Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do with Pick #6?
(12-29-2020, 04:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If WJ3 isn't re-signed, I think Surtain or Farley is a strong possibility.
If they are set with CBs, I think it's an offensive player. Sewell, Chase, Pitts, or Darrisaw.

I'm predicting the Cornerback group is going to be hit hardest by the drop in salary cap. I can see alot of guys getting released for cap space.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 03:19 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Price was not a total consensus pick. 

He was slated anywhere between late 1st and 2nd-3rd round.

He was my third C behind Daniels and Ragnow. Most had Ragnow as the consensus pick.

I still struggle to see why people would want to draft a C in the first round whose ceiling wasn't even pro bowl. Everyone missed on his floor but he was a bad pick anyway as everyone was right on his ceiling. I didn't like the Ross pick but I could see the logic behind him going that high. The Bengals struck out on that pick swinging for the fences. On Price their clean up hitter struck out trying to bunt with a man on second and two outs.

My point is he was a 1st round pick most had him 2nd but he was across the draft sprectrum a 1st round mid pick
Reply/Quote
Smile 
(12-29-2020, 01:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Price was a total consensus pick by experts and bengals fans, Cedric also was projected in 20s, that draft experts felt we got a steal getting 2 tackles with first round grades. Ross was a reach pick with ?? Marks

I remember the knee jerk reaction on Price was that he was predicted to go in the 2nd round. Before the draft he was projected to go around the 10th or so pick in the 2nd round. Many thought we should have traded down. We came around to the pick after some convincing. It didn’t work out.

John Ross was a pick that a lot of people didn’t like right off the bat. A lot of people liked it because of his 40 time and college production. But he just isn’t tough enough to play this game by the looks of it. Classic Raiders style pick. A pass rusher would have been better.

Cedric was not projected to go that high. Many on the boards thought it was a reach. We were convinced of his value after the fact. It didn’t work out. I remember wanting Bud Dupree as my BPA at that spot.

Like I said, I just want the best player available drafted. I don’t want us to reach for a need, unless it’s a future pro bowler. The only position I’d be okay with reaching a little bit would be pass rusher because they are always drafted higher than expected. If a guy has the right intangibles and character as a pass rusher, I’d be good with the pick.

Right now—sitting at 5–I’m thinking Parsons is probably BPA if available, otherwise Chase or Surtain. But I could be convinced of a pass rusher—his production better back it up though. Obviously if Sewell somehow fell, he should definitely be the pick. Don’t see that happening though. Only way we are looking at another offensive lineman is if we fall in the draft order or trade down (unless someone really rises up the boards between now and the draft).
Reply/Quote