Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI.com Day 2 Bengals Draft
2nd round Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State

3rd round Hassan Ridgeway, DT, Texas

Thoughts???
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:35 PM)Knightmare on Elm Street Wrote: 2nd round Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State

Thoughts???

Me be very happy with this. Cool
Reply/Quote
That would be a very good day.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:35 PM)Knightmare on Elm Street Wrote: 2nd round Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State

Thoughts???

This was exactly what I said would be a home run in another thread. Would love it.
Reply/Quote
I really don't know enough about Thomas, but I doubt Ridgeway lasts that long in the third. There's a lot of DL talent this year, but like with every position, once it starts to go, it's going to go quick. That said, I'm not high on him. He's a defensive version of Andre Smith — another guy I wasn't high on — with the same knocks. He's great when he wants to be. The rest of the time, people scratch their head and say 'well, maybe he's injured' or 'maybe he's just taking a couple plays off' or 'maybe he just isn't hitting the gym.' Whatever the case, I don't trust him to be consistent enough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:27 PM)Benton Wrote: I really don't know enough about Thomas, but I doubt Ridgeway lasts that long in the third. There's a lot of DL talent this year, but like with every position, once it starts to go, it's going to go quick. That said,  I'm not high on him. He's a defensive version of Andre Smith — another guy I wasn't high on — with the same knocks. He's great when he wants to be. The rest of the time, people scratch their head and say 'well, maybe he's injured' or 'maybe he's just taking a couple plays off' or 'maybe he just isn't hitting the gym.' Whatever the case, I don't trust him to be consistent enough.

Michael Thomas of OSU is probably the most polished WR in this draft. He runs great routes, has good hands and is dependable.

If Ridgeway was as inconsistent as you say he should definately last until the 3rd. But i disagree with you and think he is definately
consistent enough and those flashes are great. Have to see something in a player to know if they could be good. Ridgeway jumps
off the screen when he shows up. That is better than being consistently meh.
Reply/Quote
Lol Thomas or Shepherd wont be there for our picks
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Michael Thomas of OSU is probably the most polished WR in this draft. He runs great routes, has good hands and is dependable.

If Ridgeway was as inconsistent as you say he should definately last until the 3rd. But i disagree with you and think he is definately
consistent enough and those flashes are great. Have to see something in a player to know if they could be good. Ridgeway jumps

I'm leaning toward him going in the second for the same reason Smith went in the first. When he's good, he's one of the best. Some teams think they can get that level of production out of a guy the majority of the time.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Michael Thomas of OSU is probably the most polished WR in this draft. He runs great routes, has good hands and is dependable.

I actually think TX as a whole was wildly inconsistent. If they take Ridgeway in the 2nd I would be fine with it. I think they on the BENGALS roster he would elevate himself up. He has Atkins like dominance on a lot of plays. Being around Geno and this Dline would rub off. Truly rare talent in Ridgeway.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:53 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm leaning toward him going in the second for the same reason Smith went in the first. When he's good, he's one of the best. Some teams think they can get that level of production out of a guy the majority of the time.

I hope we can if we draft him.

(04-29-2016, 02:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I actually think TX as a whole was wildly inconsistent. If they take Ridgeway in the 2nd I would be fine with it. I think they on the BENGALS roster he would elevate himself up. He has Atkins like dominance on a lot of plays. Being around Geno and this Dline would rub off. Truly rare talent in Ridgeway.

Very true, with a guy like Geno he makes up for some inconsistency early on. A splash guy like Ridgeway would be a
nice change of pace from what we have been seeing with Peko, Sims and Thompson. Ridgeway is a good run stopper
as well which is what we need more than anything.

But he has shown that he can rush the passer in flashes as Benton here says. Would love to have him in the 2nd.

Of course i like Billings much more but i find it highly unlikely he falls very much further.

But who knows? Have already been surprised by the level of talent that has fell this far. Never thought Jarran Reed
or Rankins would of made it out of the first.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:46 PM)Element Wrote: Lol Thomas or Shepherd wont be there for our picks

I agree with this. We might be surprised, but I doubt it.

IMHO, if we want one of these better WRs in the draft, we're just going to have to break with tradition and trade up to do it. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:18 PM)Shady Wrote: I agree with this. We might be surprised, but I doubt it.

IMHO, if we want one of these better WRs in the draft, we're just going to have to break with tradition and trade up to do it. 

I doubt we trade up in the 2nd, maybe the 3rd if one of our guys is there.
Reply/Quote

Thoughts???

[Image: 4rMAzr.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:46 PM)Element Wrote: Lol Thomas or Shepherd wont be there for our picks

People thought the same of Myles Jack being available after the first round.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'd be happy, if it turned out like that.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I hope we can if we draft him.

Very true, with a guy like Geno he makes up for some inconsistency early on. A splash guy like Ridgeway would be a
nice change of pace from what we have been seeing with Peko, Sims and Thompson. Ridgeway is a good run stopper
as well which is what we need more than anything.

But he has shown that he can rush the passer in flashes as Benton here says. Would love to have him in the 2nd.

Of course i like Billings much more but i find it highly unlikely he falls very much further.

But who knows? Have already been surprised by the level of talent that has fell this far. Never thought Jarran Reed
or Rankins would of made it out of the first.

J.Reed,A'Shawn Robinson,and Michael Thomas,K.Garrett,Sterling Shepard,Tyler Boyd,and the big DT from Ohio State.What a draft,It will get an A grade for sure.I trust our coaches and scouts to make the right pick,and I am so glad we are ahead of the stinkin Stoolers.Oh yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Would love it. This second and third round will really shape my opinion of this draft. If we come away with Michael Thomas, Andrew Billings, Sterling Shepherd, or Tyler Boyd I would be ecstatic. I like William Jackson III a lot but I don't want to miss out on grabbing an impact WR and a future Peko replacement tonight.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote

Thoughts???

Would be a perfect day 2.
Reply/Quote
I'd like it, but I honestly think that the Bengals are going to have to trade up for Thomas. Ridgeway could still be there.

There's still talented defensive tackles left.

There's Reed, Robinson, Billings, Jones, Johnson, Bullard, Washington, Collins, and Day. That's 9 defensive tackles right there.

Also, I believe Noah Spence could be a wild card if he continues to fall.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 05:33 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Would love it. This second  and third round will really shape my opinion of this draft. If we come away with Michael Thomas, Andrew Billings, Sterling Shepherd, or Tyler Boyd I would be ecstatic. I like William Jackson III a lot but I don't want to miss out on grabbing an impact WR and a future Peko replacement tonight.
ThumbsUp
(04-29-2016, 06:22 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'd like it, but I honestly think that the Bengals are going to have to trade up for Thomas. Ridgeway could still be there.

There's still talented defensive tackles left.

There's Reed, Robinson, Billings, Jones, Johnson, Bullard, Washington, Collins, and Day. That's 9 defensive tackles right there.

Also, I believe Noah Spence could be a wild card if he continues to fall.

Probably right about trading up for the OSU Mike Thomas, but the other Mike Thomas will probably make it to our pick
at 55 and i wouldn't mind him at all. The thing is, those are a lot of good DT's and i probably would want one of them
more. Billings and Reed for sure i would.

Spence might be a little small for what we usually like in an End but i would not be against it at all, actually would
applaud it. We do have a new DL coach, maybe we won't just look at an End for his size for once and just get a damn
pass rusher.
Reply/Quote