Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Glasgow to IR
In other Bengals news

Glasgow hurt his knee in the Rams game and is gone for the season. He lost all of last season to a torn ACL and missed 3 games this season with a thigh injury. In other words he is a perfect Bengal....snakebit

CB Greg Mabin promoted from practice squad

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Copperheads
Reply/Quote
Are guys hurt or do they just not want to play for Mile Brown? Go to IR, get paid, and then hit Free Agency.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have so many injuries year in and year out, it’s crazy.
Reply/Quote
Dang, was hoping to see him bloom into a nice rotational player
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Are guys hurt or do they just not want to play for Mile Brown? Go to IR, get paid, and then hit Free Agency.

a defensive lineman who will have missed 24 of his first 32 games due to injury is not going to make an impact in free agency.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I’m ready to move on from GLASSgow. In seriousness, he isn’t good enough to keep around if he can’t stay healthy. It’s not like he’s ever going to be a pro bowler, he’s just a backup.
Reply/Quote
Feel sorry for him. Sucks to work hard to come back and then get injured again.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 05:44 PM)pally Wrote: a defensive lineman who will have missed 24 of his first 32 games due to injury is not going to make an impact in free agency.

It was more of a joke about how badly this team is doing, but there wouldn't be a big surprise to see guys trying to get out of town ASAP, like the 90's coming back around again.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Just another overhyped preseason stud. I don't think we will be seeing any major dropoff with Glasglow out.
Reply/Quote
What’s the injury? Could he have played on the Oline like his brother?
Reply/Quote
Can the whole team just go to the IR ?
Reply/Quote
At the start of last year Glasgow started playing very well. Now...2 major injuries later...he might be done.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:39 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Just another overhyped preseason stud. I don't think we will be seeing any major dropoff with Glasglow out.

bring back Ringo Starr!
Reply/Quote
I thought Glasgow was playing well....too bad. The fault in our defense lies on the edges and the LBs...not so much the middle.
Reply/Quote
Was it the same knee as last year or the other one?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought Glasgow was playing well....too bad.  The fault in our defense lies on the edges and the LBs...not so much the middle.

He was. All this "he's just a backup" crap is sour grapes. Glasgow is a solid rotational player on a pretty good D-line. Hopefully he will recover and be back at the start of next year.
Reply/Quote
Glasgow is a very solid player. I'd say it hurts the team but, in this bizarro world, whatever helps the team ultimately hurts the team in our quest for 0-16.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 06:13 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m ready to move on from GLASSgow. In seriousness, he isn’t good enough to keep around if he can’t stay healthy. It’s not like he’s ever going to be a pro bowler, he’s just a backup.

We have to keep him because we drafted him after all...
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
He's played in 8 out of 32 possible games (last 2 years) where he racked up 8 tackles and 2 assists with 0 career sacks.
Reply/Quote