Poll: Would YOU Fire Zac and bring in Bill Belichick in 2024 ?
Fire Zac and bring in Bill Belichick for 2024 and beyond
Retain Zac as Head Coach for the 2024 Season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubber meets the Road - POLL (Bill Belichick or Zac)

Say the Patriots part ways with Bill Belichick at the end of this season and he says that he wants to Coach for 5 more years. 

Bill will be 72 years old next April.

Would YOU Fire Zac and bring in Bill Belichick in 2024 (Bill will likely want a lot of POWER over Staff/Roster/Burrow/Culture) ?
Reply/Quote
This is actually a tough question. Not because I think they are similar coaches, because they aren't. Belichick is obviously a superior coach with storied success and a HoF resume. That isn't up for debate. The thing that hangs me up is the impact it would have on the locker room. I think the biggest thing about Zac is he has these guys behind him 100%. The energy is great, players are happy and want to be here. Belichick is a much different type of coach and runs a very sterile environment. This is just what I have gathered over the past few years as ex-Pats players have been interviewed.

Would we have guys leave or request trades due to the firing of a coach they not only like, but believe in? If so, it can be argued that this team wouldn't be any more successful by the team Bill leaves. That's a lot of holes to fill. It would be a vastly different culture and I absolutely think it would receive a negative opinion by the players. Super Bowl appearance, conference champ appearances and a lost season due to injury ends up canning the guy? I just can't imagine it being received well.

To answer after I have typed this out, no, I don't think I would. This is something you could do in Madden but in real life I think it would have serious repercussions and backfire.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 02:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is actually a tough question. Not because I think they are similar coaches, because they aren't. Belichick is obviously a superior coach with storied success and a HoF resume. That isn't up for debate. The thing that hangs me up is the impact it would have on the locker room. I think the biggest thing about Zac is he has these guys behind him 100%. The energy is great, players are happy and want to be here. Belichick is a much different type of coach and runs a very sterile environment. This is just what I have gathered over the past few years as ex-Pats players have been interviewed.

Would we have guys leave or request trades due to the firing of a coach they not only like, but believe in? If so, it can be argued that this team wouldn't be any more successful by the team Bill leaves. That's a lot of holes to fill. It would be a vastly different culture and I absolutely think it would receive a negative opinion by the players. Super Bowl appearance, conference champ appearances and a lost season due to injury ends up canning the guy? I just can't imagine it being received well.

To answer after I have typed this out, no, I don't think I would. This is something you could do in Madden but in real life I think it would have serious repercussions and backfire.

Plus Burrow - Just how would a relationship with Bill play out for Joe ?  Bill may want to Control Joe to a certain degree.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 02:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is actually a tough question. Not because I think they are similar coaches, because they aren't. Belichick is obviously a superior coach with storied success and a HoF resume. That isn't up for debate. The thing that hangs me up is the impact it would have on the locker room. I think the biggest thing about Zac is he has these guys behind him 100%. The energy is great, players are happy and want to be here. Belichick is a much different type of coach and runs a very sterile environment. This is just what I have gathered over the past few years as ex-Pats players have been interviewed.

KillerGoose talked me out of the GOAT HC for heck sake lol  Hilarious

Belichick is getting up there and his Pats have looked terrible this year, Zac has a lot to work on but he is still very young for a HC.

We still can make the moves to get this team right back to the SB with Zac and his relationship with the players. Too much turnover 
with Belichick and we wouldn't know how long it would take. I want to win a SB next season in New Orleans with Trey and Sam still
on the team.
Reply/Quote
I would hard pass on Bill. The Pats have been in a downward spiral since Brady left. Plus you know he would bring in McDaniels as his OC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely not. While I might entertain the idea of MB telling Zac he needs to let the OC call the plays, I do not think there is a better head coach in the league when it comes to being a Head Coach.
Reply/Quote
Bill Belichick would be disastrous for the Bengals...not that he would ever take a job here. He wants, and demands, absolute control over everything. No way would the Brown/Blackburn family concede that level of control to an HC. But imagine the ongoing power struggle if he did. He is used to an owner who gives him everything and anything he wants. He wouldn't get that in Cincinnati. It would put the team into a permanent sense of turmoil that they do not want nor need.
I just don't think his style of coaching resonates with today's players. He was great during his Super Bowl years but now what you hear from NE is news of toxic locker rooms, and players not living up to skill level.

Zac has issues but I'd rather put him in charge than Bill

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Pretty much my thoughts, too. I would also add that this probably also means getting rid of Anarumo as well and we know how some feel about that on here.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This reminds me of when Peyton Manning was going to be a FA and we were saying we'd rather stick with Dalton than risk shaking things up. If we didn't like the idea of replacing Dalton with a QB who had an MVP season left in him, I don't see why we'd shake things up with ZT and Bill Bellyache.

I get that Bill's success is behind him, but I also have a hard time imagining that Burrow being as addicted to winning as he is wouldn't be able to see eye-to-eye with a dude with 8 SB rings. Well, it ain't gonna happen, so let's just assume it would be terrible. The closest thing we'd see to this would be if he goes to the Chargers.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 02:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: KillerGoose talked me out of the GOAT HC for heck sake lol  Hilarious

Belichick is getting up there and his Pats have looked terrible this year, Zac has a lot to work on but he is still very young for a HC.

We still can make the moves to get this team right back to the SB with Zac and his relationship with the players. Too much turnover 
with Belichick and we wouldn't know how long it would take. I want to win a SB next season in New Orleans with Trey and Sam still
on the team.

Same...............

Hilarious

While I do disagree with some of Zac's decisions, let's not forget that he has taken us to two AFCC games and one Super Bowl, coming within a tackle being able to hold his block for a split second longer to let Burrow throw a touchdown pass to Chase to win it, so Zac hasn't been bad.

Zac did all of that with piss-poor excuses for offensive lines, so who's to say that another coach could be anywhere near as successful? Give Zac a decent o line (and fire Pollack) before we make any decisions like that.

I do realize that Burrow has been the biggest part of his success, but do you really want to risk Burrow not being as successful under a new coach?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 03:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I do realize that Burrow has been the biggest part of his success, but do you really want to risk Burrow not being as successful under a new coach?

Interesting viewpoint.  Which HCs active now would you trade straight up for ZT?
Reply/Quote
So people wouldn't take a coach that took a QB who was one of the best in the league (just like Burrow) to multiple SBs and won multiple rings over a coach who hasn't? I would take Bill in a second. I know that he values a good OL defense and run game. I know that he's able to make adjustments and if something happens have a backup QB take the reigns and look good. The ONLY thing that would make me hesitant is his age. That's it. But if he's still able to do it mentally then I would be 10000% for it.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 03:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting viewpoint.  Which HCs active now would you trade straight up for ZT?

I'd have to think about it and I'm too hungry to think.

I'm going to drink a Spark, eat something, go wave to buses, and then I'll try and answer.

I honestly don't know if I'd trade any because would we want to (possibly) waste another year while the new coach gets his program installed?

Fire Pollack before Zac.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 04:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So people wouldn't take a coach that took a QB who was one of the best in the league (just like Burrow) to multiple SBs and won multiple rings over a coach who hasn't? I would take Bill in a second. I know that he values a good OL defense and run game. I know that he's able to make adjustments and if something happens have a backup QB take the reigns and look good. The ONLY thing that would make me hesitant is his age. That's it. But if he's still able to do it mentally then I would be 10000% for it.

Yeah this all seems pretty odd. ZT has been here 4 seasons and half of them were/are a complete waste of time because Burrow wasn't playing but we're entertaining the idea that ZT himself is the actual Jenga piece keeping this tower together? It don't add up.

But real life here, ZT is going to be the HC here for probably another 15+ years, so it's all talk.  We'll see how he plays out the stretch here, but if he can't win a game without Burrow it's hard to believe that he's particularly essential to keeping our SB window open.  Seems pretty dismissive of Burrow to act like he'd regress or be slow leaning a new system when other NFL teams who have lost their QBs are flirting with the playoffs while we are thinking about draft time.
Reply/Quote
I'd pass. Not sure about Bill anymore. Pre and Post Brady record has done some damage in my eyes.

Maybe if he was 10 years younger and Zac hadn't at least taken the team deep in the playoffs twice.

Bill would have Burrow* and that can close the gap between Brady and any other QB's he has worked with and ended up failing to win with.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 04:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'd pass. Not sure about Bill anymore. Pre and Post Brady record has done some damage in my eyes.

Maybe if he was 10 years younger and Zac hadn't at least taken the team deep in the playoffs twice.

Bill would have Burrow* and that can close the gap between Brady and any other QB's he has worked with and ended up failing to win with.

Makes me wonder what Bill is thinking.

It would do his REP good if he could win another Super Bowl without Brady even though he has a Hall of Fame REP.

Just how much credit would Bill get if he did it with Burrow ?

He probably hopes to stay with the Patriots, maybe get a High pick 1st round QB and hope to Win it all that way without Brady.

He may be motivated to keep Coaching just because of the but he "did it with Brady" thing.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 03:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting viewpoint.  Which HCs active now would you trade straight up for ZT?

Also - Which Team would hire Zac if he were available in 2024 ?

I think that he would garner interest. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 05:08 PM)depthchart Wrote: Makes me wonder what Bill is thinking.

It would do his REP good if he could win another Super Bowl without Brady even though he has a Hall of Fame REP.

Just how much credit would Bill get if he did it with Burrow ?

He probably hopes to stay with the Patriots, maybe get a High pick 1st round QB and hope to Win it all that way without Brady.

He may be motivated to keep Coaching just because of the but he "did it with Brady" thing.

I'd certainly want to get close to one without Brady. Especially given Brady won one a the year he left, so any questions if Bill made him were put to rest.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 05:44 PM)depthchart Wrote: Also - Which Team would hire Zac if he were available in 2024 ?

I think that he would garner interest. 

As HC maybe but would he get interest as an OC or will everyone credit Burrow. Winning without Burrow would do wonders for his OC chops (if his OC rep without Burrow isn't already too far damaged).

Reply/Quote
i would perfer a real OC and OL coach
Reply/Quote