Poll: Will Zac Lose The Locker Room This Year?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will Zac Lose The Locker Room?
(10-20-2020, 12:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I just gotta wonder what Taylor's saying in the locker room after these losses.

"We're trending in the right direction!"
"We're a few plays away from being undefeated!"
"If we close our eyes and cross our fingers, the wins will magically start coming!"

How much longer will full-grown adult men buy into empty buzz phrases?

We gotta do better!

Oh wait that was Marvin, nevermind.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/report_bengals/status/1318545059734822917
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: https://twitter.com/report_bengals/status/1318545059734822917

link does not work
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: link does not work

"On Instagram Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap took the Bengals out of their bio."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:12 PM)Big Boss Wrote: "On Instagram Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap took the Bengals out of their bio."

[Image: iStock-182900067-150dpi-300x200.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 12:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: How much longer will full-grown adult men buy into empty buzz phrases?

Would it be better if he told them everything was hopeless?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 11:34 AM)pally Wrote: or is it players who got used to taking every other play off under Marvin now paying the consequences for their play?

Since we had a winning record under Marvin maybe they should go back to whatever they were doing then.

It sure worked better than what is happening now.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 11:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Green said that is not even what the conversation was about. So you're calling him a liar?

Yeah. If he tries to say that he didn't say 'if they're not gonna use me, you know, trade me', he's lying. Athletes lie.

The post you quoted gives him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't being a petulant diva though, so i don't know why you really brought it up. 

Old news.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 12:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: There's really not that much grumbling. Dunlap is grumbling because he lost his starting gig... his fault for not performing.
Phillips is grumbling basically because Alexander has returned and took his spot back. Ross is Ross, always someone else's fault. AJ had a bad week, but is back and he and Atkins will be right back on board as their snaps go up. So, basically Carlos....

Uhm. Yeah. There's been a lot of grumbling going on the last couple weeks. 

I just now logged on for the first time today and when i saw the Ross thing, it's like the dam has broken. All kinds of guys spouting off now. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I said yes not even because of the Carlos/AJ/whatever stuff going on. It's for 1 simple reason. Losing.

Any HC who doesn't win will eventually lose the locker room. I don't see Taylor winning, so I don't see Taylor keeping the locker room.

Winning solves all problems but it simply isn't happening here under Taylor.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 02:17 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. If he tries to say that he didn't say 'if they're not gonna use me, you know, trade me', he's lying. Athletes lie.

The post you quoted gives him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't being a petulant diva though, so i don't know why you really brought it up. 

Old news.

You should get one of those spy jobs for NE, reading lips, since you are an expert at it.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 08:17 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I said yes not even because of the Carlos/AJ/whatever stuff going on. It's for 1 simple reason. Losing.

Any HC who doesn't win will eventually lose the locker room. I don't see Taylor winning, so I don't see Taylor keeping the locker room.

Winning solves all problems but it simply isn't happening here under Taylor.

Forget losing, once you lose the respect of the players, it's over.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:12 PM)Big Boss Wrote: "On Instagram Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap took the Bengals out of their bio."

It looks like some are saying it was never in their Bio. 
Reply/Quote
James Rapien sees it happening too...

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-lack-of-communication
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:02 PM)GodFather Wrote: It's obvious how frustrated the fans have been this season thus far, but thats not surprising in the least bit. We as fans don't really know whats going on behind the scenes with the coaching staff and players. My question is if the season continues and the Bengals win only 3 games or so do you think Zac will lose the players confidence in him or do you think they have a different perspective being in the thick of things?

Of course, no one likes to lose like this.
Reply/Quote
Short answer is, yes! When your veteran Pro Bowlers are calling you out, you're in trouble.
Reply/Quote
I'm definitely not sold on ZT at this point, but I also really cant believe all of the media speculation because its really all just opinion and speculation. For instance, I keep reading that Geno Atkins has expressed his frustration about his role this season. But not one of those articles have offered real life evidence as such. "Sources within the organization" really doesnt cut it for me. Geno has been hurt all year until 2 weeks ago lol. Carlos Dunlap is clearly not happy, but he came into the year a starter and hasn't even cracked a 55 pff grade for his overall play. Sadly he has kind of earned losing his starting spot. If he starts playing like he did the second half of last season, I have no doubt he will see more snaps. He lost snaps because others were playing better. Atkins is a totally different story. He's coming off his worst season and was overused last year for his age. He got hurt and they are working him back in. If he wants more playing time, he will have to produce when he plays. Lou said he wishes Geno could play every snap but thats not where they are at right now. I cant say I blame him.

Shawn Williams was one of the worst S's in the NFL last season. Who is he to say his talent is being wasted, especially once again coming off injury? He's lucky to not have been released after leading or nearly leading the NFL in missed tackles last season. And he has never been good in coverage, and he is also getting older. Phillips gets mad because he wasnt listed as a "starter" which doesnt really mean anything in a defense that rotates players in and out. And then proceeded to have a terrible game to follow up his big boy tweet about how his talent is being wasted. Dude needs to back his shit up, or else its really just shit.

Bottom line none of the guys who are mad about their role on the team have done crap to make the team better this year. We are losing games like crazy, and yeah that is on ZT first and foremost, but for these players to vent on twitter and all that stuff is ridiculous. Those guys all need to grow up and play better, period. Dunlap, Williams, Phillips and Ross have not a pot to piss in when it comes to their roles this year. They have all played poorly, and Ross was done here the second he was drafted. Matter of time is all his career here has been. He is too weak minded to be a Bengal and that has been apparent the entire time.

I see a fire sale coming.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 08:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You should get one of those spy jobs for NE, reading lips, since you are an expert at it.

Not really. I even called someone out on it and said they should be banned for spreading rumors, in the GDT. Then i went back and watched it again.

If you know what was "supposedly said", you can follow along. You don't need a lip reading degree. 

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 08:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You should get one of those spy jobs for NE, reading lips, since you are an expert at it.

Not an expert on it, but I'm legally deaf. I've  been reading lips for 20 years.

That's what he said. Body language also helps convey the message. 

I'd definitely welcome a spy job. Would be a pretty sweet gig!

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I think he already has.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote