Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Bodine was...
(10-11-2016, 07:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have said for the last couple weeks that Bodine is improving. Folks just dislike Bodine so they cannot give him credit.

Did he have a great game? Nope, was he one of our better performers? Sure.

Folks need to understand that he is currently not the weak link of  this Oline.

Not the weakEST.....but weak nonetheless.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have said for the last couple weeks that Bodine is improving. Folks just dislike Bodine so they cannot give him credit.

He's the 2nd weakest link, and still pretty bad. He had a good game against Suh, I'll give him that. But he still struggles and gets pushed back more often than not.

Difference is, Ogubehi has been very bad and struggles down the stretch in games. He gets in the way and pushes rather than engage in blocks and anhcors. He just moves his legs more than he should.

Don't go by PFF. They don't give detail like they once did and their grading system has been shotty as years have gone on.

Can you tell me why Gio was given a 51.9 grade? Because I got nothin.

The Bengals have two weak pieces. Bodine and Ogubehi. So 3 out of 5 good O-linemen doesn't make us have a great line anymore. We've been spoiled. And it's not going to get better if they really want Ogubehi to be the successor to Whit and Fisher to take over at RT.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:36 PM)milksheikh Wrote: ... the highest graded Bengals player (by PFF) in the Dallas game....

I'm gonna let you guys discuss this Big Grin

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/10/11/13236936/bengals-week-5-pro-football-focus-grades-tell-story-of-struggles-in-dallas

PFF just lost all credibility listing Bodine as a decent performer and anyone on the defense having anything but a negative score. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:36 PM)milksheikh Wrote: ... the highest graded Bengals player (by PFF) in the Dallas game....

I'm gonna let you guys discuss this Big Grin

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/10/11/13236936/bengals-week-5-pro-football-focus-grades-tell-story-of-struggles-in-dallas
Just watching on TV and you know this is wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: A la "Nasty" Nate Livings?  Another Piano Man "project"? LMAO

No, he got it from 5th rounder Otis Hudson!
Reply/Quote

Sure, Bodine has been giving more effort.  He should have looked better, as Dallas runs an even front, and he did not have a large man directly over him every snap.  However, when Dallas wanted to come up the middle, they did so with ease.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 03:14 PM)MentalRage Wrote: There is no way anyone can convince me that Bodine (77.7) had a better game than Gio (51.9) did.

Yeah, that is a joke right there..

Don't put stock in PFF people.
Reply/Quote