Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIGN AJ GREEN!!!!!!!!
(08-31-2015, 12:47 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: [Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Harumph!!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:34 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It's gonna happen before the season starts.

Give a reason why it won't.

We're the Bengals.

I think it will because it's stupid for both sides not to and it needs to get done, but, growing up in Cincinnati, you expect the worst.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We're the Bengals.

I think it will because it's stupid for both sides not to and it needs to get done, but, growing up in Cincinnati, you expect the worst.

The same Bengals who have gotten deals done like this regularly of late? Okay brad. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ????????????

Only first round picks have 5th year options and an option is indeed a part of the rookie contract...........FYI

I know that.  What does that do with what I just said?

Geno was signed before his rookie deal was up.  AJ played out his rookie deal and is now playing on a 5th year option.  Player A got rewarded with a long term deal early, and after playing on a rookie contract, that was a discount compared to his actual worth.  Player B got a short term tag, which offers no long term security, after also playing on a rookie deal. As of right now, Player B is much further along in his career, with a fraction of the long-term financial security that was gained by Player A.

If they can reward Geno and Andy early, why didn't they reward Green early, by signing him last year?  Are you saying he doesn't deserve it.  And if they don't sign now, GOING INTO YEAR 5, then what does that say to him?  That Dalton, Dunlap, Atkins, they all get rewarded with huge signing bonuses, but you, the best player on our team, have to go out and risk everything because we want to keep you at a discounted price as long as possible? Cuz that what it says to me.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The same Bengals who have gotten deals done like this regularly of late? Okay brad. 

Like I said, it's just from growing up here and expecting the worst.

Plus, what's the hold-up?  The market has been set.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, it's just from growing up here and expecting the worst.

Plus, what's the hold-up?  The market has been set.

Why rush? 
Get the best deal possible for both sides.
Maybe Green is holding up the deal. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You are missing the upfront bonus money or any incentives, but the other numbers look correct based on what was reported (not confirmed yet)

The bonus money is built into the guarantees I listed.  One is guaranteed 45 mil, one is guaranteed 47 mil.  I would assume the signing bonuses are similar, although it's really irrelevant as all that matters is the guarantees.  It's all one and the same.  A signing bonus is just a guaranteed portion of you contract, that you can count on no matter what. The fact that one may be paid 25 mil immediately and one 22 mil immediately, isn't much of a sticking point as long as they're going to be paid equally long term in guarantees. The security is there regardless.

What are the incentives?  I would be curious to hear them.  Do you have site you use to review them?  I'm assuming so because how else would you know I missed them if you don't know what they are?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 12:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What was the date of Genos contract extenstion seemed it was right before the season started.

It was September 2nd.

6 days before the season started.

I think AJ will have the same thing happened.

5 years. 75 million 50 million guaranteed.

The market is set. Now the only thing left to do is set the yearly terms.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:53 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Why rush? 
Get the best deal possible for both sides.
Maybe Green is holding up the deal. 

They certainly felt rushed with Andy.  They approached that deal like a 15 year old getting his first piece of tang.  Rushed, hurried, with absolutely no clue what they were doing.
Reply/Quote
So, the guy who isn't the head of negotiations and being skeptical over the one thing we seem to do well.

Expected answers tbh
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I know that.  What does that do with what I just said?

Geno was signed before his rookie deal was up.  AJ played out his rookie deal and is now playing on a 5th year option.  Player A got rewarded with a long term deal early, and after playing on a rookie contract, that was a discount compared to his actual worth.  Player B got a short term tag, which offers no long term security, after also playing on a rookie deal.  As of right now, Player B is much further along in his career, with a fraction of the long-term financial security that was gained by Player A.  

If they can reward Geno and Andy early, why didn't they reward Green early, by signing him last year?  Are you saying he doesn't deserve it.  And if they don't sign now, GOING INTO YEAR 5, then what does that say to him?  That Dalton, Dunlap, Atkins, they all get rewarded with huge signing bonuses, but you, the best player on our team, have to go out and risk everything because we want to keep you at a discounted price as long as possible?  Cuz that what it says to me.

You do realize Dez was on the franchise tag as he had played out his rookie contract.

My point is you misstated AJ was not on his rookie contract. You were wrong, a part of that contract was a 5th year option.

As I stated, I do want him signed now, but the Bengals still hold the cards as they have this year for only $10 million
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We're the Bengals.

We're the Bengals?  Seriously?  When was the last time they let one of their young talents walk away without giving them a deal?  Joseph?

We're the Bengals should be the MAIN reason that they sign him.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 02:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You do realize Dez was on the franchise tag as he had played out his rookie contract.

I do, but he never played on it.  Remember, he was drafted pre-collective bargaining and inked a 5 year deal. This was the year he would have played on the tag, and it was a franchise at that, not a 5th year club option. (12.8 mil vs 10.5 mil) And if any of these guys deserved to play on an option it was him. (IMO AJ does not) Lucky for Dez they got his deal done.

I'm currently debating why there was a rush to sign Geno and Andy early but not AJ.  And now that the Cowboys and Falcons have been proactive enough to ink their #1, to go along with the urgency shown by the Broncos in inking Demayrius Thomas, the market has been set.  The deal should be done ASAP.  That is my point in a nutshell.  There is no excuse to not have it done in very near future.

Let's all hope that happens and this thread can wither and die.  Fair enough?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 02:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I do, but he never played on it.  Remember, pre-collective bargaining. And if any of these guys deserved to play on an option it was him. (IMO AJ does not)

I'm currently debating why there was a rush to sign Geno and Andy early but not AJ.  And now that the Cowboys and Falcons have been proactive enough to ink their #1, to go along with the urgency shown by the Broncos in inking Demayrius Thomas, the market has been set.  The deal should be done ASAP.  That is my point in a nutshell.  There is no excuse to not have it done in very near future.

Because Geno and Andy didnt have an option available. And AJ is worth a Tag Price tag if it has to come to that.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 02:19 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We're the Bengals?  Seriously?  When was the last time they let one of their young talents walk away without giving them a deal?  Joseph?

We're the Bengals should be the MAIN reason that they sign him.

basically only we we had 2 up for the same position at the same time or within a year of each other.. JJoe was offered a contract... So its not like the bengals arent offering to pay these guys. they are just offering what they think they can afford/ or what they believe the value is and get occansionally outbid.

But over the years mike brown has handed out big contracts to his big players so i doubt he lets AJ slip away.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 02:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Because Geno and Andy didnt have an option available.  And AJ is worth a Tag Price tag if it has to come to that.

So because he has an option you don't reward him?  You don't think he deserves it?  And forget about options, Andy was still locked up for another year at under 1 mil. 

I'm not sure I'm following the logic.  Enjoy the benefits of holding AJ to one last year at a significant discount, but don't enjoy the benefits of holding to Andy to one last year at a significant discount?  Am I following it right?

He's worth a lot more than 10 mil per, which is what he's being currently paid, and he certainly deserves the long term financial security that comes with a long term contract.

I'm sorry you don't think as highly of our best player as I do.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 02:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I do, but he never played on it.  Remember, he was drafted pre-collective bargaining and inked a 5 year deal.  This was the year he would have played on the tag, and it was a franchise at that, not a 5th year club option. (12.8 mil vs 10.5 mil)  And if any of these guys deserved to play on an option it was him.  (IMO AJ does not)  Lucky for Dez they got his deal done.

We have been agreement all along to get him signed now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think Julio deserves more than A.J. if we're just talking production.

Here's what his numbers would look like had he played 61 games instead of 48:

354 Catches, 573 Targets, 5,502 Yards, 33 TDs, 37 Drops

Compare these to A.J.'s 61 games:

329 Catches, 580 Targets, 4,874 yards, 35 TDs, 30 Drops

He was nearly completely healthy in his contract year (missed one from a strained oblique, unrelated to his fractured foot in 2013) and increased his mind-numbing yards/game with over 1500 this year.

Now you wanna bring up "who means more to the offense" and even bring in QB play, whatever, but going off actual numbers, Julio's been more productive on a game to game basis, which is what really matters as long as his injuries haven't showed signs of long term effectiveness. He may end up being made of glass, but its a risk you have to take with a player of his caliber

I'm ok with giving A.J. slightly more guaranteed money because he's been healthier and also has been consistent on and off the field, but Julio deserves the higher APY.
Reply/Quote
I am more worried about getting a deal done with Iloka and Whitworth than with AJ.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
So you people think the office isn't trying based on...what exactly?

Hasn't Green said he doesn't pay attention to that stuff and he let's his agent handle it? AJ probably gave his agent a number and their hashing out contract language at this point. But it's all behind closed doors and while I'm sure AJ gets daily updates he doesn't strike me as the guy to air out his laundry for no good reason. And for what that's worth, the fans wanting news on it isn't a good reason.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote