Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Santos admits he lied about everything...still won't step down from office.
Being a bold face liar is the new norm for the GOP.  
Lindsay Graham- Hold the tape, we will not allow a SCOTUS nominee in an election year;

Jim Jordan, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Gaetz, etc- We had nothing to do with the insurrection of Jan 6th, it was ANTIFA;

Donald J Trump:  The big election lie, and everything else that has ever come outta his Con artist mouth.  Due to Trump's malignant narcissism, he has single handily done more damage to American Democracy and our Constitution than the Russians or Chinese could have ever dreamed.  Nazi propagandist minister Joseph Goebbels: "If you tell a big enough lie, and keep repeating it over and over--People will start to believe it."

FOX News:  Admitted in open court they report things they know are false b/c that's what their viewers want to hear, and they are tabloid media designed for entertainment purposes only ;

Tucker Carlson:  Argued in a court of law, He cannot be held liable for slander, b/c no reasonable person would ever believe a word he says. A Judge agreed with Tuckers and Fox news defense of being Tabloid media and is for entertainment purposes only;

Sean Hannity:  Admitted last week while under oath in a court of law that,  Trump knew he lost and he knew Trump lost, but Sean Hannity promoted Trump's Big election lie b/c he didn't want to lose viewers to ONN.  Hannity said he was directed by Fox executives to promote Trump's Big election lie b/c they knew their viewers would leave to NewsMax or ONN.  When Hannity was asked if promoting Trump's Big Election lie was against his moral compass, he refused to answer the question thus acquiescing to the fact he, Fox, and Trump are liars.  

The list goes on and on, so we shouldn't be surprised today's GOP would stand up by doing the right thing and tell Santos to get lost.

This is not your Granddaddy's GOP of Ronald Reagan or George H W Bush. 
Reply/Quote
If Santos denies it. it must be true.  Cool

It's not about him performing in drag...it's about the hypocrisy of the gop.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 04:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: If Santos denies it. it must be true.  Cool

It's not about him performing in drag...it's about the hypocrisy of the gop.

He was undercover busting up the secret drag queen sex trafficking fentanyl CRT ring, you fool.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 05:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He was undercover busting up the secret drag queen sex trafficking fentanyl CRT ring, you fool.

Nope.

He was just "young and having fun at a festival"

Now, I've dressed as a woman for Halloween.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that.  There is nothing wrong with what Santos did.  But his inability to tell the truth about ANYTHING is mind-blowing.  As is the gop just refusing to do anything about it because they need his vote and that's all they care about.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Nope.

He was just "young and having fun at a festival"

Now, I've dressed as a woman for Halloween.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that.  There is nothing wrong with what Santos did.  But his inability to tell the truth about ANYTHING is mind-blowing.  As is the gop just refusing to do anything about it because they need his vote and that's all they care about.

I'm not surprised.  He can dress in drag, and MTG can call for draconian christian nationalism without being stoned for committing adultery.  They're really figured out the secret. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: As is the gop just refusing to do anything about it because they need his vote and that's all they care about.

Correct. Remember, this is the GOP that has no actual platform. They stand for nothing (except for the flag, they will be quick to tell you that). The entirety of their governing positions appears to be chaos and disruption. They break everything and then look at the government floundering in their wake, trying to fix the sabotage they have wrought, and say "see? We told you the government was inept! Sorry, that was too fancy of a word for you. Um...don't tread on me! Am I right?"

They talk about all of these problems in the country but offer no plausible solutions. All we hear out of their mouths are things going wrong. But what are they willing to actually do about them? Line the pockets of their donors is about all they care about and if they can hamstring the government while they are at it, all the better. Meanwhile, they also complain about "thought police" and "wokeism" trying to oppress them while quite literally taking actions against those of opinions not in line with their own because they don't really care about free speech, they just don't like being called out on their bullshit.

Sorry for the rant. This is why I haven't been on here much lately. I am flummoxed by the stupidity of the American public for falling for all of this. And don't think I consider the Democrats all that much better. The fact that the best they could put up was a ***** septuagenarian, now an octogenarian, and he is the only potential candidate for 2024 as of right now is just mind boggling. I truly hope the classified documents situation sinks his chances for 2024.

This whole situation with George Santos is just one more piece of evidence for the joke that is our current political system at the federal level, and it has been infecting the state and local levels, as well, with the idiocy over books being banned and state education boards trying to rewrite history among so many other things. It has legitimately caused me to switch my graduate work focus from government to non-profit administration because I am that annoyed with the chicanery going on. As soon as my pension is decent enough, I'm getting the **** out of government work.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 02:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Sorry for the rant.

Oh, please, preach!

(01-22-2023, 02:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It has legitimately caused me to switch my graduate work focus from government to non-profit administration because I am that annoyed with the chicanery going on. As soon as my pension is decent enough, I'm getting the **** out of government work.

That's a real shame. For sure, I totally understand, but it's a shame nonetheless. If guys like you leave, who stays. As soon as all the capable people get disheartened and go, there's trouble ahead.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 02:17 PM)hollodero Wrote: That's a real shame. For sure, I totally understand, but it's a shame nonetheless. If guys like you leave, who stays. As soon as all the capable people get disheartened and go, there's trouble ahead.

I just enjoy working in smaller non-profits. Not just in Scouting, but I have also been involved on boards of several smaller non-profits in my area and have loved it so much.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote