Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Glasgow
I wouldn’t be surprised to see them out there for training camp, or the end of it at least. In general ACLs are nine months to a year so he should be ready to go by September at least.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 10:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, Ringo showed very well.  If he carries that momentum into camp with him, it will make the DT situation very interesting.

If given a fair shot I could see Ringo competing with Billings.  His stats, though in short time, would put him on equal standings going into camp.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:45 PM)pally Wrote: He was placed on IR last season, in week 4 I think, after tearing his ACL in the previous game.  He should be ready for training camp.   We haven't talked a lot about him but he was showing improvement in each game before he got hurt.  He'll be 10 months out from the injury when training camp starts

However, Atkins and Billings are still the starters at DT.  Josh Tupou is the other veteran DT. He tore his pectoral in November ending up on IR also last year.  Andrew Brown was on the PS last year.

If I had to guess, the DTs will be Atkins, Billings, Glasgow, with Tupou and Brown fighting it out for the last position.  I had Wren penciled in for PS.  He's not ready quite yet.

I would be surprised if that is the case.  My guess might be that Glasgow starts the season on the PUP list, and Wren is the backup NT.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 06:38 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If given a fair shot I could see Ringo competing with Billings.  His stats, though in short time, would put him on equal standings going into camp.

Except Ringo plays defensive end not tackle

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 07:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would be surprised if that is the case.  My guess might be that Glasgow starts the season on the PUP list, and Wren is the backup NT.  

I'm not so sure about that.  Christian Ringo might have something to say about that.  Now, I'm really hoping that Wren comes in and takes TC and Preseason by storm, as the tougher it is to let anyone go, the better the overall quality of the position group.  If Wren is an instant success, could lead to Ringo being a somewhat valuable trade asset.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 06:38 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If given a fair shot I could see Ringo competing with Billings.  His stats, though in short time, would put him on equal standings going into camp.

Um... one's a UT one's a NT, so they won't be competing, not to mention that Billings performed much better than Ringo last year.

(05-03-2019, 08:27 AM)pally Wrote: Except Ringo plays defensive end not tackle

Um... what? lol

He's a UT and I don't think he's ever lined up as an end, even in a 3-4 (gotta check up on that, he may have in GB).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 09:20 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Um... one's a UT one's a NT, so they won't be competing, not to mention that Billings performed much better than Ringo last year.

Um... what? lol

He's a UT and I don't think he's ever lined up as an end, even in a 3-4 (gotta check up on that, he may have in GB).

According to the Bengals roster he is a DE.  MIght be a typo or may mean they are moving him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 10:32 AM)pally Wrote: According to the Bengals roster he is a DE.  MIght be a typo or may mean they are moving him

Don't think its a typo; he's listed as a DE on PFR as well.

But he NEVER lined up as a DE; I don't know why these sites just can't list things properly.

Like when 'dre was listed as a G/T in 2013 or whatever and he never took a snap there.

PFR has changed that now, but I remember it being there and being completely puzzled.
Reply/Quote
Am I right in understanding that usually the heavier guys are the 1-techs? Like the depth chart might have Andrew Billings/Josh Tupou/Russell Wren on one side (the right side?) and Geno Atkins/Ryan Glasgow/C Ringo/Andrew Brown on the other (DT3)? Or are they more interchangeable than that?

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 12:43 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Am I right in understanding that usually the heavier guys are the 1-techs? Like the depth chart might have Andrew Billings/Josh Tupou/Russell Wren on one side (the right side?) and Geno Atkins/Ryan Glasgow/C Ringo/Andrew Brown on the other (DT3)? Or are they more interchangeable than that?

I think that depends upon the individual player, more than anything.  Generally, the bigger, stouter man will be the NT, as he will be more capable of taking on the double team from the OL.  However, sometimes a lighter, more agile man is used in the form of a penetrating NT.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 12:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that depends upon the individual player, more than anything.  Generally, the bigger, stouter man will be the NT, as he will be more capable of taking on the double team from the OL.  However, sometimes a lighter, more agile man is used in the form of a penetrating NT.

Ala Jay Ratliff.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 10:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, Ringo showed very well.  If he carries that momentum into camp with him, it will make the DT situation very interesting.

(05-03-2019, 01:46 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Ringo probably has a say in it as well.

Really love hearing this. Love the name as well.

You ain't no daisy.

(05-03-2019, 02:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Glasgow is a key player to our D being better IMO. We need him healthy. If he and Billings to take a big step forward we are in business.

I hope Glasgow is able to play a healthy 50%+ of our available DT snaps.

Yes, hoping Glasgow is ready to go come TC, he did have a whole year to get better since it was an early injury.
Reply/Quote
You never really know how these things might play out. I hope Glasgow returns to full form, but Wren could potentially surprise everyone and crack the starting lineup and play great.. I'm not predicting such, but boy howdy wouldn't it be great to have the little giant come right in and force the issue and bull over offensive guards, centers and tackles from the get go getting sack after sack? Maybe I'm just channeling my inner fantasy boy here, but that's my right as a dedicated Bengals fan..  Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:45 PM)pally Wrote: He was placed on IR last season, in week 4 I think, after tearing his ACL in the previous game.  He should be ready for training camp.   We haven't talked a lot about him but he was showing improvement in each game before he got hurt.  He'll be 10 months out from the injury when training camp starts

However, Atkins and Billings are still the starters at DT.  Josh Tupou is the other veteran DT. He tore his pectoral in November ending up on IR also last year.  Andrew Brown was on the PS last year.

If I had to guess, the DTs will be Atkins, Billings, Glasgow, with Tupou and Brown fighting it out for the last position.  I had Wren penciled in for PS.  He's not ready quite yet.

Wren is not going to the PS, you don't try and stash 4th round picks on the PS.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 02:41 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Wren is not going to the PS, you don't try and stash 4th round picks on the PS.

Only if certain fans don't like the pick.. Then it's paramount to downplay his strengths and shine a super bright light on any and all perceived weakness..  You don't agree? Well, I'm just shocked..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 02:41 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Wren is not going to the PS, you don't try and stash 4th round picks on the PS.

This...seeing how high everyone was on this pick I can’t see him not making it. If you put him on the PS he’s gone because with his raw talent some team will put him on their roster.
Reply/Quote

This...seeing how high everyone was on this pick I can’t see him not making it. If you put him on the PS he’s gone because with his raw talent some team will put him on their roster.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 07:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would be surprised if that is the case.  My guess might be that Glasgow starts the season on the PUP list, and Wren is the backup NT.  

Wren has potential but we need to watch the hype on him. Watching his tape he gets locked out by the linemen and comes out of his stance standing straight up. He never seems to work a gap just bulls straight into the lineman with no leverage from being to upright. Then the lineman just locks on and drives him out of the play. Also seems to give up on the play early. He has potential due to size but he is going to need a lot of coaching.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 09:20 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Um... one's a UT one's a NT, so they won't be competing, not to mention that Billings performed much better than Ringo last year.

Um... what? lol

I'm lazy to look it up again.

I thought after reviewing both of their numbers from last season that Ringo would project right on par with Billings and even surpass in some numbers?

I'm not pounding the drum for him(he wasn't great)but he looked to be more disruptive when he was out there.

Now if you want to say that Billings improved from the season before.  Then yes.  Yes he did.

There's an article written about it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Wren looks like trash on tape. Hoping he proves me wrong.
Reply/Quote