Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Glasgow
(04-29-2017, 05:14 PM)BengalChris Wrote: How many games has Thompson, Hardison and Williams been available for in the last couple of years? Not many.

Also, don't forget that Gillberry can move inside on passing downs.

Four out of Gilberry, Thompson, Sims, Hardison, and Williams likely gone.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 12:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Four out of Gilberry, Thompson, Sims, Hardison, and Williams likely gone.

Were keeping 9 maybe 10 guys on dline  depending on if Lawson is considerd a DE or LB. I think two of those guys stays at least. Money on both Hardison and Gilberry because they have experience at both Defensive End and Defensive Tackle spots.
Right now I say final 9  with Lawson considered a OLB.
Nose       3T          END
Billings.   Atkins     Johnson
Glasgow Hardison  Dunlap
             Gilberry   Clarke
                           Willis
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 12:24 AM)J24 Wrote:  Were keeping 9 maybe 10 guys on dline  depending on if Lawson is considerd a DE or LB. I think two of those guys stays at least. Money on both Hardison and Gilberry because they have experience at both Defensive End and Defensive Tackle spots.
Right now I say final 9  with Lawson considered a OLB.
Nose       3T          END
Billings.   Atkins     Johnson
Glasgow Hardison  Dunlap
             Gilberry   Clarke
                           Willis

Perhaps. I was considering 9 with Lawson in there, so perhaps that's not going to be accurate.
If the Bengals keep 9 and list Lawson at LB, I think they only go with 5 true LBs. If that's the case, I think those 5 LBs will be Burfict, Vigil, Minter, VRey, and Evans. Both Dawson and Flowers shown the door.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 03:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: I'm telling you all Glasgow is a stud, here's a highlight video. He will beat out Sims

https://ryoutu.be/jNvz52I4X8g

I like this pick.He seems to fit the unsung hero mold.He want be to flashy but will make some plays.Its gonna be hard for him beating out Pat Simms though.Im rooting for him.
Reply/Quote
I was listening to NFL Radio's coverage of the draft and Phil Savage said he believed Glasgow was being undervalued. Also, in Gil Brandt's Pro Day notes he mentioned several teams talked with Glasgow about a switch to the O-line.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 10:12 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote:  Also, in Gil Brandt's Pro Day notes he mentioned several teams talked with Glasgow about a switch to the O-line.

I was about to say the same thing.  It is probably just because his brother switched to O-line in the NFL, but still interesting.  Jason Shirley was here for over a year before we tried him on the O-line.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I was about to say the same thing.  It is probably just because his brother switched to O-line in the NFL, but still interesting.  Jason Shirley was here for over a year before we tried him on the O-line.

Just curious as to whether the Bengals may have been one of those teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 10:12 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I was listening to NFL Radio's coverage of the draft and Phil Savage said he believed Glasgow was being undervalued.  Also, in Gil Brandt's Pro Day notes he mentioned several teams talked with Glasgow about a switch to the O-line.

I don't like it when we try that crap even if Glasgow's brother is a decent O-lineman.

Glasgow is a damn good DT, leave him there where he is already damn good.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 12:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Four out of Gilberry, Thompson, Sims, Hardison, and Williams likely gone.

The first three are gone. Harrison will likely stay. Williams will either stick as the last DT or go back to the PS.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Glasgow is a high character guy that plays with violence.

He has gotten better every season he played even after injury and all the coaches praised him for being the leader on the line.

His main role will be to replace sims/ peko as that run stuffing lineman. With Atkins and Billings being the primary starters at DT. Its obvious with the two defensive ends we drafted that we are changing out philosophy especially for the right end to faster more explosive guys than another plodding Frankenstein style player that we have drafted previously.

He did have 4 sacks last year which isn't terrible for an interior nosetackle style player. More importantly he helped taco become much more productive by getting penetration even when he wasn't the one getting the sacks he is still pressuring the qb. All around a very solid guy who essentially was a 5th round pick.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's the type of guy that will get down and do the dirty work. I love his **** you attitude on th d line. He may not be a star but he damn sure will help others look better.
Reply/Quote
He isn't big or strong enough to be a run stuffer, and he isn't athletic enough to get after the passer. I'm sure he was a handful in college, but I don't see how he fits in an NFL roster or which current DT he can beat out.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:49 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: He isn't big or strong enough to be a run stuffer, and he isn't athletic enough to get after the passer. I'm sure he was a handful in college, but I don't see how he fits in an NFL roster or which current DT he can beat out.

Unless his technique sets him apart his physical attributes don't really spell for much success.

His 20 reps at the combine is disturbing as well. He'll most likely never have the power advantage against his matchup in the NFL. For reference our boy AJ Green got 18. Dude will NEVER be an elite pass rusher but even with his lack of power he could find a niche as a run stuffer if he gets really good with his hands.

Maybe 4th is too high to draft this guy unless you had extra picks like we did
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:49 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: He isn't big or strong enough to be a run stuffer, and he isn't athletic enough to get after the passer. I'm sure he was a handful in college, but I don't see how he fits in an NFL roster or which current DT he can beat out.

Hes already probably 3rd on the depth chart because our lack of talent at DT unless we move DEs over.

Or is Pat Sims still here?

Hes 4th or 5th on the depth chart if Sims and Gilberry are here
Reply/Quote
Should be him and Billings at NT going forward. And as far off from a starter as Billings was, Glasgow could compete for that spot early, or at least see some good downs. Billings has a good pop off the line, but then looks lost or lethargic at times. Like "oh crap, the QB wasn't where I thought he was going to be."

Overall, a good pick at a spot of need.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 06:32 PM)Housh Wrote: Unless his technique sets him apart his physical attributes don't really spell for much success.

His 20 reps at the combine is disturbing as well. He'll most likely never have the power advantage against his matchup in the NFL. For reference our boy AJ Green got 18. Dude will NEVER be an elite pass rusher but even with his lack of power he could find a niche as a run stuffer if he gets really good with his hands.

Maybe 4th is too high to draft this guy unless you had extra picks like we did

The NFL is littered with a ton of guys with great careers who weren't workout studs. Warren Sapp notoriously had, like, 17 reps on the bench.

I think Glasgow and Lawson are the most intriguing picks. Willis, I think, will be a monster.

I just hope the Bengals coaches let these guys off of their leashes a bit.
Reply/Quote
Love this pick,, this guy is a scrappy son of a gun. Looks instinctive too. He might never make the prob owl but seems like a team guy all the way. Like it
Reply/Quote