Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Video - Burfict NFL's 'Villian'
Stumbled across this video that just came out, didn't see any posts about it. Watching as I type. Thoughts?

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
If Vontaze is the "villain" of the NFL then label the Steelers organization as the f***ing Death Star cause they're full of them. Just tired of the hypocrisy. Tez loves the game of football as do most, to be called out for dirty play while other players/teams (yes, especially the Steelers) don't is complete bs. I can give you a list of a dirty player from most teams today. There are others who don't get away with it I am aware, but Burfict has a laser on his head everywhere he goes. No breathing room whatsoever.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 06:37 AM)Takedown Wrote: If Vontaze is the "villain" of the NFL then label the Steelers organization as the f***ing Death Star cause they're full of them. Just tired of the hypocrisy. Tez loves the game of football as do most, to be called out for dirty play while other players/teams (yes, especially the Steelers) don't is complete bs. I can give you a list of a dirty player from most teams today. There are others who don't get away with it I am aware, but Burfict has a laser on his head everywhere he goes. No breathing room whatsoever.

My sentiments entirely.

I'm not sure how Harrison, Mike Mitchell, Ward, and others have been able to get away with what they've done. A bit ridiculous...

The downside to not being a market team, unfortunately. Less people come to your defense because you bring less revenue in. 

Reply/Quote
Also, I'm surprised by Burfict's diet. ONLY 3000 calories? That's nothing. Three meals a day? Sheesh. It's a wonder he can maintain that size while being an NFL player.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 07:00 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Also, I'm surprised by Burfict's diet. ONLY 3000 calories? That's nothing. Three meals a day? Sheesh. It's a wonder he can maintain that size while being an NFL player.

Yeah, 3000 calories isn't that much for someone his size. He's 6'1'' and probably ~230 lbs(?). Shit, I'm only 180 lbs and I eat about 3200 calories when I'm bulking, and about 2500 calories when I'm cutting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice Hellcat Challenger....
Reply/Quote
What a monster!

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 06:09 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Stumbled across this video that just came out, didn't see any posts about it. Watching as I type. Thoughts?

I think I would like to commend SI for showing the human side of Vontaze Burfict, and letting him talk about how he is trying to clean up his image.  This can do nothing but good from a PR standpoint for Tez.  Good on SI, and good for Vontaze by them allowing him to show the world he isn't some nasty thug.  Watching him with his family was the icing on the cake.  Kudos to all involved.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Nice Hellcat Challenger....

Couldn't help but be a little jealous of that.... Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 08:13 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, 3000 calories isn't that much for someone his size. He's 6'1'' and probably ~230 lbs(?). Shit, I'm only 180 lbs and I eat about 3200 calories when I'm bulking, and about 2500 calories when I'm cutting.

I do 700 calories when I am cutting.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good stuff. Idc what anyone says about Tez, he's already cemented himself as one of my favorite Bengals ever.

Reply/Quote
I was literally terrified when he went home to his family.

Good on SI for this. Wish it were longer though.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 11:12 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I was literally terrified when he went home to his family.
Why? 

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 10:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I do 700 calories when I am cutting.

Holy shit. 700 calories a day? I couldn't do that. I always try to exercise more often and not cut my calories as much as I could. When I workout and eat less than 2500 calories I feel like shit, and all of my lifts start going down. Hell, I can't even run as long as I normally do. I just operate way better being "well fed".
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 11:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why? 

Sorry, thought it was obvious i was being sarcastic.

Reply/Quote
The most jarring part of that video was when they showed him sitting in the hot tub in his sweats and hoodie.
Reply/Quote
Here is the link to the article that accompanied the video

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/01/24-hours-vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Makes Vontaze seem like an actual human being instead of a big scary monster that intentionally tries to destroy careers week in and week out. I enjoyed watching, thanks for posting.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 12:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The most jarring part of that video was when they showed him sitting in the hot tub in his sweats and hoodie.

Yeah that had me scratching my head... Maybe needed to keep it PG-13
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 06:37 AM)Takedown Wrote: If Vontaze is the "villain" of the NFL then label the Steelers organization as the f***ing Death Star cause they're full of them. Just tired of the hypocrisy. Tez loves the game of football as do most, to be called out for dirty play while other players/teams (yes, especially the Steelers) don't is complete bs. I can give you a list of a dirty player from most teams today. There are others who don't get away with it I am aware, but Burfict has a laser on his head everywhere he goes. No breathing room whatsoever.

Feel the exact same way, it is ridiculous.

Thanks for the vid Caped Crusader. Shows what a good man he has become and he has definately tried to straighten
the dirty play out of his game. One of my favorite players of all time and even when we are losing it is still a breath of
fresh air to have Vontaze Burfict on my favorite team.

Dude has the perfect mix of smarts and playmaking ability and i truly believe could be the best LB'er in the NFL.

Props to SI for showing his humanity. He is a family man.
Reply/Quote