Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do with Pick #6?
Again we are still top 10 in this years draft. They will get a dynamic , potentially elite talent.
Reply/Quote
As much I like Chase, I’m kind of leaning towards Pitts if we want to add an elite weapon. Tee had almost 100 yds with a backup QB playing, and TE might make more sense for us. It’s a copycat league, and both the teams that were in the Super Bowl last year had elite TE’s. Let’s give Burrow one.

Pitts is the first TE since 1977 to finish in the top 10 for Heisman voting, and has a PFF grade of 95.9. Highest of any TE in PFF era.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
A good pass-catching TE is a young quarterback's best friend. I'd love to see Burrow with the benefit of having one. His game is the intermediate pass, so this would be a logical way to give him another weapon.

I wouldn't be mad about Parsons, either TBH. If he's a true defensive leader and playmaker, then sign me up. We haven't had a guy like that in awhile, and last time we did they were kind of a liability with Burfict and Jones. This defense would be super-stout up the middle with Reader, Parsons, the Bates and Bell. I'd be excited to see that play out.

I really wish that this was a good year for under tackles. While we certainly need edge guys, I think the biggest need on D is a replacement for Atkins. I don't see that guy in the first round.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 08:49 PM)samhain Wrote: A good pass-catching TE is a young quarterback's best friend. I'd love to see Burrow with the benefit of having one. His game is the intermediate pass, so this would be a logical way to give him another weapon.

I wouldn't be mad about Parsons, either TBH. If he's a true defensive leader and playmaker, then sign me up. We haven't had a guy like that in awhile, and last time we did they were kind of a liability with Burfict and Jones. This defense would be super-stout up the middle with Reader, Parsons, the Bates and Bell. I'd be excited to see that play out.

I really wish that this was a good year for under tackles. While we certainly need edge guys, I think the biggest need on D is a replacement for Atkins. I don't see that guy in the first round.

Nixon seems to be getting first round buzz, but idk about top 10.

Reply/Quote
I'm glad everyone is coming around to a potential Parsons pick. However the Bengals picked 3 LB last year however so they may not want to double down.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
For those who think it s easy to trade back, it is not. Call me crazy, but also don't be surprised if Bengals beat Ravens next week.

Ravens have it all to lose, Bengals could end year with 3 wins with 2 against Steelers and Ravens.

But, I think we do lose, Eagles upset Redskins and we draft 5th.

If Parsons is there I hope we grab him. If not, Surtain should be there. Do my draft board looks like this:

1. Lawrence
2. Sewell.
3. Parsons
4. Surtain
5. Chase

Top 2 gone more than likely
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If we go pass rusher there’s rosseau and that Michigan guy. Can’t remember his name
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:26 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If we go pass rusher there’s rosseau and that Michigan guy. Can’t remember his name

Kwitty Paye.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Kwitty Paye.

Yeah him. Kinda like him more than Rousseau. Rousseau is still way too raw. Really high pick for an investment like that.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't be shocked...but def surprised. 

Those two looked good but they could really use another. I don't want one in the 1st though. 

But...Micah Parsons looks like a real disruptor with a nose for the ball and some serious speed. 

EDIT: He's starting to look like a guy that could fix a couple problems on D; run stopper and pressure up the middle on blitzes.

Watched Parsons highlights and nothing amazes me. Most highlights are against crappy Big 10 teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izLDPKuaCbo

I think I would rather have Chase.
Reply/Quote
I’d be good with Parsons, Surtain, or an edge player, or Chase, or Pitts. If a guard/tackle rose up the boards I’d be good with that too. I would like the best overall player taken though. I don’t want to reach and flop on the pick. More than anything I want to draft a multiple pro bowl player. Enough of the John Ross, ogbuei, Price type picks that take convincing us fans, but in the long run were a waste.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:20 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I’d be good with Parsons, Surtain, or an edge player, or Chase, or Pitts. If a guard/tackle rose up the boards I’d be good with that too. I would like the best overall player taken though. I don’t want to reach and flop on the pick. More than anything I want to draft a multiple pro bowl player. Enough of the John Ross, ogbuei, Price type picks that take convincing us fans, but in the long run were a waste.

Mostly agreed.

I'd add that it really does seem like there are some folks on the boards that can predict at least some of the players that are going to be stars. Like I remember people being excited about the Jessie Bates pick in 3rd think. People knew he was going to be good. 

More than position played we really should look for star players even if they aren't one of our top needs. Also, be active enough in FA that we can make those sorts of picks instead of being boxed into taking a position guy who will never pan out. 

Reply/Quote
Trade back with a team trying to get up to take one of the other QB's beside of Lawrence. I think there's potentially a lot of depth in this class in the first three rounds. We are far from one year away with this crew, so grab more picks. Will we? Probably not. But I'm hopeful.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
I am not expert. But I really like Darrisaw as the best OL coming out this year followed by Slaughter from Northwester. Slaughter can kick inside. If the Bengals can get those two players and a top WR/TE they would be a better team for sure.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Trade down
Reply/Quote
It really depends on free agency. A lot of different scenario's can play out.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:20 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I’d be good with Parsons, Surtain, or an edge player, or Chase, or Pitts. If a guard/tackle rose up the boards I’d be good with that too. I would like the best overall player taken though. I don’t want to reach and flop on the pick. More than anything I want to draft a multiple pro bowl player. Enough of the John Ross, ogbuei, Price type picks that take convincing us fans, but in the long run were a waste.
Price was a total consensus pick by experts and bengals fans, Cedric also was projected in 20s, that draft experts felt we got a steal getting 2 tackles with first round grades. Ross was a reach pick with ?? Marks
Reply/Quote
I love to trade back if good offer comes but like see us sign Jackson, get a nice possession WR in FA and FA lineman and compete it with Parsons especially if we Bynes walks at LBs would fill 3 holes we have on team. Then we can focus round 2/3/4 draft with DE, OL and Tight end.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 01:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Price was a total consensus pick by experts and bengals fans, Cedric also was projected in 20s, that draft experts felt we got a steal getting 2 tackles with first round grades. Ross was a reach pick with ?? Marks

Price was not a total consensus pick. 

He was slated anywhere between late 1st and 2nd-3rd round.

He was my third C behind Daniels and Ragnow. Most had Ragnow as the consensus pick.

I still struggle to see why people would want to draft a C in the first round whose ceiling wasn't even pro bowl. Everyone missed on his floor but he was a bad pick anyway as everyone was right on his ceiling. I didn't like the Ross pick but I could see the logic behind him going that high. The Bengals struck out on that pick swinging for the fences. On Price their clean up hitter struck out trying to bunt with a man on second and two outs.
Reply/Quote
If WJ3 isn't re-signed, I think Surtain or Farley is a strong possibility.
If they are set with CBs, I think it's an offensive player. Sewell, Chase, Pitts, or Darrisaw.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote