Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another mass shooting...
(10-02-2015, 05:03 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I used to get all riled up over this. Maybe it was living outside the US that made me realize how ridiculous the attitude towards guns is.

I'm now firmly in the boat of "it comes with the territory." It is simply a depressing part of American culture, and I doubt much can be done about it. It is so ingrained in our culture and isn't about to go away.

Just pray that your number doesn't come up.

Literally "comes with the territory".  Look no further than the American inner cities. I wonder how many were killed in Chicago on 10/1/2015.
(10-02-2015, 07:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: Have they become so common we don't even say we can't talk about them yet?

Don't worry, it will be some time before they will be completely ignored like the killings that take place daily in the hood.
(10-03-2015, 12:50 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Literally "comes with the territory".  Look no further than the American inner cities. I wonder how many were killed in Chicago on 10/1/2015.

The sad reality is that we're immune to inner city violence and write off the victims as being less valuable. Maybe it's the socioeconomic factor, the race factor, or the fact that we just assume that every victim was part of the criminal activity that is associate with inner city gun violence. 

Maybe it's because we won't like the answer when we ask "how did the killer get the gun?" because it will not support arguments for restrictions on the legal sale of guns.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-03-2015, 07:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The sad reality is that we're immune to inner city violence and write off the victims as being less valuable. Maybe it's the socioeconomic factor, the race factor, or the fact that we just assume that every victim was part of the criminal activity that is associate with inner city gun violence. 

Maybe it's because we won't like the answer when we ask "how did the killer get the gun?" because it will not support arguments for restrictions on the legal sale of guns.

I think a lot of it has to do with the last part of your post. 
There is no clean easy way to stop gang violence (aside from ending the drug war) that won't require a lot of work from citizens. You can't legislate things away, never has actual prohibition worked. It makes things worse.