Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run it, Walk it, Burn it
(04-11-2024, 11:37 AM)Nepa Wrote: Something tells me there's not going to be a lot of agreement on pick 18.

Eh, I think Show will really warm up to Mims once he watches some film. I was the same way early on about Mims until I watched the film.

Dude looks fantastic in those limited snaps, better than anyone in this class besides Alt IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, I think Show will really warm up to Mims once he watches some film. I was the same way early on about Mims until I watched the film.

Dude looks fantastic in those limited snaps, better than anyone in this class besides Alt IMO.

I doubt it's Mims' play on the field that has folks concerned.  It's the fact that he's never on the field.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 01:24 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Run:  Murphy.  Others have said this is a deep draft at DT.  It's not.  Get that Rankins/BJ/Murphy rotation going on the inside; Trey/Sam/the other Murphy on the outside.

Walk:  Any OT not named Guyton.

Burn:  Thomas.  Route running needs polished and there's a group of 2nd round WR's who are better fits.  But I do like the name.

Help me out here.... I see a lot of Guyton hate, but I don't get it. I must be missing something. Please give me your take on him so I can deep dive into this guy some more.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 02:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: I doubt it's Mims' play on the field that has folks concerned.  It's the fact that he's never on the field.  

True, he is still really young though and is not dealing with an injury right now like Latham apparently is.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 03:40 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Help me out here.... I see a lot of Guyton hate, but I don't get it. I must be missing something. Please give me your take on him so I can deep dive into this guy some more.

No Guyton hate here, he is a heck of an athlete.  But most scouting reports have him as more of a project than the other guys.  If we could trade back and get him early in the second I would be OK with it but still wouldn't love it.  Any tackle at we take at 18 better be ready to help NOW.
Reply/Quote
Run - Brock Bowers (although Joe Alt or Rome Odunze would also be in this category for me if I thought there's even a remote chance)

Walk - JC Latham/Taliese Fuaga

Burn - Any of the DEs

I know some think you can't have too many pass rushers, but the Bengals already have Hendrickson and Hubbard signed for the next two years and they just drafted a DE with the 1st pick last year. I want them to get someone who has a clear opportunity to start next season if not this one.
If Bengals want a pass rusher, I'd prefer an IDL with Hill in the final year under contract. Newton or Murphy.
But I heavily lean offense for 1st round this year with how stacked the pass catchers and OL are in the 1st round.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Run - Brock Bowers (although Joe Alt or Rome Odunze would also be in this category for me if I thought there's even a remote chance)

Burn - Any of the DEs

I know some think you can't have too many pass rushers, but the Bengals already have Hendrickson and Hubbard signed for the next two years and they just drafted a DE with the 1st pick last year. I want them to get someone who has a good shot to play 400+ snaps as a rookie and have clear opportunity to start next season if not this one.
If Bengals want a pass rusher, I'd prefer an IDL with Hill in the final year under contract. Newton or Murphy.
But I heavily lean offense for 1st round this year with how stacked the pass catchers and OL are in the 1st round.

What makes Brock Bowers special is how effective he becomes as a runner once he gets the ball in his hands.

He was used on sweeps and short passes just so he could run with the ball and elude tacklers.

Wide receiver Malachai Corley could also be added as a Boyd replacement and he is elusive with some power for yards after the catch as well.

*That could be a Solid Group of Chase, TEE, Corley & Bowers in 2024  

(There may be other good Boyd replacements as well other than Corley but he may be around in round 3 as an option)
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Run - Brock Bowers (although Joe Alt or Rome Odunze would also be in this category for me if I thought there's even a remote chance)

Burn - Any of the DEs

I know some think you can't have too many pass rushers, but the Bengals already have Hendrickson and Hubbard signed for the next two years and they just drafted a DE with the 1st pick last year. I want them to get someone who has a clear opportunity to start next season if not this one.

3 tech is worse than edge, with Hill and Rankins, though.  Not saying I want an Edge rusher, but they can sub for Hubbard or Hendrickson, along with Murphy, creating more opportunities for snaps.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 12:42 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: No Guyton hate here, he is a heck of an athlete.  But most scouting reports have him as more of a project than the other guys.  If we could trade back and get him early in the second I would be OK with it but still wouldn't love it.  Any tackle at we take at 18 better be ready to help NOW.

To me, Brown actually gives you the luxury of taking a guy like Guyton who is raw, but has great long term potential and letting them develop for a year.
Reply/Quote
Roll at a very high speed- Bowers. Everyone knows my position here. I'd immediately put very large sums of money on us winning the ship, Bowers for ROY, and Burrow winning MVP.

Crawl- Any tackle. Don't get me wrong because it's our biggest position of need, especially since next year's draft class isn't nearly as strong, but I just don't trust Pollack to coach a draft pick well enough to make it worthy of a first round pick. If we do pick one, I'll cheer for him and put my bias aside, but I just don't trust the value there. I'd rather take a guy with sleeper potential in the third or fourth and just hope they can develop since their ceiling would be just as limited under Pollack.

Burn it- Thomas. I just don't think he's worth the first round pick. He's sloppy with his route running and isn't all that physical. He is a solid deep threat, which would be money for Burrow, but I also want a guy that will be where Burrow expects him to be and that can be more physical. Receivers are a dime a dozen, and I get that there's exceptions that make guys worthy of a high pick, but I don't think Thomas is one of them.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 01:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Roll at a very high speed- Bowers. Everyone knows my position here. I'd immediately put very large sums of money on us winning the ship, Bowers for ROY, and Burrow winning MVP.

Crawl- Any tackle. Don't get me wrong because it's our biggest position of need, especially since next year's draft class isn't nearly as strong, but I just don't trust Pollack to coach a draft pick well enough to make it worthy of a first round pick. If we do pick one, I'll cheer for him and put my bias aside, but I just don't trust the value there. I'd rather take a guy with sleeper potential in the third or fourth and just hope they can develop since their ceiling would be just as limited under Pollack.

Burn it- Thomas. I just don't think he's worth the first round pick. He's sloppy with his route running and isn't all that physical. He is a solid deep threat, which would be money for Burrow, but I also want a guy that will be where Burrow expects him to be and that can be more physical. Receivers are a dime a dozen, and I get that there's exceptions that make guys worthy of a high pick, but I don't think Thomas is one of them.

Gotta kind of disagree on Tackle and Thomas Jr Brad. If there is one thing that could help Pollack out it would be to get a polished Tackle 
rather than a guy that needs a lot of work. Brian Thomas Jr is about the only outside WR that would be available at 18 that wouldn't be 
a reach. We have lots of Slot Recievers. Chase, Chuck, Irwin, Gesicki can all play Slot. We need speed on the outside to take the top off of
Defenses. Iosivas can do this and of course so can Chase, but speed on the outside is missing besides these 2 guys.

Tee isn't near as fast as Brian Thomas Jr on the field IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 01:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: What makes Brock Bowers special is how effective he becomes as a runner once he gets the ball in his hands.

He was used on sweeps and short passes just so he could run with the ball and elude tacklers.

Wide receiver Malachai Corley could also be added as a Boyd replacement and he is elusive with some power for yards after the catch as well.

*That could be a Solid Group of Chase, TEE, Corley & Bowers in 2024  

(There may be other good Boyd replacements as well other than Corley but he may be around in round 3 as an option)

So true on Brock Bowers. He adds that element to an Offense that is rare, we only have Chase that can do the YAC stuff Bowers can do.

Would really like to add Malachi Corley in the 2nd or 3rd round as long as we get the Tackle positions taken care of on both sides of the ball...

RT and NT need to be added and what is nice about NT is they can be had in the mid rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 02:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true on Brock Bowers. He adds that element to an Offense that is rare, we only have Chase that can do the YAC stuff Bowers can do.

Would really like to add Malachi Corley in the 2nd or 3rd round as long as we get the Tackle positions taken care of on both sides of the ball...

RT and NT need to be added and what is nice about NT is they can be had in the mid rounds.

Who are your Top 2 or 3 Mid Round NTs ?
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 02:30 PM)depthchart Wrote: Who are your Top 2 or 3 Mid Round NTs ?

I know you weren't asking me, but there's only one other NT I'd want other than Sweat, and that's McKinnley Jackson.
I'd be ok taking him in Rd 3. I have him in the 90-110 range.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 01:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Roll at a very high speed- 

Crawl

Cool and good sense of humor, Brad.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know you weren't asking me, but there's only one other NT I'd want other than Sweat, and that's McKinnley Jackson.

Not a Byron Murphy fan? 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 02:30 PM)depthchart Wrote: Who are your Top 2 or 3 Mid Round NTs ?

McKinnley Jackson, Kris Jenkins and Dorlus are my guys in the mid rounds. Sweat will probably be there too, but I don't want him unless 
it is after one of these guys after his dumbass DUI during Draft month.

(04-12-2024, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know you weren't asking me, but there's only one other NT I'd want other than Sweat, and that's McKinnley Jackson.

There are other NT's that are good too, but yeah, McKinnely is my #1 in the mid rounds.

(04-12-2024, 02:47 PM)Nepa Wrote: Cool and good sense of humor, Brad.

Yeah, pretty funny Brad. Smirk
Reply/Quote

I usually include McKinnley in most Mocks that I do.

After Sweat's DWI - How far do you think he will fall ?     

I think that he will end up being a Raven but it would be nice to get McKinnley & Sweat.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 02:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Not a Byron Murphy fan? 

He was asking mid rounds...
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 02:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Not a Byron Murphy fan? 

I don't consider a 297 lb DT to be a 0T/1T. I have him as my #1/2 3T.
Should I be considering him as someone who can take Reader's spot and the run game not suffer from a smaller dude being in there?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote