Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 1 (Board Picks)
(04-09-2024, 03:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Got 'em just PM me your Why a Bengal Pick 

I PM'ed you why Bfine...

(04-09-2024, 03:57 PM)Okeana Wrote: i have zero concern, im not worried about the injuries, I'm not worried about the snaps.  Duke Manyweather talked with Voch Lombardi about Mims the other day, two guys I have a lot of respect for when it comes to scouting/developing Offensive Lineman.  Mims has no bad habits, he's totally balanced and can play anywhere on the line, and he's a high character countryboy.  Duke said when it comes to Amarius Mims that you can tell football means a lot to him and he's a hard worker.  I just can't see a guy like him not developing into a high level player in this league with all his traits

Nice, makes me even happier if Amarius Mims is the pick. I love hearing that he has no bad habits, plays totally balanced (which showed in 
the film I watched) and that he can play anywhere on the line. Look out Cordell Volson if this is truly the case while Trent Brown mans RT.

Amarius being a high character country boy and football meaning a lot to him is a topper for me, sign me up even if I like Byron Murphy just
as much for our problems on the DL.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I PM'ed you why Bfine...

Nice, makes me even happier if Amarius Mims is the pick. I love hearing that he has no bad habits, plays totally balanced (which showed in 
the film I watched) and that he can play anywhere on the line. Look out Cordell Volson if this is truly the case while Trent Brown mans RT.

Amarius being a high character country boy and football meaning a lot to him is a topper for me, sign me up even if I like Byron Murphy just
as much for our problems on the DL.

i agree with you, i think we need to start a scouting podcast together lol.  I really like Murphy as well.  Murphy has enough burst to affect the passing game, but the strength to take on double teams.  He has that lower body development and thick bone structure that I think he will add even more mass to as he moves into his physical prime.  He's a perfect fit for this team right now because he can take snaps at 1 tech and has done so in college.  This may sound weird of the height difference, but when I watch Murphy I
get Ndamukong Suh Vibes.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nate and OK I got your reports. Great work. You'll be the "scout" in the thread.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 04:18 PM)Okeana Wrote: i agree with you, i think we need to start a scouting podcast together lol.  I really like Murphy as well.  Murphy has enough burst to affect the passing game, but the strength to take on double teams.  He has that lower body development and thick bone structure that I think he will add even more mass to as he moves into his physical prime.  He's a perfect fit for this team right now because he can take snaps at 1 tech and has done so in college.  This may sound weird of the height difference, but when I watch Murphy I
get Ndamukong Suh Vibes.  

Yes, Byron Murphy plays mean. He doesn't play dirty like Suh, but I can definitely feel the vibes you are talkin' about with BM.

He has a nasty streak to him, very physical, just what we need on the DL.

(04-09-2024, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nate and OK I got your reports. Great work. You'll be the "scout" in the thread.

Awesome Bfine, thanks for the work brother. Rock On
Reply/Quote
OL coach vs DL coach best two out of three rock paper scissors. Winner gets their guy. Latham or Murphy
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 03:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We've now come to pick 18 and the Cincinnati Bengals. To make thyis choice Ima start a thread in JN with a poll to vote. But before that happens, I need about 5 choices.

If you want to nominate someone, simply put the name here and then PM me a paragraph as to why this guy. Once I get them all consolidated then I'll do the JN thread with your "Scouting Report" and the masses can vote. IF you want to nominate someone and not do the "scouting Report" just send the name and write No Report. I'll then do the report of another draftnik can say "I got it".

My nominee: GRAHAM BARTON: OL/DUKE

Will bump Bfine's post for everyone to see. I have nominated Byron Murphy and Okeana has nominated Amarius Mims.

Need around 3 or so more nominees as Bfine says here...
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Will bump Bfine's post for everyone to see. I have nominated Byron Murphy and Okeana has nominated Amarius Mims.

Need around 3 or so more nominees as Bfine says here...

I'd say some that haven't been nominated could include:

BRIAN THOMAS JR
JC LATHAM
JERRY NEWTON
NATE WIGGINS

Reply/Quote
I like Murphy or Newton here. I'd sprint to the podium to draft them.
Clear BPA picks as the most talented DT prospects in a position with less depth in this draft.

I'd walk to the podium for Mims or Lathom. They could be great tackles.
There's better value in the 2nd/3rd though.
I wouldn't mind getting Mims or Lathom and coming back and ending up with DT McKinley later.

I'd be dissapointed in a WR here because it will be a coin flip if they are good or not--and there is better value later in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 03:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd say some that haven't been nominated could include:

BRIAN THOMAS JR
JC LATHAM
JERRY NEWTON
NATE WIGGINS

I think JC Latham, Jer'zhaun Newton, and Laitu Latu should be heavily in discussion.  For me Nate Wiggins doesn't fit the profile of a Lou CB, He's 173 pounds and hates tackling.  Cooper DeJean is a guy that Lou would love, but we already have so many hybrid safety/lb/corner guys that it just doesn't make sense.  Coopers RAS comp is Patrick Peterson, DJ Henderson, Tyrique Stevenson.  He kinda reminds me of Troy Polamalu in his play tho.  

Reply/Quote
I am switched to the trade Tee team.

I will pick Brian Thomas Jr. LSU WR

Hopefully we get an early second round to grab our OT in round 2.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 06:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am switched to the trade Tee team.

would you rather... have mike williams or tyler lockett?  

would you rather have Mike Williams or Antonio brown with great work ethic and zero personality issues?

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 06:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am switched to the trade Tee team.

Wouldn't surprise me if Latham fell a bit, would be awesome to draft Thomas Jr and get Latham early in the 2nd round with a Tee trade.

Honestly, wouldn't be AS against drafting Guyton in the early 2nd Round, just not at 18.

(04-10-2024, 07:01 PM)Okeana Wrote: would you rather... have mike williams or tyler lockett?  

would you rather have Mike Williams or Antonio brown with great work ethic and zero personality issues?

Ladd McConkey is your guy Okeana, I get it. I think McConkey CAN play on the outside unlike some who say he is only a Slot Receiver.

Still, give me Adonai Mitchell over McConkey, but it is close IMO.
Reply/Quote
I'll nominate AD Mitchell. There's some smoke teams have Mitchell over Thomas.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 11:10 AM)Synric Wrote: I'll nominate AD Mitchell. There's some smoke teams have Mitchell over Thomas.

U wanna gimme a why to the Bengals?

Reply/Quote