Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ruler of the Jungle-playoff game
(01-04-2022, 01:49 PM)jason Wrote: I'd say JB, Domata Peko, or Sam Wyche's family.

Peko would be awesome !
Reply/Quote
I’ll do it. I’m just as pretty as Kay Adams.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 01:56 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I’ll do it. I’m just as pretty as Kay Adams.

Then you got my vote!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is there a list of everyone that’s already done it? I was going to say it should be JB, but google tells me he already has.

Who is JB?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:26 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Who is JB?

Jim Breech, kicker. Maybe?

Oops or James Brooks, RB.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:26 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Who is JB?

James Brown bengals super fan

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/24/bengals-reveal-ruler-of-jungle-ritual-superfan-james-brown/
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 01:49 PM)jason Wrote: I'd say JB, Domata Peko, or Sam Wyche's family.

Let's kick it off right, Wyche's fam it is....last HC to win a playoff game here. Correct the wrong.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
How about Ickey Woods?

[Image: tumblr_inline_nur7sxL6ks1ryu53m_540.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm such a hater but I can't stand Lapham.

With that being said, I think it would be cool for him to do. He's earned it.

Munoz would also be a great choice.

What?! Anyone that hates Dave should be Ban

I love listening to his call at the games.  So annoyed that for some reason they've gone to a longer delay on the broadcast. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:56 PM)pally Wrote: JB did the one home preseason game

Minnesota- Bob Johnson
Jags- Ken Anderson, Anthony Munoz, Ken Riley family
Packers-Zach Apple-Olympic swimming medalist
Browns-Chad Johnson
Steelers-Willie Anderson
Chargers-Duke Ragan-Olympic boxing medalist
49ers-Kay Adams
Ravens-Jim Foster (Bengal Jim's BTR)-Bengals Fan of the Year

Bengal Jim was this past week; the Ravens was Max Montoya Wink

And while I think Lapham would be good, if we're going to keep the OL theme going, I would pick one of:

- Bobbie
- Boling
- Braham
- Brilz (all Bs!)

All were great players on their respective teams. Brilz gets no love because of the poor squads he was on, but he was a rock at C for 5 years and made the transition to Braham a smooth one.

BUT! Krumrie I think should be the next guy, IMO.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
How about Devon and Leah Still?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:56 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Invite this guy and reverse the curse.

[Image: boraiders89pf-1_large.jpg?v=1496261166]
He would also have to bury a hatchet, take a monkey off WhoDey's back, or some other curse breaking ritual.
(01-04-2022, 03:02 PM)AttackZ Wrote: How about Devon and Leah Still?
Love it! This is really good idea!
Reply/Quote
How About Housh? or Willie Anderson
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 01:56 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I’ll do it. I’m just as pretty as Kay Adams.

Damn straight you are.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How about Ickey Woods?

[Image: tumblr_inline_nur7sxL6ks1ryu53m_540.jpg]

I'm going to be that guy and quote myself. After deep reflection, I like the Ickey suggestion. From the Ickey shuffle to the Chase griddy. I got a dance theme going on here, let's bring Ickey in.
Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 04:23 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Carson Palmer?

[Image: giphy.gif]

I'm not sure some fans would be on board because of how he parted ways with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:30 PM)pally Wrote: Who should get the honor of being the Ruler of the Jungle for the playoff game?  

I went through a lot of people.  I first thought maybe Mike Brown deserved it.  He's old and should get to celebrate the success.  Then I thought of Luke Fickell.  It would be a great chance to celebrate UC's great season.  

I also thought about ex players like Issac Curtis, Reggie Williams, Bob Trumpy, or David Fulcher.

Then, in almost an evil way thought, why not give it to Marvin Lewis but decided that would kind of be mean.

Boomer or Collinsworth would be great choices but they have to work that weekend.

Then I arrived at who I think is the perfect choice. The team is 4-0 when an OL was Ruler of the Jungle (5-0 when you add Bengal Jim and his RT high school experience). Who has been associated with the Bengals for over 40 years and has seen it all...the good, the bad, and the very ugly?  Who else in this city bleeds as much orange as he does? Who else do we turn to when we need a dose of unabashed homerism?

The next Ruler of the Jungle should be none other than Dave Lapham

what do you think?

Maybe Rose Lavelle, the USWNT star who helped win the world cup?
She's a Cincinnati native.

Or maybe a Reds player like Griffey?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 04:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I'm not sure some fans would be on board because of how he parted ways with the Bengals.

I was joking with that suggestion

Although he would he would get the fans fired up for sure just not in a positive way. Don’t think the Bengals would want the Ruler of the Jungle to be wearing a Cardinals jersey.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 04:40 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I was joking with that suggestion

Although he would he would get the fans fired up for sure just not in a positive way.  Don’t think the Bengals would want the Ruler of the Jungle to be wearing a Cardinals jersey.

Yeah, I'm also just kidding around with the crickets. He can wear a Cardinals jersey and we'll bring in Willie with a Ravens jersey on since the HoF voting picture seems to think he should wearing the Ratbirds gear.
Reply/Quote