Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Santos faces federal charges
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 02:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The house has set a new precedent, expelling a member not convicted of a crime. The senate also has a scathing report against Menendez, yet he is not being expelled.

I think Soros is guilty, I think others in Congress are also guilty of campaign fraud and other things like pulling a fire alarm. A new precedent has been set now in the house and the GOP did it at a time they have a very slim majority. Will the Senate do the same and expel Menendez prior to a conviction, but a scathing ethics report with a slim majority. 

It does show one thing, the GOP was not afraid to put their majority at risk and did not play politics. Will Democrats do the same in the future?

Absolutely. The GOP (well, enough of them) finally put duty and honor above politics.  

This just shows the premium that party places on honesty and integrity in politics.

No room for hucksters who live off their own voters' donations. 

I think Soros is guilty too though it is not clear of what yet. Now that this Santos thing is behind us,
Congress should hold hearings and send out some supoenas to find out what he has done. 
Just because he is a Dem doner doesn't put him above the law. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Didn't Santos talk a little too much about the parties ? Like Cawthorn did too ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 10:27 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Didn't Santos talk a little too much about the parties ? Like Cawthorn did too ?

I think the simplest answer is that Santos deceived, misappropriated, and other wise "messed with" donors and their money, and you don't do that and get away with it.  Rank and file politicians know they have to crack down on politicians who go into business for themselves and steal from donors, because you have to show you are on the side of the donors more than anything else.

Just my 2 cents, but the answer to every "WHY?" is usually "Money, that's why."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 10:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think the simplest answer is that Santos deceived, misappropriated, and other wise "messed with" donors and their money, and you don't do that and get away with it.  Rank and file politicians know they have to crack down on politicians who go into business for themselves and steal from donors, because you have to show you are on the side of the donors more than anything else.

Just my 2 cents, but the answer to every "WHY?" is usually "Money, that's why."

I like that you can mess with your electors on daily basis but don't even think about messing with your donors ! 

Sounds that it's not working the way it should. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote