Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ruler of the Jungle-playoff game
There can only be one...

[Image: FBHH3C7WQAYsgxd?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 09:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: There can only be one...

[Image: FBHH3C7WQAYsgxd?format=jpg&name=900x900]

How did we miss Dusty?  Shame on us.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 09:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: How did we miss Dusty?  Shame on us.

I think it would be hilarious to have that cart show up at some point.

Someone needs to get a huge sign that says "Dusty for MVC" and hold it up in the stands.

Get that TV crew scratching their heads.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 09:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think it would be hilarious to have that cart show up at some point.

Someone needs to get a huge sign that says "Dusty for MVC" and hold it up in the stands.

Get that TV crew scratching their heads.

And Joe Thomas can stand next to Dusty and look stupid, or, like Joe Thomas.  
Reply/Quote
I sent an email to them requesting Woody Harrelson come and lift the curse.
Reply/Quote
Comedian Gary Owen is a big Bengals fan. He was recently on the New Stripe City podcast with Ace and Zim, and it was a great interview. He really knows his stuff when it comes to the team and it’s history. I think they should get him to do it at some point.

Any of the celeb fans would probably be pretty tough to get on short notice though. Scheduling conflicts and whatnot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Someone mentioned putting Elizabeth Blackburn as it and I think it's a great idea...

... except it would kinda feel like the person who throws their own birthday party, plans everything, invites everyone, sets it all up, only for it to be THEIR bday lol,
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 05:29 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: What about these guys…and blow the stadium away….and a live performance

I saw them at PBS....in 2016, and they're STILL on tour, lol. It was actually a good damn show.

(I think the tour actually ended in 2019)

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:56 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Invite this guy and reverse the curse.

[Image: boraiders89pf-1_large.jpg?v=1496261166]

Came here precisely to say this.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:53 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Someone mentioned putting Elizabeth Blackburn as it and I think it's a great idea...

... except it would kinda feel like the person who throws their own birthday party, plans everything, invites everyone, sets it all up, only for it to be THEIR bday lol,

I almost made this suggestion because she's completed work to bring the Bengals up to professional NFL standards such as the ring of honor and added some excitement to the team by recognizing the good history.. buuuuut as you said, it would come off as narcissistic and she's probably the first to recognize as much.

I've reviewed the thread and declare Awful Llama the winner. Bring in Bo Jackson. We must rectify this:

[Image: r43631_1296x729_16-9.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 10:19 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I almost made this suggestion because she's completed work to bring the Bengals up to professional NFL standards such as the ring of honor and added some excitement to the team by recognizing the good history.. buuuuut as you said, it would come off as narcissistic and she's probably the first to recognize as much.

I've reviewed the thread and declare Awful Llama the winner. Bring in Bo Jackson. We must rectify this:

[Image: r43631_1296x729_16-9.jpg]

Thanks, TB.  I don't know what to say - I have nothing prepared.  

Thing is, I think he would do it.  He knows he'd be feted like a returning hero by the club and the fans. There'd be a huge roar when his name was announced.  A day in the spotlight in front of a national football audience.  He could do it in the name of his "Bo Bikes Bama" charity and get $34 donations from all the Cincinnati fans.  

I hate to just push Woody, Icky and Dusty aside, especially since Dusty's done a yeoman's job for us this year, but dammit, this could work!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 11:33 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Thanks, TB.  I don't know what to say - I have nothing prepared.  

Thing is, I think he would do it.  He knows he'd be feted like a returning hero by the club and the fans. There'd be a huge roar when his name was announced.  A day in the spotlight in front of a national football audience.  He could do it in the name of his "Bo Bikes Bama" charity and get $34 donations from all the Cincinnati fans.  

I hate to just push Woody, Icky and Dusty aside, especially since Dusty's done a yeoman's job for us this year, but dammit, this could work!

Bo was aa Raider. He was never a Cincinnati fan. Why would he do it? I doubt they pay people to do it, but maybe they do. It'd be kind of like asking one of us to go be ruler of the toilet at Heinz field. Would you really want to?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bo was aa Raider. He was never a Cincinnati fan. Why would he do it? I doubt they pay people to do it, but maybe they do. It'd be kind of like asking one of us to go be ruler of the toilet at Heinz field. Would you really want to?

I explained in my post why I thought he might do it, the tie-in to his charity. Could raise some big bucks. And, the Raider/Bengals relationship is nothing like the Bengal/Steeler relationship from a hostility standpoint.   

Look, even though I and many here like the idea (see all the thumbs-up I got), it's not happening anyway.  They'll probably pick another Cincinnati Olympic athlete or something.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I explained in my post why he would do it.  The Raider/Bengals relationship is nothing like the Bengal/Steeler relationship, and we all know that.  

Look, even though I and many here like the idea (see all the thumbs-up I got), it's not happening anyway, so don't worry about it.  They'll probably pick another Cincinnati Olympic athlete or something.  

I'm not worried about it, just discussing the possibilities as there is not much else going on on the board today Wink

BTW, I saw a preview to the "Burrow Mic'ed up" they put up. He's on the sideline yelling at Ja'Marr after his long touchdown run telling him he was looking slow out there. I can't wait till they release the whole thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not worried about it, just discussing the possibilities as there is not much else going on on the board today Wink

BTW, I saw a preview to the "Burrow Mic'ed up" they put up. He's on the sideline yelling at Ja'Marr after his long touchdown run telling him he was looking slow out there. I can't wait till they release the whole thing.

Damnit, you quoted before I could soften my angry response LOL

Outside of Bo and the curse and all that, I'd like to see a former Bengal get it, so they could get a nice welcome and be king for a day.  Ickey would be my first choice in that regard.   That would be fun. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:33 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Damnit, you quoted before I could soften my angry response LOL

Outside of Bo and the curse and all that, I'd like to see a former Bengal get it, so they could get a nice welcome and be king for a day.  Ickey would be my first choice in that regard.   That would be fun. 

Ickey would be awesome. I also think Peko up there would be amazing.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bo was aa Raider. He was never a Cincinnati fan. Why would he do it? I doubt they pay people to do it, but maybe they do. It'd be kind of like asking one of us to go be ruler of the toilet at Heinz field. Would you really want to?

It's all about the superstition of appeasing the football gods for wrecking Bo Jackson's NFL career. Repent, seek Bo's blessing, and go win a Super Bowl. If only it were this easy...  LMAO
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ickey would be awesome. I also think Peko up there would be amazing.

Yeah, from Ickey shuffle to the Chase griddy. Bring him in!
Reply/Quote