9 11.69%
Total 77 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 4, pick 1
Logan Stenberg
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:07 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'm not sure about next year's draft of OT's. I know next year's crop of WR's will be almost as good as this one though. 

That’s a bold statement. This was the best WR class in 20 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 08:14 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Pretty happy so far but still work to be done with lots of fruit still on the tree.  I think last 4 rounds we are looking at another LB, OL, DE, maybe CB.  Some possibilities:

LB   Troy Dye, ADG
OT Trey Adams, Prince Tega, Saddiq Charles
OG  Ben Bartch, Netane Muti, Jack Driscoll
C  Tyler Biadasz
DE  Curtis Weaver
CB  Amik Robertson, Bryce Hall, Troy Pride

Who would you like?

We need a DE or LB. If we don't beef up our D, Burrow will be mostly a spectator from the benches like it was last season with our defense out in the field most of the time 3:1.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:20 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We need a DE or LB. If we don't beef up our D, Burrow will be mostly a spectator from the benches like it was last season with our defense out in the field most of the time 3:1.

Did you sleep through FA? If DJ Reader is not “beefing up our d” I don’t know what is...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:09 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: After thinking about it I think I totally agree with you. We are going more 3-4 so a pass rush backer like Anae would make more sensee than a traditional lb. If we get an injury to Hubbard or Lawson we are screwed.

Alton Robinson out of Syracuse was down at Senior Bowl and got 2 sacks. Zac got to see those first hand
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you sleep through FA? If DJ Reader is not “beefing up our d” I don’t know what is...

I'm aiming for the super bowl not just for a winning season. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know of any particular discussion you are talking about where you solved the mystery on short or long arms, but if my guard is a mauler, and not extremely mobile, I want him to have long arms.  Clear?  You can want whatever the hell you want out of your guard.  

Again, it was part of a thread where someone was bashing Jonah Williams already as a stubby armed bust (even though Cedric had monster arms) along with talking about Burrows tiny hands. 

I didn't solve anything. But I took the 4 minutes needed to do a Google search to find multiple studies that have. They all determine the same thing: arm length has little significant impact. 

https://www.pff.com/news/does-arm-length-affect-ot-play

https://www.milehighreport.com/platform/amp/2015/4/9/8353255/broncos-2015-draft-arm-length-and-the-offensive-line

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/scarnecchia-offensive-tackle-arm-length-expletive-way-overrated?amp
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:20 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We need a DE or LB. If we don't beef up our D, Burrow will be mostly a spectator from the benches like it was last season with our defense out in the field most of the time 3:1.

On paper, at least, our defense is already way better than last year. But a valid point.
Reply/Quote
Lots of people want ADG. You guys/gals realize he’s hurt right? Something with his foot and knee. Give me Troy Dye
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 09:04 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I voted Other.

My guess at the pick would be TE Harrison Bryant. 1st team AP All-American in 2019 and had much better stats coming out of college than Sample. Would likely compete for starting job.

This is my pick as well
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 09:10 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I can't see them going back to TE after using a 2 last year.  If they did it would speak volumes about the willingness of this coaching staff to own up to mistakes.  But I think it's still too early to write off Sample.
Mistake?

Too early as Sample got hurt.
We lost our starting TE Eifert, needs replaced with a pass catching TE
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:30 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Lots of people want ADG. You guys/gals realize he’s hurt right? Something with his foot and knee. Give me Troy Dye

Not to worry.  ADG running well ahead in the poll.  Given the accuracy of this board last night on #33, I don't think there's any possibility we take him.  LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Mistake?

Too early as Sample got hurt.
We lost our starting TE Eifert, needs replaced with a pass catching TE

Think I said it was too early.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals can go any number of directions at 107 and I'll be happy.

With that said, I threw together a mock draft of what I'd do in day 3.

Still so much Oline talent in day 3, it's crazy.

[Image: 1gYaCxn.png]

Or

[Image: gjOYEpv.png]
Reply/Quote
There's a possibility of a 3rd Tiger being taken at the top of the 4th round. (Wanogho, Simpson)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:40 PM)Synric Wrote: There's a possibility of a 3rd Tiger being taken at the top of the 4th round. (Wanogho, Simpson)

I'd happily take either! Big Grin
Reply/Quote
This might sound crazy but could the Bengals take a RB here? Not because of need but because of contracts? I doubt it because of other needs but it wouldn’t totally surprise me.
Reply/Quote
Trade or Simpson

The Jags have too many picks coming up, they need to offer Cincy the late 5th to move up for their choice of Fromm or Eason (even if they persue a vet).

I think they'll take DE James Lynch with all their contact, but I'd risk losing him for the pick. I don't know if I'd do that for John Simpson. That's a likely day 1 starter on an inconsistent line regardless of what the staff hopes for from the young guys. I'd be thrilled with either option.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:42 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This might sound crazy but could the Bengals take a RB here? Not because of need but because of contracts? I doubt it because of other needs but it wouldn’t totally surprise me.

That's definitely a dark horse pick to me. Draft a guy to team with Williams and Anderson in case Mixon's asking price is too high.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Pro Football Focus has the ideal Bengals pick of TE Hunter Bryant. :shrug:
Reply/Quote