Other
11.69%
9 11.69%
Total 77 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 4, pick 1
People were complaining about Josh Jones' arm length...well Harrison Bryant has 30 5/8" arms and only did 13 reps. That seems freakishly small for a 6'5 TE. L'Michael Perine who is 5'11 has 32" arms and 5'8 CB Amik Robertson has 30 1/4" arms. Just something to think about. Obviously it didn't seem to hurt him at FAU but how often was he asked to block?
Reply/Quote
ADG all day. We need help at the linebacker spot bad.
Reply/Quote
I’m going with upside and potential at this point (and another tiger), give me Prince Tega.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was looking at Guards as well, but I think there will be one in the top of the next round.  I am not as fond of Ben Bartch as so many mainly because of his short arms.  I know that is why people are putting him at Guard, but I think it will still be an issue.  I like Simpson out of Clemson as a mauling RG and hope he will be there at the top of Rd 5.

Didn't we have an entire thread about how that's a complete myth and all research has shown arm length doesn't actually matter just like QB hand size? 
Reply/Quote
Voted ADG. We can fix our LB group with one draft. Not happening for our OL. And there will probably be more depth at that position in the next round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Voted ADG. We can fix our LB group with one draft. Not happening for our OL. And there will probably be more depth at that position in the next round.

Yes.  Yes.  But not sure about the next round and I'd love to get LB and OL now.  Damn I wish we had another 4th.  Come on, Jacksonville and New England.  You know you want him.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 09:10 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I can't see them going back to TE after using a 2 last year.  If they did it would speak volumes about the willingness of this coaching staff to own up to mistakes.  But I think it's still too early to write off Sample.

I voted the same way, but I don’t think using a 4th round pick on a player is admitting to a mistake. We’ll want at least 3 TE’s to rotate. Sure we could roll with what we have, but they seem to like the bottom of our TE depth chart a lot more than I do. I’d grab him here as BPA and have Uz, sample, Bryant as my top 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Voted ADG. We can fix our LB group with one draft. Not happening for our OL. And there will probably be more depth at that position in the next round.

I think the problem with that is the bengals just don’t value LB as much as basically everyone else including us. Hence the constant need for LB year after year and only using 3rd round and later picks on the position. If Wilson works out I think we can make do for another year and be quite a bit improved actually.

For starters we don’t use 3 LB’s all that often. We added what’s his name from Bal. Drafted Wilson. Have Pratt who finished the year strong, and now have 3 legit Safety’s so I think we’ll see them helping out in this roll as well. I’d love another LB but I doubt the bengals pick one here. I’d also prefer Dye for his style over ADG but I won’t complain about either. Plus maybe dye falls to the 5th? Probably not but they may not be able to pass at that point
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:34 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I think the problem with that is the bengals just don’t value LB as much as basically everyone else including us. Hence the constant need for LB year after year and only using 3rd round and later picks on the position. If Wilson works out I think we can make do for another year and be quite a bit improved actually.

For starters we don’t use 3 LB’s all that often. We added what’s his name from Bal. Drafted Wilson. Have Pratt who finished the year strong, and now have 3 legit Safety’s so I think we’ll see them helping out in this roll as well. I’d love another LB but I doubt the bengals pick one here. I’d also prefer Dye for his style over ADG but I won’t complain about either. Plus maybe dye falls to the 5th? Probably not but they may not be able to pass at that point

They value it enough to go after Schobert in FA, and use a 3rd round pick on one over OT’s like Josh Jones and others.

We need depth at the position. An injury to Pratt or Bynes, and we’re in a bad spot.

Reply/Quote
I voted "other", but upon thinking it over, I have to put my opinion toward taking ADG. The guy is just one of those "rare talents" that you simply don't walk past. I can freely admit that I never watched any of his games, but having done a little research on the player, I realized what about him is drawing so much attention. The guy is versatile. The guy lined up on the slot about 1/3 of the time, on the line about 1/3 of the time, and the rest of his snaps were traditional "in the box" reps.

How nice would it be for the Bengals to be able to keep base personnel on the field, for over 2/3 of defensive situation? The NFL is becoming more about diverse defensive talents, rather than guys who are only good at one thing. Having fast, athletic defenders like Wilson, ADG, and Pratt can get the Bengals competitive in this day and age.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:02 AM)TheSweetness Wrote: Didn't we have an entire thread about how that's a complete myth and all research has shown arm length doesn't actually matter just like QB hand size? 

Tell that to Billy Price.  He is mammoth strong, quick, what's his handicap?  Short arms. 
Reply/Quote
None, I would take FAU Harrison Bryant TE
Reply/Quote
I chose OTHER. I want Anae with the next pick.

Amongst the other choices given, I am leaning toward Prince Tega Wanogho.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Tell that to Billy Price.  He is mammoth strong, quick, what's his handicap?  Short arms. 

It couldn't be literally ANYTHING else that makes him not good? Or even a multitude of factors? It's 100% solely on his stub arms. Ok
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:01 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: It couldn't be literally ANYTHING else that makes him not good? Or even a multitude of factors? It's 100% solely on his stub arms. Ok

Yeah, it’s not just one thing with Price. He’s been terrible at both C and OG.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:01 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: It couldn't be literally ANYTHING else that makes him not good? Or even a multitude of factors? It's 100% solely on his stub arms. Ok

I don't know of any particular discussion you are talking about where you solved the mystery on short or long arms, but if my guard is a mauler, and not extremely mobile, I want him to have long arms.  Clear?  You can want whatever the hell you want out of your guard.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 08:41 AM)Fullrock Wrote: I wish we had a larger sample size of Fred Johnson because I think he's the starter at RT and I think the Bengals must think that too otherwise I think they would have taken Josh Jones. The kid was pretty good at LT the last few games. So if this is the case, we'll have a whole new right side of the line in Xavier Su'a-Filo and Johnson, and a new LT in Jonah Williams. I'm okay with Bobby Hart as a backup RT. The problem is there is zero depth at LT if something happened to Williams. For that reason, I think they go tackle in the 4th and grab either Prince or Bartch, unless there is a trade for Trent Williams in the works LOL.

I have been pushing the idea that we sign Jason Peters in FA as a bandaid RT and draft another A+ tackle in round 1 next year. He could mentor Jonah, Johnson, and the new guy if Peters stays for two years. Peters is better than Hart now (in my view). And you have bookend A+ tackles keeping Joe upright for 10 years. 

Now, IDK if the FO is in on the Peters part, but it seems like they might be buying in on the tackle part. Trading one year of spitty-ish RT play for 10 years of A+ play, rather than 10 years of B play (Jones). 

Depends on the MDs, Muti is nasty in the run game, if he is healthy, might be worth a shot. If not, ADG or Charles. Or trade down & try to get an extra pick.

As for a late round CB, I like Reid from PSU, but he is probably a 5th rounder at best.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:44 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: People were complaining about Josh Jones' arm length...well Harrison Bryant has 30 5/8" arms and only did 13 reps. That seems freakishly small for a 6'5 TE. L'Michael Perine who is 5'11 has 32" arms and 5'8 CB Amik Robertson has 30 1/4" arms. Just something to think about. Obviously it didn't seem to hurt him at FAU but how often was he asked to block?

Joe Burrow does not like to use his TE's as blockers and I hope Zac doesn't try to change that. I'd like to see them go TE but I don't think Zac is ready to admit he screwed the pooch last year in the 2nd round. I'd love to take TE Albert O. but I think they go with The Prince.

I hated Price as an early round prospect but in the 4th the promise is there
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:03 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I have been pushing the idea that we sign Jason Peters in FA as a bandaid RT and draft another A+ tackle in round 1 next year. He could mentor Jonah, Johnson, and the new guy if Peters stays for two years. Peters is better than Hart now (in my view). And you have bookend A+ tackles keeping Joe upright for 10 years. 

Now, IDK if the FO is in on the Peters part, but it seems like they might be buying in on the tackle part. Trading one year of spitty-ish RT play for 10 years of A+ play, rather than 10 years of B play (Jones). 

Depends on the MDs, Muti is nasty in the run game, if he is healthy, might be worth a shot. If not, ADG or Charles. Or trade down & try to get an extra pick.

As for a late round CB, I like Reid from PSU, but he is probably a 5th rounder at best.

I'm not sure about next year's draft of OT's. I know next year's crop of WR's will be almost as good as this one though. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:57 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I chose OTHER. I want Anae with the next pick.

Amongst the other choices given, I am leaning toward Prince Tega Wanogho.

After thinking about it I think I totally agree with you. We are going more 3-4 so a pass rush backer like Anae would make more sensee than a traditional lb. If we get an injury to Hubbard or Lawson we are screwed.
Reply/Quote