Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
(09-25-2015, 06:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Their "paper" may not be legal since it wasn't completed correctly.

Then go down the road 30 minutes. These people have wasted more time and money hassling with this when this could be sorted by them taking a short drive. I go to another county to renew my drivers license because I like the service better. Same issue here.
(09-25-2015, 06:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then go down the road 30 minutes.   These people have wasted more time and money hassling with this when this could be sorted by them taking a short drive.    I go to another county to renew my drivers license because I like the service better.    Same issue here.

How long would it take Kim Davis to sign the marriage certificate?  Two seconds? Less?  Why should they go anywhere when it is Kim Davis' job to issue the certificate and it is the law.
(09-25-2015, 06:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How long would it take Kim Davis to sign the marriage certificate?  Two seconds? Less?  Why should they go anywhere when it is Kim Davis' job to issue the certificate and it is the law.

Why would they waste the time and effort to go through all this unless they didn't care about the marriage license. They cared more about hurting anyone who disagrees with their lifestyle.

They are wasting a lot of resources for a $40 license.
(09-25-2015, 06:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then go down the road 30 minutes.   These people have wasted more time and money hassling with this when this could be sorted by them taking a short drive.    I go to another county to renew my drivers license because I like the service better.    Same issue here.

Slaves used to make a little trip up north to the mason dixon line because they liked that service more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Yes, they could go elsewhere. But as citizens of the county in which Davis is an elected official, it is Davis' sworn duty to do her job and serve them. Unlike the baker or the florist, Davis is employed by the people of the county in which she works. If you aren't going to do your job, you should face consequences.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-25-2015, 06:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes, they could go elsewhere. But as citizens of the county in which Davis is an elected official, it is Davis' sworn duty to do her job and serve them. Unlike the baker or the florist, Davis is employed by the people of the county in which she works. If you aren't going to do your job, you should face consequences.

I agree with all that do not dispute any of this.    An accomodation was made, if that didn't suit them then a short trip is nothing if they still had concerns .  

This has just gotten out of hand.   They aren't going to impeach her, and of they tried she would probably win.   Just take the drive, and let's be done with the hassle.    I doubt Rowen county has many of these gay marriages anyway .
(09-25-2015, 06:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why would they waste the time and effort to go through all this unless they didn't care about the marriage license.  

I think they care about the license. What makes you believe they don't?

Quote:They cared more about hurting anyone who disagrees with their lifestyle.

They are wasting a lot of resources for a $40 license.

If a government official's job involved issuing me a certificate for anything and they refused to do so in direct violation to the law you can bet your last dime I'm not driving out of my county to get the certificate else where. It has nothing to do with hurting the individual and everything to do with making the official perform their job my tax dollars are paying them to perform.
(09-25-2015, 06:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I agree with all that do not dispute any of this.    An accomodation was made, if that didn't suit them then a short trip is nothing if they still had concerns .  

This has just gotten out of hand.   They aren't going to impeach her, and of they tried she would probably win.   Just take the drive, and let's be done with the hassle.    I doubt Rowen county has many of these gay marriages anyway .

No accomadations have been made. Davis even cried about the lack of accomadations in her press conference. She is doing exactly what she was told not to do while not doing what she was told to do.

She is bringing this all on herself because she refuses to sign the marriage certificates which are what the tax payers of her county pay her to do.
(09-25-2015, 06:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes, they could go elsewhere. But as citizens of the county in which Davis is an elected official, it is Davis' sworn duty to do her job and serve them. Unlike the baker or the florist, Davis is employed by the people of the county in which she works. If you aren't going to do your job, you should face consequences.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-25-2015, 07:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If a government official's job involved issuing me a certificate for anything and they refused to do so in direct violation to the law you can bet your last dime I'm not driving out of my county to get the certificate else where. It has nothing to do with hurting the individual and everything to do with making the official perform their job my tax dollars are paying them to perform.

Some people just have no backbone and will make personal sacrifices instead of standing up for their rights.

One of the biggest reasons we lose our rights is because people like Lucie won't stand up and complain about them being taken away.
(09-29-2015, 02:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Some people just have no backbone and will make personal sacrifices instead of standing up for their rights.

One of the biggest reasons we lose our rights is because people like Lucie won't stand up and complain about them being taken away.

Kim Davis should move to a different state.  That's his answer for everything.  Oh, not sure why he has an opinion since it isn't his community.
(09-30-2015, 10:55 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Kim Davis should move to a different state.  That's his answer for everything.  Oh, not sure why he has an opinion since it isn't his community.

And Lucie should move to Somolia where he won't have to worry about the government controlling his life.
Uh Oh...the Pope supports her.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/30/us/county-clerk-kim-davis-who-denied-gay-couples-visited-pope.html
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-30-2015, 11:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Uh Oh...the Pope supports her.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/30/us/county-clerk-kim-davis-who-denied-gay-couples-visited-pope.html

She met the Pope, but he refuses to make any public comment about her.

That is not very strong support.
(09-30-2015, 11:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Uh Oh...the Pope supports her.  

He also like the movie "Ted" apparently.

(09-30-2015, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: She met the Pope, but he refuses to make any public comment about her.

And he said why then he went on to speak about the rights of conscientious objectors.  I keep trying to tell people that there are things that are not going to change in the Catholic Church, but they only hear what they want to hear when the Pope speaks.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-30-2015, 12:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And he said why then he went on to speak about the rights of conscientious objectors.  I keep trying to tell people that there are things that are not going to change in the Catholic Church, but they only hear what they want to hear when the Pope speaks.

Agreed.  Some things will NEVER change.  Some are right, some are wrong.
(09-30-2015, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: She met the Pope, but he refuses to make any public comment about her.

He made comments about conscientious objectors. He does support her.

Watch her convert now. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-30-2015, 12:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And he said why then he went on to speak about the rights of conscientious objectors.  I keep trying to tell people that there are things that are not going to change in the Catholic Church, but they only hear what they want to hear when the Pope speaks.

Yeah, people (on both sides) tend to ignore the fact that what he is saying isn't new, he's just doing a bit of repackaging. He's not liberal, he's not a revolutionary, but he's focusing on what liberals like most about the Church.

(09-30-2015, 12:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He made comments about conscientious objectors. He does support her.

Watch her convert now. Ninja

To a Christian?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]