Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Is AJ Green milking his injury?
(10-24-2019, 07:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I do think AJ is a HoF QB if he played with Ryan, or Ben, or Rodgers, etc, but I won’t say he’d be hands down better than Julio or Hopkins, and some of the other elite WR’s. Hopkins never had much at QB before Watson, either.

Then we need to get him under center ASAP.  Especially since we know Dalton can catch a TD! Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 08:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Then we need to get him under center ASAP.  Especially since we know Dalton can catch a TD! Ninja

Lol whoops.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 09:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Milking? No.

I do think he wants to come back fully healthy. Ankle's are tricky. Sprains can linger for weeks and even months and he had surgery on it.

even more reason ship him off for some good draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 08:59 AM)Trademark Wrote: Lance McAlister discussed this yesterday and said he doesn’t think so. Do you all think he’s milking this injury?

I think if he gets traded to a place like GB I’m sure he will heal up pretty fast.
Reply/Quote
I think AJ Green is doing white his agent is telling him to do.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then just go break your body so badly you can't do your job.

OK freddie. Thanks for your input.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no idea if any of that is true.

There are dozens of reasons why he could be taking longer to return than first projected.

But you also have no idea if it's true or false either, it's just speculation. That's the whole point of this message board, every post is conjecture. He is taking a damn long time to come back from injury and he is "old" in WR speak, he hit the hill - historically.

Question is if he was on the Patriots who are 7-0, would he be sitting out with this same injury, for a year.

Some people "say the right thing", so if AJ left after saying he wanted to stay in Cincy, we will blame Mike Brown. He is "saying the right thing" or he is insane. Who would want to stay on this team? Maybe it's a dream for some players to stay with 1 team their entire career, but can you imagine a child version of any NFL player saying "I don't want to win a single playoff game!"
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Keep talking out of your ass.

Defending someone you don't know. Like I said, everyone can be manipulated and you might find yourself meeting someone who you never would have thought could do something - but did.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 09:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've not seen or read anything over AJ's entire career that would suggest any traits like that would exist in his personality.

I am starting to wonder if perhaps the team management is keeping him shelved, in an effort to preserve his heath and value.

Preserve his health and value from a team that doesn't trade players, though?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course anything is possible, but generally I chose to judge people by what they have done in the past instead of saying everyone on the planet is a lying asshole.

In 2014 Green was injured twice and tried to return as soon as possible.  There was even talk that he tried to return too soon.

In 2016 he was pissed when they would not let him play the final two games.  He reportedly stormed out of the stadium when he found out.

He has been a Bengal for 9 years and has never shown anything but class and devotion to the team.  So he has earned the benfit of th doubt from me.

I agree with that reasoning. This whole thread reminds me of something my neighbor told me recently. She said something like "he's bee nice to me". That doesn't mean he's a nice guy. When people judge someone based on how they treat them specifically, maybe that's "all they can go off of", but what if that guy is a serial killer but he just happened to be nice to her? Still a nice guy? 

Truly there are very few nice people out there, a nice person is not mean to anyone. It could be true, AJ Green is that "nice". He might also just come across like that in interviews. We don't know anyone from locker room interviews. CEOs have a great way to publicize and push an image and perception. That's what their brand is. Ask AJ to answer a question about politics and suddenly a percentage of people hate him.

To quote the great Andre, Image, is everything.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 10:57 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: But you also have no idea if it's true or false either, it's just speculation. That's the whole point of this message board, every post is conjecture. 

No.  Every post is not conjecture.  For example I have no idea why Green is not back yet, but you don't see me claiming that I do.

I know I have differences of opinion with some people here, but I don't just make stuff up in my head and claim it is a fact.  I always base my argument on some form of substance.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 11:49 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I think AJ Green is doing white his agent is telling him to do.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 10:57 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote:  Who would want to stay on this team?

Someone who has made strong personal attachments to teammates and/or a city where he has lived for nine years.  Was Andrew Whitworth and the dozens of other players who have signed contract extensions with the Bengals all stupid?  Just because some fans here love to shit on everything the Bengals do that does not mean all the players feel the same way.

Remember when people ripped Kevin Durant for going to a winner instead of staying in Oklahoma City to build his own legacy?  These players can't win.  If they leave a losing situation they are weak, but if they stay in a losing situation they are stupid.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 11:05 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I agree with that reasoning. This whole thread reminds me of something my neighbor told me recently. She said something like "he's bee nice to me". That doesn't mean he's a nice guy. When people judge someone based on how they treat them specifically, maybe that's "all they can go off of", but what if that guy is a serial killer but he just happened to be nice to her? Still a nice guy? 

So you treat every person you meet like a serial killer no matter how nice they are too you?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Someone who has made strong personal attachments to teammates and/or a city where he has lived for nine years.  Was Andrew Whitworth and the dozens of other players who have signed contract extensions with the Bengals all stupid?  Just because some fans here love to shit on everything the Bengals do that does not mean all the players feel the same way.

Remember when people ripped Kevin Durant for going to a winner instead of staying in Oklahoma City to build his own legacy?  These players can't win.  If they leave a losing situation they are weak, but if they stay in a losing situation they are stupid.

Good post, Fred.

Haven’t really thought about it like that.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 11:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So you treat every person you meet like a serial killer no matter how nice they are too you?

Has he been killed by a serial killer yet? Huh? Checkmate, fred.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Someone who has made strong personal attachments to teammates and/or a city where he has lived for nine years.  Was Andrew Whitworth and the dozens of other players who have signed contract extensions with the Bengals all stupid?  Just because some fans here love to shit on everything the Bengals do that does not mean all the players feel the same way.

Sure they win. Regardless of where they go they're getting paid most of the time millions to play. And welcome to the court of public opinion where everyone is never going to agree on their decisions. 

Players aren't stupid to sign here. Not everything the Bengals do is horrible. But the history of the current management regime speaks for itself and they've made more mistakes than not as evidenced by the collective record over the last few decades. They've certainly earned their share of criticism more than they've earned praise.
Reply/Quote

AJ can do as he likes, but he's being ultra-loyal to a franchise that doesn't even have a ring of honor.  It's just baffling, but I've always been a pretty un-sentimental type.  You should have seen how my first girlfriend reacted when I told her that I disagreed that she was the ONLY one for me.  I mean, she lived within a mile of me and it's a big world...just saying.
Reply/Quote