Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samaje Perine
I think Samaje Perine should be our #1 RB b/c he punishes defenders who try and tackle him.  We as a team play a much more physical brand of football with Perine running the rock, and it showed vs. the Titans.  He wore them down by the time we got into the 4th quarter.  Burrow said after the game, "Today, we just played a more physical brand of football than the Titans."  Credit that to none other than Samaje Perine.

I understand Mixon had a record setting day against the Panthers, but I still think Perine's physicality is the direction we need to go. IMO, Mixon is more of a finesse RB and loves to dance around in the hole instead of taking someone's head off. I vote to make Samaje our man and move Mixon to the 3rd down back.  Also, Williams needs an opportunity to get more touches, b/c he also showed he can be a punishing RB.  We are much deeper at this position than I originally thought.

What are your thoughts?

Tiger
Reply/Quote
Even if he's not number one on the depth chart he's earned the right to at least get more carries even when Mixon returns.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So glad the coaches keep Perine, so many on the board wanted him cut or put behind Evans after last season.. i felt he had some great intangibles and it showed in the preseason that ZT was committed to Perine . Moving forward, Perine will get more time but Mixon will also , many teams today have two headed monsters at RB.. both need to stay healthy , two good backs is always better than one .
Reply/Quote
Believe they will split time the rest of the season and then move on from Mixon next year and make Perine the feature back.

He is running night and day better than previous years when he tried juking instead of getting behind his pads and punishing people. Love the new Perine.

Somebody that knows how should post a video of that vicious stiff arm he used on the Tennessee LB Long Jr.

It was as good as the Hurst block imo, and that's no easy feat to match.

Believe it was his very first run of the game, had it been Henry doing this it would be all over sportscenter.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Im ok with him getting more time. Im not the biggest mixon fan considering how he falls down at the slightest bit of contact. Perine can bowl you over and that stiff arm yesterday was sick
Reply/Quote
Perine is why you dont pay running backs 12 million a year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe they will split time the rest of the season and then move on from Mixon next year and make Perine the feature back.

He is running night and day better than previous years when he tried juking instead of getting behind his pads and punishing people. Love the new Perine.

Somebody that knows how should post a video of that vicious stiff arm he used on the Tennessee LB Long Jr.

It was as good as the Hurst block imo, and that's no easy feat to match.

Believe it was his very first run of the game, had it been Henry ding this it would be all over sportscenter.

Perine planted Tennessee linebacker David Long Jr. into the ground with a stiff arm made for NFL Films, and that set the tone for the rest of the game.  Who Dey  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Somebody that knows how should post a video of that vicious stiff arm he used on the Tennessee LB Long Jr.

Here is a link to the video:

https://www.bengals.com/video/samaje-perine-highlights-run-bengals-titans-week-12

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The other nice thing about Perine is he is at worst competent in pass protection while Mixon is a liability in pass protection. This is an area of Mixon's game he really needs to improve on.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:34 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Here is a link to the video:

https://www.bengals.com/video/samaje-perine-highlights-run-bengals-titans-week-12

Thanks that is as physical as you can get on making a LBer look like a child trying to tackle a man. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:34 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Here is a link to the video:

Dude, That was excellent. I don't recall seeing that during the game. Thanks for sharing.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Thanks that is as physical as you can get on making a LBer look like a child trying to tackle a man. 

This is the draft mantra Duke needs to embrace when drafting later round RBs in the future to complement Joey B.: Get physical runners ready to bruise and run downhill in cold, AFC north match-ups.
Reply/Quote
He's stepped up as a pass catcher and blocker, but he's still rushed 28 times for just 88 yards the last two weeks. That's just 3.14 YPC. PFR has him as credited for breaking 1 tackle rushing on the year which isn't far off his 2 from last year in roughly the same carries.

Neither are the answer for 2023 and it'd be a good time to invest a 2nd rounder or so in RB next draft (or 1st rounder if they end up with a bottom-4 pick again).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 01:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's stepped up as a pass catcher and blocker, but he's still rushed 28 times for just 88 yards the last two weeks. That's just 3.14 YPC. PFR has him as credited for breaking 1 tackle rushing on the year which isn't far off his 2 from last year in roughly the same carries.

Neither are the answer for 2023 and it'd be a good time to invest a 2nd rounder or so in RB next draft (or 1st rounder if they end up with a bottom-4 pick again).

Like Bijan in rd 1?
Reply/Quote
Mixon is more explosive.It’s not close. Perine is more physical it’s not close. Perine is the best in pass pro. It’s not close. Perine has been in on mostly 3rd down before Mixon’s injury. Teams don’t wait to blitz always on third down. Mixon is the better back but Perine’s better for the offense.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 01:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's stepped up as a pass catcher and blocker, but he's still rushed 28 times for just 88 yards the last two weeks. That's just 3.14 YPC. PFR has him as credited for breaking 1 tackle rushing on the year which isn't far off his 2 from last year in roughly the same carries.

Bummer, you ruined my Perine hopes with accurate statistical information.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote

All true, but....'maje has looked surprisingly good (at least to me) in the passing game lately. Not to mention his big play in the AFCCG.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So glad the coaches keep Perine, so many on the board wanted him cut or put behind Evans after last season.. i felt he had some great intangibles and it showed in the preseason that ZT was committed to Perine .  Moving forward, Perine will get more time but Mixon will also , many teams today have two headed monsters at RB.. both need to stay healthy , two good backs is always better than one .

Just shows again the coaches know more than the message board. Just 3 weeks ago Perine was trash here
Reply/Quote
Mixon doesn't bust enough long runs for a "finesse" back.... give me a bruiser all day with this QB and WR crew
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So glad the coaches keep Perine, so many on the board wanted him cut or put behind Evans after last season.. i felt he had some great intangibles and it showed in the preseason that ZT was committed to Perine .  Moving forward, Perine will get more time but Mixon will also , many teams today have two headed monsters at RB.. both need to stay healthy , two good backs is always better than one .

Unbelievable, like 90% of the same clowns on here that love him now.
Reply/Quote