Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samje Perine
I just have feeling that he may be on the Bengals radar. At 5' 11" 237 4.5 forty, he is a three down thumper that can catch. Split time this past season with Mixon and still put up good numbers. Probably gonna be available in the 4th. He is a possible replacement for Hill moving forward and helps bridge the gap til Gio returns.

I don't think they will go RB in the 1st. I think it's Foster all the way. DE in 2nd or 3rd.
Reply/Quote
Hmm, the major problem that I have with a 5'10" 235# HB coming out of college, is that I feel like the training table is likely what has kept him lean and agile. I would fear that he shows up for OTAs in his second year, at 260#.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that the Bengals would go with LB in the 1st round? I mean, I wouldn't mind it, I think Foster is going to be a star with whatever team he plays for. Just curious as to why you think the Bengals are thinking that is the right choice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 05:51 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I just have feeling that he may be on the Bengals radar. At 5' 11" 237 4.5 forty, he is a three down thumper that can catch. Split time this past season with Mixon and still put up good numbers. Probably gonna be available in the 4th. He is a possible replacement for Hill moving forward and helps bridge the gap til Gio returns.

I don't think they will go RB in the 1st. I think it's Foster all the way. DE in 2nd or 3rd.

If we draft Samje, his Aunt who works with me will be very excited.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 06:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, the major problem that I have with a 5'10" 235# HB coming out of college, is that I feel like the training table is likely what has kept him lean and agile.  I would fear that he shows up for OTAs in his second year, at 260#.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that the Bengals would go with LB in the 1st round?  I mean, I wouldn't mind it, I think Foster is going to be a star with whatever team he plays for.  Just curious as to why you think the Bengals are thinking that is the right choice.

I read an article earlier (Bengals Roar... I think it was.) and they were chatting with Paulie G about 4-3 pass rushers at the Senior Bowl.

It was discussing how college had moved away from the 4-3 and how it affects drafting players to fit that mold. Many of the names mentioned in the article are semi-project guys. This leads me to think that if the first 2-3 pure rushers are gone they will probably grab Foster ( sure thing, or close to it) and address pass rusher and RB later. 

Just a feeling I had after reading Gunther's quotes.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 06:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, the major problem that I have with a 5'10" 235# HB coming out of college, is that I feel like the training table is likely what has kept him lean and agile.  I would fear that he shows up for OTAs in his second year, at 260#.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that the Bengals would go with LB in the 1st round?  I mean, I wouldn't mind it, I think Foster is going to be a star with whatever team he plays for.  Just curious as to why you think the Bengals are thinking that is the right choice.

Or he could pull a Leveon Bell and cut a little weight and get faster stronger and more agile. 

Of course that would require a good training staff and whatever performance enhancing drugs it is the steelers use.
Reply/Quote

Basically, between the so called NC phone call between Tez & Paulie and what I read today, it led me to this particular line of thought. Those two were salivating over someone on one of those defenses. I'm leaning Bama.

My reasoning on Samje is, I was looking for a mid-round back that had played against great competion and had success. As well as, a back that fit the big RB mold. Hill has to have a big year if he expects another contract here,so he could be gone after the upcoming season. I like J.Conner as well, but hearing he has lost a step after his injury. He looked good to me on tape but that's what the scouts are saying, supposedly.

The scat back (Gio) is locked up so that role is currently filled after week 6. Until that time Peerman can fill that role. Of course I'm basing this on the assumption that we can't resign Rex.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 09:45 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Basically, between the so called NC phone call between Tez & Paulie and what I read today, it led me to this particular line of thought. Those two were salivating over someone on one of those defenses. I'm leaning Bama.

My reasoning on Samje is, I was looking for a mid-round back that had played against great competion and had success. As well as, a back that fit the big RB mold. Hill has to have a big year if he expects another contract here,so he could be gone after the upcoming season. I like J.Conner as well, but hearing he has lost a step after his injury. He looked good to me on tape but that's what the scouts are saying, supposedly.

The scat back (Gio) is locked up so that role is currently filled after week 6. Until that time Peerman can fill that role. Of course I'm basing this on the assumption that we can't resign Rex.

Uh, what?  Have you actually watched the downs when Peerman gets to carry the ball?  Dude is terrible, looks like a HS Freshman trying to fill in for the stud in the State Championship game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 09:45 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Basically, between the so called NC phone call between Tez & Paulie and what I read today, it led me to this particular line of thought. Those two were salivating over someone on one of those defenses. I'm leaning Bama.

Yeah Peerman has no business carrying the ball...we definitely need to draft someone. And peerman isn't that much faster than "the law firm" was.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 11:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uh, what?  Have you actually watched the downs when Peerman gets to carry the ball?  Dude is terrible, looks like a HS Freshman trying to fill in for the stud in the State Championship game.

(01-27-2017, 12:27 AM)pulses Wrote: Yeah Peerman has no business carrying the ball...we definitely need to draft someone. And peerman isn't that much faster than "the law firm" was.
To answer both in one, I'm just using typical Bengals coaching staff SOP's.  I didn't realize that Ced is an UFA. That said, he is still a typical low budget FA signing considering his ST prowess, so don't be surprised if he's one of the backs on the roster....Hill,Peerman, and a rookie, til Gio returns.

Love to have Rex back but not sure if that happens?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 12:53 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: To answer both in one, I'm just using typical Bengals coaching staff SOP's.  I didn't realize that Ced is an UFA. That said, he is still a typical low budget FA signing considering his ST prowess, so don't be surprised if he's one of the backs on the roster....Hill,Peerman, and a rookie, til Gio returns.

Love to have Rex back but not sure if that happens?

I could see a team like the Pats or Ravens signing Rex.
Reply/Quote
I think it is a toss up whether Burkhead returns.  Peerman's main role is as a special teams player.  They should, emphasis on should, be able to replace him with a younger, cheaper RB (although I recognize there aren't any guarantees that will happen.)  I would be willing to gamble on Perine as a mid round pick.  I'm not sure why Hill hasn't been able to repeat his rookie success the past two seasons.  To me, and I'm no expert, it seems like he dances around too much in the back field trying to break a run for 20+ yards rather than taking what's there, say 3-5 yards, if he would just lower his shoulders and run with power.  Try breaking a damn tackle every now and then and stop with the Electric Boogaloo Breakin' 2 in the damn backfield. It's like Hill is trying to out Gio, Gio. Instead of being Hill. I know at this point, I'm fed up with watching it and I'm willing to try a change.
Reply/Quote

Perrine plays bad against good defenses. He averages around 3 ypc when going up against osu. If I'm taking Oklahoma back it's the other one. James Conner runs almost a 4.7 I think 4.68? If I'm not mistaken. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 02:47 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think it is a toss up whether Burkhead returns.  Peerman's main role is as a special teams player.  They should, emphasis on should, be able to replace him with a younger, cheaper RB (although I recognize there aren't any guarantees that will happen.)  I would be willing to gamble on Perine as a mid round pick.  I'm not sure why Hill hasn't been able to repeat his rookie success the past two seasons.  To me, and I'm no expert, it seems like he dances around too much in the back field trying to break a run for 20+ yards rather than taking what's there, say 3-5 yards, if he would just lower his shoulders and run with power.  Try breaking a damn tackle every now and then and stop with the Electric Boogaloo Breakin' 2 in the damn backfield. It's like Hill is trying to out Gio, Gio. Instead of being Hill. I know at this point, I'm fed up with watching it and I'm willing to try a change.

Our RB coach turned what should have been a top RB tandem in the league in to us wanting and early impact RB. 

A good organization would have held the coach accountable for his shitty job. Instead we have the same RB coach coming back.

It might not matter who we draft. 1. Marvin will do his best to make sure the rookie doesnt play 2. After being "coached" up by our RB coach they will regress. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 02:54 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Perrine plays bad against good defenses. He averages around 3 ypc when going up against osu. If I'm taking Oklahoma back it's the other one. James Conner runs almost a 4.7 I think 4.68? If I'm not mistaken. 

If you want a bigger back just take Kareem Hunt 5'11 225. Looks faster than Perine too !
Reply/Quote

Take a look at his thighs, they look like they weigh 50 pounds apiece.
Reply/Quote
I did like what I seen out of perrine, but I don't think he'd be any kind of game changer rb, I was looking at all the past drafts, and it really is a crap shoot on rbs. There's just so many of them. For instance we could of had bell but we chose, gio Bernard. Freeman was is looking the best out of his class and he was a 3rd round. There was one draft with Peterson and Lynch in the first round, I think that kind of reminds me of this year with cook and fornette, I think cook is a sure thing, fornette is risky. Demarco Murray also was a 3rd rounder.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 05:51 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I just have feeling that he may be on the Bengals radar. At 5' 11" 237 4.5 forty, he is a three down thumper that can catch. Split time this past season with Mixon and still put up good numbers. Probably gonna be available in the 4th. He is a possible replacement for Hill moving forward and helps bridge the gap til Gio returns.

I would make a fun wager that it will not be a LB in Round 1.  I would think they would save the late pick of a RB and go with Tre Carson, who was on the PS last year.  He at least knows the offense and has, potentially, earned a spot.  
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 03:49 AM)pulses Wrote: If you want a bigger back just take Kareem Hunt 5'11 225. Looks faster than Perine too !

And he is an outstanding receiver....probably better than he is a RB.  
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 07:51 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I did like what I seen out of perrine, but I don't think he'd be any kind of game changer rb, I was looking at all the past drafts, and it really is a crap shoot on rbs. There's just so many of them.  For instance we could of had bell but we chose, gio Bernard. Freeman was is looking the best out of his class and he was a 3rd round.  There was one draft with Peterson and Lynch in the first round, I think that kind of reminds me of this year with cook and fornette, I think cook is a sure thing, fornette is risky. Demarco Murray also was a 3rd rounder.

Le'Veon Bell made a big commitment to drop weight. His weight his rookie season in Pittsburgh was 244. He's now down to 225.
It was also reported he was over 250 his senior year at MSU. He dropped to 230 for the combine, which means he ballooned back up to 244 after the combine. Bell also ran a 4.60 40 at the combine at 230 lbs, which is good but not a speedster by any means. BJGE ran a 4.60 40 and was 225 lbs, so the team might have thought he'd be a plodding RB like BJGE and that wasn't what they wanted.

It's taken Bell and the Pittsburgh staff to really get Bell to become a star in the NFL and keep the weight off, as he was not at that level coming out of college. Would the Bengals have been able to get Bell where he is today? I doubt it.

At the time, the Bengals had the plodder in BJGE and needed a scat back to be more dynamic. They got Gio and he's been solid in that role. They then decided to drop BJGE and get a bigger RB in 2014, which is why they didn't go for a RB like Freeman.

It's crazy to imagine though that if the Bengals had done the reverse (find a replacement plodder in 2013 and a scat back in 2014), they could have had both Bell and Freeman. That could be one hell of a dynamic backfield. Even if Bell never committed to being more explosive and lose 20 lbs, it still would likely be better than what the Bengals have now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 07:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And he is an outstanding receiver....probably better than he is a RB.  

Hunt has good size, is a great receiver, and can run both between and outside the tackles. His questions are speed (decent but not great speed for size) and level of competition. Hunt would be a solid selection in the 4th or later, but I wouldn't think he's deserving of anything earlier unless he shows an improvement in his breakaway speed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote