Poll: Would YOU Fire Zac and bring in Bill Belichick in 2024 ?
Fire Zac and bring in Bill Belichick for 2024 and beyond
Retain Zac as Head Coach for the 2024 Season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubber meets the Road - POLL (Bill Belichick or Zac)
(11-30-2023, 03:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting viewpoint.  Which HCs active now would you trade straight up for ZT?

In no particular order: Andy Reid, Nick Sirianni, Kyle Shanahan, Dan Campbell, Kevin Stefanski, Sean McVay, John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, Mike McDaniel, Demeco Ryans, Mike Vrabel, Pete Carroll, Doug Pederson, Bill Belichick.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 02:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not shocked by the results, a bird in the hand and all that...plus BB is never coming here even if we had a huge hole at HC going into 2024.  With that being said, it is interesting how people watched BB and Brady win 6 SBs and look at our team with a should-be HOF QB locked down and an ailing defense and think...well, hard to tell if brining that system here would wreck things.

If someone asked if BB and McDaniels should go coach in Carolina I'd say "Nah" but here?  Burrow is addicted to winning but keep that HC with 8 SB rings away, he's poison!  Meh, press X to doubt.

Yeah I don’t think it’ll happen either for a variety of reasons. But the thought that burrow would not accept Belicheck as his coach makes zero sense. He wants to win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 02:42 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I agree that games are won in the trenches. Just look at Brady’s three Super Bowl losses. What was the common theme? He was facing a dominant dline and they were in his face all day.

The bengals need to improve their oline and dline. We lost the Super Bowl because we couldn’t block an elite dline. I was confident the eagles would win last year because of their dline, but there was some kind of issue with the turf that had an impact on that.

I have a lot of confidence in Lou. Losing your two starting safeties is hard on the defense, especially when they are elite players in their prime. Bates is having a hell of a year this year, btw. A common theme with a lot of Super Bowl winners and overall dominant defenses in years past is elite safety play. Patriots, Steelers, ravens, Seahawks are a few that come to mind. I like Dax and Battle, and think they can develop into elite players in time. Lou is a big part of that.

I just think Belicheck is a better coach than Zac. He was the perfect coach to pair with Brady. He knows how to attack other teams weaknesses and gameplan for opponents. To me Zac often runs the same stuff no matter who we play (and there are times where it feels like he’s banging his head against the wall trying the same stuff over and over). Yet, I thought we played our best games this year against the bills and 9ers and were well prepared for those games. But that is 2/11 games.

I get burrow was hurt this year, but anyone with a winning mentality knows what excuses are good for. Winners are constantly learning, adapting, refining, evaluating, etc. Belicheck is elite in this regard. If he were available he would be my top candidate to pair with burrow and let him bring in his choice for OC and Oline/dline coach. It won’t happen, but man would it be awesome.

We just have to hope Zac learns and our young players develop and yes, it starts with the trenches out. Belichick has always been
great at taking away team's strengths no doubt and this was a hard poll to answer honestly because Belichick has been good at what
Zac has not. Like you said, adaptation and adjustments. You have to play every team different, every team is different.

It is weird when we play top teams in the 49ers and the Bills we can dominate them at times and then struggle with a Texans team 
that has a much weaker roster than us, nothing against the Texans, they are a good, young up and coming team but we shouldn't of 
lost to them. Let alone played as bad as we did on Defense. Same with the Titans and that pathetic showing even if Burrow was hurt.
Reply/Quote
uuuuhhhmmm...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 02:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: I would hard pass on Bill.  The Pats have been in a downward spiral since Brady left.  Plus you know he would bring in McDaniels as his OC.

You say this as if Mcdaniels is worse than Zac as a playcaller.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 10:24 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: You say this as if Mcdaniels is worse than Zac as a playcaller.

Any time your team's defense holds 3 opponents to a total of 23 points and you still lose all 3 of those games, all signals point toward some bad offensive play calling.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 09:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Any time your team's defense holds 3 opponents to a total of 23 points and you still lose all 3 of those games, all signals point toward some bad offensive play calling.

Mcdaniels was OC with Bellichek and they won multiple SBs together. I'll take that over Taylor. You could argue that it was more Brady than Mcdaniels; sure, but Joe Burrow is a Brady in the making if he manages to stay healthy.  I'll take the guy who's won with a HOF QB over someone who hasn't.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 12:01 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Mcdaniels was OC with Bellichek and they won multiple SBs together. I'll take that over Taylor. You could argue that it was more Brady than Mcdaniels; sure, but Joe Burrow is a Brady in the making if he manages to stay healthy.  I'll take the guy who's won with a HOF QB over someone who hasn't.

Based upon body of work, I would swap Callahan for McDaniels.  The thing is would Zac and Joe buy into any offensive game plans that vary from what Joe likes to run? (spread 'em out and send 'em)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 12:01 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Mcdaniels was OC with Bellichek and they won multiple SBs together. I'll take that over Taylor. You could argue that it was more Brady than Mcdaniels; sure, but Joe Burrow is a Brady in the making if he manages to stay healthy.  I'll take the guy who's won with a HOF QB over someone who hasn't.

The reports regarding McDaniels out of Vegas are pretty ugly.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 03:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: The reports regarding McDaniels out of Vegas are pretty ugly.

Yep, as much as we all wish Zac and Callahan were better than they are, I don't like McDaniels either.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 03:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: The reports regarding McDaniels out of Vegas are pretty ugly.

So don't make him a head coach with personal decisions and make him strictly an offensive coordinator? 

Mcdaniels knows football, but he has the emotional IQ of a dullard. That doesn't make him a bad OC. If that were the case, he wouldn't have managed to coordinate an offense to multiple SB victories.
Reply/Quote

:lmao:

Reply/Quote