Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu linked to ATL at 7mil per year
(03-10-2016, 10:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They just actually have to try. 

Exactly. Being passive and drafting a couple mid-round WRs won't get it. At least not for 2016.

There are guys on the market who will inevitably be cheaper than MLJ and Sanu, but could be productive here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 10:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one is saying they are Hall of Famers.

Even though I think the Falcons overpaid for Sanu there is no way you can say that two guys who just got $14.5 million per year are "easy" to replace.  If it was that easy other teams would not be throwing that much money at them.

I agree they will be much easier to replace than a #1 WR, but we can't just plug in any piece of garbage.

I think this year's weak crop of WRs in the draft is the reason guys like MLJ and Sanu were so overpaid. 

It had to play into it at least a little.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Basically it forces us to draft a WR early and really we need to also sign a reliable veteran "hands" receiver as well. Otherwise we're basically back to the old "double AJ" days with the only improvements being Andy is much more polished and Eifert (if he is healthy) at TE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 11:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think this year's weak crop of WRs in the draft is the reason guys like MLJ and Sanu were so overpaid. 

It absolutely did.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 11:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think this year's weak crop of WRs in the draft is the reason guys like MLJ and Sanu were so overpaid. 

Fred loves to use contracts given as proof of how great a Bengal is. Remember how Nate Livings got that contract from Dallas we all laughed at, but Fred said it showed how great he was and proof of why him over Mathis? (Before Livings was out of the NFL a year later.)

Conversely, when a player from another team that people on the board wants gets good money, it's his proof that they're overpaid trash.

Odd how that works, eh?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Mo Sanu for 5 at 6.25/per? Talk about taking advantage of a sellers market.. I was thinking he was worth 2.5-3.0M/per.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 09:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mo Sanu for 5 at 6.25/per?  Talk about taking advantage of a sellers market..  I was thinking he was worth 2.5-3.0M/per.

Me too. Glad we didn't pay that.
Reply/Quote