much of his input on OL prospects. Hopefully by not having much involvement from Mike Brown, it would mean Pollack could have more say in which OL are picked and when rather than be outranked by Brown.

Quite east to understand. Let me explain by (what I can only assume) an example of Mikey Boy and Giggles logic;
If you have 4 apples and 7 pencils, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? 
Answer: Purple…because aliens can’t wear hat’s!!!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 12:13 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Quite east to understand. Let me explain by (what I can only assume) an example of Mikey Boy and Giggles logic;
If you have 4 apples and 7 pencils, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? 
Answer: Purple…because aliens can’t wear hat’s!!!

[Image: b32167eef46057f43bfc3ca0ea53155c85a9319f...7d8877.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote