Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotoworlds bengals analysis
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/70853/71/nfl-draft-needs-bengals

For your viewing pleasure. I like the first 5 picks. Don't know much about the last few guys. Love the comments about the sixth round lb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tanoh Kpassagnon is a HARD pass for me. He is a Margus Hunt type player. Big, Raw, Upright, kick blocker with little technique to speak of. If they couldn't develop Hunt, I doubt they will be able to develop Kpassagnon. That would be the definition of a lateral move.

We desperately need a finesse rusher. Someone who doesn't need to overpower their OT in order to get a sack.

Other than that, it's a decent draft. Ross/Mixon is one of my least favorite top 2 combos because it pairs health concerns with red flag concerns in a double whammy that could either make our offense elite, or tear it down and ruin the franchise.

I have been warming to Ross recently though, especially if Barnett is taken before our pick, as a few mock drafts have indicated in the last few weeks.

I am still bothered by Mixon.

Part of me wants to believe that he was a young man who was goaded by a woman who obviously thought there was no way anyone would ever hit her, no matter how she acted. The lingering reports that she and her friend called him the N word, as well as apparently spitting on him and blowing smoke in his face earlier in that night, lends credence to this suspicion.

The other part of me sees a violent man who may have severe anger issues and could easily enter into Ray Rice territory. Also, he may be homophobic, per reports of the incident.

I don't really want to take that risk in the 2nd round. If he's still there in the third round, I'd be open to it though.
Reply/Quote
Not a big Ross fan.

Plus it seems like the Bengals use these guys wrong. When the Bengals had a somewhat similar player (Andrew Hawkins) they kept trying to force balls over CB's who were a foot taller way down the field. It resulted in more interceptions than touchdowns if I remember correctly.

The guys has WAY too many injury concerns to warrant a top 10 pick, he's got the knees of a 10 year veteran.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 09:19 PM)09ItsOurTime Wrote: Not a big Ross fan.

Plus it seems like the Bengals use these guys wrong. When the Bengals had a somewhat similar player (Andrew Hawkins) they kept trying to force balls over CB's who were a foot taller way down the field. It resulted in more interceptions than touchdowns if I remember correctly.

The guys has WAY too many injury concerns to warrant a top 10 pick, he's got the knees of a 10 year veteran.

The speed tempts me for like 4.2 seconds. Then i remember he hurt himself doing the combine 40.

I wont bang the table saying i want to see him drafted. But as a Bengal fan I would get on board if he was the pick. 

Ross in 1 Mixon in 2 would get me excited for sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:14 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Tanoh Kpassagnon is a HARD pass for me. He is a Margus Hunt type player. Big, Raw, Upright, kick blocker with little technique to speak of. If they couldn't develop Hunt, I doubt they will be able to develop Kpassagnon. That would be the definition of a lateral move.

We desperately need a finesse rusher. Someone who doesn't need to overpower their OT in order to get a sack.

Other than that, it's a decent draft. Ross/Mixon is one of my least favorite top 2 combos because it pairs health concerns with red flag concerns in a double whammy that could either make our offense elite, or tear it down and ruin the franchise.

I have been warming to Ross recently though, especially if Barnett is taken before our pick, as a few mock drafts have indicated in the last few weeks.

I am still bothered by Mixon.

Part of me wants to believe that he was a young man who was goaded by a woman who obviously thought there was no way anyone would ever hit her, no matter how she acted. The lingering reports that she and her friend called him the N word, as well as apparently spitting on him and blowing smoke in his face earlier in that night, lends credence to this suspicion.

The other part of me sees a violent man who may have severe anger issues and could easily enter into Ray Rice territory. Also, he may be homophobic, per reports of the incident.

I don't really want to take that risk in the 2nd round. If he's still there in the third round, I'd be open to it though.

I wouldnt say hes a hard pass for me. He seems to be infinitely more athletic than hunt. he looked like a man amongst boys even at the pro bowl. his upside is insane he has the talent to be the next LT or ed too tall jones. he really does. if hes there in the third i would take him without a doubt. I didnt see anyone able to stop him.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty optimistic about next year. If the draft went like that, though, I'd stick my hands in a blender.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 11:19 AM)Benton Wrote: I'm pretty optimistic about next year. If the draft went like that, though, I'd stick my hands in a blender.

For it being a defense heavy draft we sure need a lot of offensive help it seems like.
Reply/Quote
For claiming that our two biggest needs are on the lines, he sure takes a while to address them in his mock. Don't like it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd rather they go defense-heavy in the earlier rounds. College teams are so pass-happy nowadays that quality receivers can be found in the later rounds.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 11:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For claiming that our two biggest needs are on the lines, he sure takes a while to address them in his mock.  Don't like it.

It seems like it's more common for offensive weapons to contribute more as rookies than OL or defense. At least in the Bengals scheme anyway.
For that reason, I wouldn't be opposed to a pass catcher (WR or TE) and RB by the end of Day 2.

Plus, as much as we likely don't agree with the approach, I think the Bengals feel they are set with their starting OL with Ogbuehi, Boling, Bodine, Smith, and Fisher. Plus they have their set of incumbent backups in Westerman, Johnson, and Winston. That likely leaves room for just one more OL (likely depth) to compete with Trey Hopkins and Alex Redmond for the final OL roster spot.

The starting DL to begin the season is also likely on the roster already in Dunlap, MJ, Atkins, and Billings. Any DL player to be drafted will likely be used as a situational/rotational player as a rookie.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote