Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
SNEAKY SUSPICION
I can honestly say that picking late in rounds left us no better than we were before the draft. I know its because we went to the SB, but unfortunately we lost. I was excited to before the draft but after waiting all the way down the draft and just realized all the players we needed were already gone. Thus the picks we got seem to me to be bottom of the barrel and feels to me like nothing we got was no more than camp fodder. I hope I am wrong and I hope they all can contribute to our success. 1 lineman, way to many safeties and defensive edge rushers. No linebackers at all which we desperately needed and nothing to brag about to reinforce our hideous Oline.
I hope I am dead wrong and would appreciate if anyone of you could build my confidence. Please help out. I hated waiting so long.

Reply/Quote
The top three picks are locks to make the roster at the very least. They’re definitely not “camp fodder”.
Reply/Quote
Yes. Everyone knows that there is no talent available after pick 30. They should just eliminate the last 6 Rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:06 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The top three picks are locks to make the roster at the very least. They’re definitely not “camp fodder”.

Nope. This was a weird draft. Not a ton of big, recognizable names. But, there will be good players.

Likely, a few rotation guys Year 1.

Hill in the 1st Round was a 5 star prospect out of hs.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:06 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The top three picks are locks to make the roster at the very least. They’re definitely not “camp fodder”.

you have nothing to base this on. 

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:05 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I can honestly say that picking late in rounds left us no better than we were before the draft. I know its because we went to the SB, but unfortunately we lost. I was excited to before the draft but after waiting all the way down the draft and just realized all the players we needed were already gone. Thus the picks we got seem to me to be bottom of the barrel and feels to me like nothing we got was no more than camp fodder. I hope I am wrong and I hope they all can contribute to our success. 1 lineman, way to many safeties and defensive edge rushers. No linebackers at all which we desperately needed and nothing to brag about to reinforce our hideous Oline.
I hope I am dead wrong and would appreciate if anyone of you could build my confidence. Please help out. I hated waiting so long.

I am very, very pleased with the draft.  The Bengals got highly talented players at just the positions of need (CB, S, DT).  And they are quality individuals as well (team captains, valedictorians, etc.), who will contribute to a Super Bowl culture, and they are versatile to boot. Picking late in the rounds, I was very surprised they did so well. 
Reply/Quote
To the OP's point. I do think it's tougher picking at the end of the rounds and I don't think the Bengals handled it very well.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:05 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I can honestly say that picking late in rounds left us no better than we were before the draft. I know its because we went to the SB, but unfortunately we lost. I was excited to before the draft but after waiting all the way down the draft and just realized all the players we needed were already gone. Thus the picks we got seem to me to be bottom of the barrel and feels to me like nothing we got was no more than camp fodder. I hope I am wrong and I hope they all can contribute to our success. 1 lineman, way to many safeties and defensive edge rushers. No linebackers at all which we desperately needed and nothing to brag about to reinforce our hideous Oline.

Dax is a S with Bates range but better tackling.

CTB is a fast, strong CB not afraid of contact, Nd a good tackler. May replace Apple earlier than most expect.

Zach will help replace the void left by Ojun. He was never left at one spot at Florida so has untapped potential as a 3T.

Day 3, no idea about the players so I can't elevated that worry.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:18 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: To the OP's point. I do think it's tougher picking at the end of the rounds and I don't think the Bengals handled it very well.

That's why they are in the NFL and we aren't.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Great thread!
Reply/Quote
"Build my confidence."

Proceeds to post absolute snark, bad takes and BS, when good posters post pleasant, level-headed supplies.

[Image: cAsCenY.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Picking later usually means you are a good team and are usually drafting for depth / looking toward the future more than looking for immediate starters. With that said, I feel like our first rounder will see plenty of action in multiple packages, our second rounder will see time in dime packages and spelling an outside CB, and our third rounder rotating in along the DLine. Beyond those three is pretty much developmental players and special teams guys, which again, to me, is good depth. The OLine pick is added to our crop from last year and those guys are all depth behind our new starters.

No big names, but a solid draft. These are the kinds of drafts we have to get used to if the Bengals are perennial contenders.
Reply/Quote
Geez Louise. How many starters for the other top teams drafting late. Forgive me now for offending any one but your common sense is awful. We had 1 starter missing. A TE that we rectified in FA. We replaced 3 OL starters in FA? Our weakest spot is corner. I’m not sure there was a sure fire starter there. Hill was a fit as he will play a lot of snaps and is an immediate backup for 3 starters. That’s pretty close. The next pick was a corner and an athletic fast one to battle Apple our weakest starter. The third pick a backup at DT that was sorely needed.

The FO gets aggressive in FA. The coaches,scouts, and Duke Tobin have a clear vision what they want. Versatility and athleticism. This draft reeks at a ridiculous level on versatility and is ranked as one of the most athletic. Their 7th rounder may be the best 7th rounder in team history and the steal of the draft. They gave Frank Pollack a mean as hell blue collar glass eater that would make glass a shortage in the US if turned loose.

4th rounders play special teams Anderson is an all world special teams guy. I don’t know that anything surprises me from old arse Bengal fans.?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Some people have no clue Cool

your absolutely right, and it includes you!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:18 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: To the OP's point. I do think it's tougher picking at the end of the rounds and I don't think the Bengals handled it very well.

Well no kidding it is. You don't get Joe Burrow at 31.

But, there are good players out there. We generally the 2nd Round. Atkins was a 4th Round pick. Do you think fans thought we got a HoFer when we picked him?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Geez Louise. How many starters for the other top teams drafting late. Forgive me now for offending any one but your common sense is awful. We had 1 starter missing. A TE that we rectified in FA. We replaced 3 OL starters in FA? Our weakest spot is corner. I’m not sure there was a sure fire starter there. Hill was a fit as he will play a lot of snaps and is an immediate backup for 3 starters. That’s pretty close. The next pick was a corner and an athletic fast one to battle Apple our weakest starter. The third pick a backup at DT that was sorely needed.

The FO gets aggressive in FA. The coaches,scouts, and Duke Tobin have a clear vision what they want. Versatility and athleticism. This draft reeks at a ridiculous level on versatility and is ranked as one of the most athletic. Their 7th rounder may be the best 7th rounder in team history and the steal of the draft. They gave Frank Pollack a mean as hell blue collar glass eater that would make glass a shortage in the US if turned loose.

4th rounders play special teams Anderson is an all world special teams guy. I don’t know that anything surprises me from old arse Bengal fans.?

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:25 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Picking later usually means you are a good team and are usually drafting for depth / looking toward the future  more  than looking for immediate starters. With that said, I feel like our first rounder will see plenty of action in multiple packages, our second rounder will see time in dime packages and spelling an outside CB, and our third rounder rotating in along the DLine. Beyond those three is pretty much developmental players and special teams guys, which again, to me, is good depth. The OLine pick is added to our crop from last year and those guys are all depth behind our new starters.

No big names, but a solid draft. These are the kinds of drafts we have to get used to if the Bengals are perennial contenders.

Plus, you have a good roster. It's easier for drafted guys to have success on a good roster than a bad roster where they have to carry a team.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:36 PM)RASCAL Wrote: your absolutely right, and it includes you!

Seems someone's panties are in a bunch maybe you need to go back to bed ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
So every team who has picked late has never done well afterwards.

I can agree that the draft was weird but the first 3 guys are playing meaningful snaps this year and they picked a core ST player in the later rounds. That is a good draft and keeps this team in the winning side
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well no kidding it is. You don't get Joe Burrow at 31.

But, there are good players out there. We generally the 2nd Round. Atkins was a 4th Round pick. Do you think fans thought we got a HoFer when we picked him?

A lot of people really liked Geno Atkins at the time of the pick.
Reply/Quote