Both
56.45%
35 56.45%
Total 62 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu or Jones or Both?
(12-08-2015, 10:28 PM)jason Wrote: I'd resign Jones, let Sanu walk, draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round, and pick up Andrew Hawkins (the Browns can't keep him around for that money) when he gets released this offseaon.

I could take this and welcome back the Hawk.
Reply/Quote
I said Jones, thinking they would not be able to keep both. I love Sanu's versatility, but he simply doesn't generate separation against even good corners. He needs to be in the slot. The Bengals could have other options there if he is asking for too much.

I hope he and his agent understand that and he stays. I love the guy, but he is not going to get #2 money here...not even close.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. We should prioritize MLJ because he can consistently get open against NFL-quality corners.

2. We should also be able to sign Sanu at a discount because he has made a big commitment with those tiger stripe tattoos on his arm. I can't see him getting those changed to Chargers bolts or something.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
Count me in the both department. However, IF, I had to choose only 1, it would be MLJ.

I love Sanu, but Jones is a better compliment to Green.

Though, I don't think it is impossible to see us retain both.

We could also keep some of those FAs as well. Though something tells me this will be A. Smith's last year in Stripes.

Iloka and Nelson are also a priority. I think we keep Nelson but Iloka may be lured away for a bigger contract.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 07:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is concerning cause you are correct. Those teams like to overpay players, but the Browns have paid a lot
of money for the guys they already got. I mean they have Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins and then guys like Travis
Benjamin and Gary Barnidge outplay them. Pretty crazy those Stains. They have good players.

The Bucs have Evans and the Dolphins have Devante Parker for the future so they might be looking for that
#2 receiver, i just don't know if Mo has had a good enough year to really stand out.

I hope so anyway cause i want him back like i said, but MLJ is definately the rarer talent and he helps out the
whole Offense more cause he is such a deep threat. I just hope some team does not want to pay him like a #1
and he leaves, that would suck. MLJ is special. Great speed and hands.

I follow the Dolphins as well as the Bengals (wife is a Dolphins fan, though she is also a huge Bengals fan, when the 2 teams play she is Dolphins first.) 

They have Jarvis Landry as well as Devante Parker.  I think they are set at WR.  They could use a 3rd WR like Sanu, but they did just sign Suh to a 100 mil contract, so who knows how much cap they have to get that 3rd WR.
Reply/Quote
I think Mo will have a big game here soon. He's due.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 10:28 PM)jason Wrote: I'd re-sign Jones, let Sanu walk, draft a tall burner type WR in the 1st or 2nd round, and pick up Andrew Hawkins (the Browns can't keep him around for that money, unless he got a lot upfront) when he gets released this offseaon.

Practical in theory, but it seems that the team drafted Alford for that small guy, niche role.  He hasn't seen a lot of PT yet, but I'd be willing to bet by the end of year 3, he will be a fan favorite.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Brandon Tate.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 11:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Practical in theory, but it seems that the team drafted Alford for that small guy, niche role.  He hasn't seen a lot of PT yet, but I'd be willing to bet by the end of year 3, he will be a fan favorite.

We also have Wright that could be a good role player to replace Sanu, should the prospect of both AJ and Jones' salaries be too much on the roster budget.
Reply/Quote
I could see us losing one of them to one of our formers coaches. Zim, Jay, or Hue.

If hue gets the Tenessse job he could be great with jones paired with Green-Beckham.

That being said I could easily see both resigning because they both know they will win and be on a good offense.

The free agent I think that will get loads of cash is Andre. Too many teams needing OLine .
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 11:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Practical in theory, but it seems that the team drafted Alford for that small guy, niche role.  He hasn't seen a lot of PT yet, but I'd be willing to bet by the end of year 3, he will be a fan favorite.

And when we had Baby Hawk here, we weren't fully developed like we are now. Just look at the competition for the ball, and how it's working out. Beyond AJ, MLJ, Sanu, Eifert, Hill, and Bernard, we have Burkhead, Alford, Hewitt, Kroft, and various lineman wanting offensive snaps. 

Why would someone want to break that up (except for a Tate upgrade) ?!?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Sanu is a big reason (I think) we do not carry 3 QBs on the roster.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Both, easily. Bengals have the money to do it, and neither will be demanding a lot of money from any team.

Plus, I see a ton of people are forgetting about Sanu's contributions he made to the team in 2014. I mean, he was our #1 for quite a few games and certainly stepped up in games we needed him to.
Reply/Quote
Both have done well but not enough for anyone to think they are anymore than number 2 or 3 receivers. With AJ Green taking the most talented corners each week I've yet to see these guys go off like they deserve huge contracts.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 01:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I could see us losing one of them to one of our formers coaches.    Zim, Jay, or Hue.  

If hue gets the Tenessse job he could be great with jones paired with Green-Beckham.  

That being said I could easily see both resigning because they both know they will win and be on a good offense.  

The free agent I think that will get loads of cash is Andre.   Too many teams needing OLine .

I don't see the team making a big push to resign Andre this off season.  There are two first round tackles waiting in the wings to take his place, and that is $6 million per year coming off the books.  I really like Leon Hall, but I also think they will let him test the free agent market.  He will be almost 32 by the middle of next season and has had two major injuries.  Even if he comes back, it will not be at nearly the salary he currently makes.

I don't see either Sanu or Jones taking any type of discount to stay here.  Neither of them made huge first round money, so this is the biggest chance either has at a big payday.  If I have to choose one, I take Jones without a second though.  I think Sanu can pretty easily be replaced in the draft.  He has 327 yards and no touchdowns this year, the most he has ever had was 780 yards.  I personally don't think he is going to be that highly sought after.  And if he is, then good for him... go get the money.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 01:29 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: And when we had Baby Hawk here, we weren't fully developed like we are now. Just look at the competition for the ball, and how it's working out. Beyond AJ, MLJ, Sanu, Eifert, Hill, and Bernard, we have Burkhead, Alford, Hewitt, Kroft, and various lineman wanting offensive snaps. 

Why would someone want to break that up (except for a Tate upgrade) ?!?

Even tate makes nice plays in the receiving and return game
Reply/Quote
I don't think Sanu will cost THAT much. I don't see other teams offering him a contract that would price the Bengals out. That said, my order of preference goes like this:

1) Iloka
2) Marvin Jones
3) Adam Jones
4) Nelson
5) Sanu
6) Rey
7) Thompson
8) Hall
9) Gilberry
10) Smith
11) Carter
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 06:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If we can keep both, then I'm all for that, but it probably won't happen. If we're signing one, then I'd take a run at Jones first. A good deep threat is harder to find than a slot/possession guy. Jones and Dalton seem to have better chemistry than Dalton/Sanu. I know that Sanu hasn't had a drop attributed to him this season, but he's had drop problems the past two seasons.

I could see someone willing to overspend for his kind versatility.

This is how I see it too.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:17 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Sanu is a big reason (I think) we do not carry 3 QBs on the roster.

Sanu is the greatest QB in the history of the NFL. He's never thrown an incompletion and has a career perfect passer rating.
Reply/Quote
Top 6 

WR Mohamed Sanu

WR Marvin Jones

LB Vincent Rey

CB Adam Jones

S Nelson

S Iloka

Top priority being Iloka
Who Dey!!!